Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
16-02-2012, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 10:38 AM by Reactor.)
RE: Ask a Theist!
How many people in the world do you think that they share exactly the same beliefs about god with you?

Are you the only elect in the world right now?

Do you consider yourself a good man?

Whould you agree to go to hell whenever you die for eternity in order to save your children's life? (hypothetical question)

These questions don't relate directly with each other.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Do you think that its logical to kill yourself in order to go faster to heaven.(even though we know you can't/won't do it.)

Can miracles be explained with science?

Does god "play by the rules" he created? Like gravity. Can he defy them?

Are you afraid of death?

Edit: I thought that if you tried to double post the two posts whould be automatically merged(like they do in some other forums). Sorry Blush
16-02-2012, 11:49 PM
It depends how long since the frst post. If you wait too long they just become two posts.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-02-2012, 02:37 AM
(09-12-2011 03:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Step right up, folks! Come one, come all. Come see the strange, intoxicating, and completely mind boggling views of a...

THEIST

Now, before we begin, a few ground rules:

*stares at Chas*

1) I am not here to convert you, and you are not here to convert me.

B) I am well aware you don't agree with my beliefs.
5) This is for educational purposes.
Lastly) I will explain things from a theist point of view (Christian - Calvinist).
3) The Bible is a valid authority for my beliefs.
VIIII) Act like a jerk, and you probably won't get answered. I am not obligated to answer you. All I ask is that you keep your civility.

I will do my best to answer your queries as honestly and completely as I know how.

Addendum #screw it) My username does not stem from my religious beliefs.
Addendum #monkey) I believe in evolution.
Addendum #number) I believe in a God-inspired Bible. This does not mean the Bible is 100% literal

Okay, I've been letting a lot slide; however, please observe the ground rules and addendum.

Acting like a jerk now:

I didn't like your groundrules from the second you posted them. And that is why I did not participate at all. Wanna know why, sir?
You open a thread like this in an atheist forum and then you set the rules so that noone can get really critical on things, everyone has to sound curious. If this is educational it has to be allowed to say something critical.

So do you read what you are posting here? (can't say "do you listen to yourself?") What you post here gets more and more ridiculus. In the past you said you used to be an atheist, now you are not anymore. So if you have been an atheist you know exactly well what things sound most riciculus.
When I joined this forum you seemed like a reasonable person just that you are religious.
But the more religion you talk, the more this image vanishes. Sorry to say that, because I do not have the feeling that you are a stupid person. Takes a smart person to rationalize the way you do. But do you see the gaps and inconsitencies in your own argument?
Because those are what started the whole "dog fart discussion".

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
17-02-2012, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 09:03 AM by Malleus.)
Do my eyes deceive me, good sir? By setting these rules are you maybe implying that we actually have the choice to follow them?

According to your theology, we can only speak whatever words god puts in our mouths (so to speak). In that case, your rules do not concern us. You are the one who claims to have a two-way radio communication with god. Tell him about your rules and when suddenly I will stop feeling like poking your ass, maybe your theology will make more sense. As it is, I probably only piss you off to do god's will. Stop opposing it and take it like a man, Christian boy!. (I swear to god that I am naturally a very enjoyable chap. I am personally disgusted at what god is making me tell you. I'm completely innocent. I'm your best pal, but god is being a prick.)

If you do admit that I actually have a choice to be kinder or even more polite towards you, then your theology collapses and there is nothing left for your rules to protect: your sacred cow died, no point enforcing any rules to protect it any more.

Either way, you did it to yourself. Sorry, under the current theology no rules apply. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 3 users Like Malleus's post
17-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I am dissapointed in the lack of manners. So many people are eager to look the gift horse in the mouth.
I get that you don't like KCs theology. Like no shit.
But he came here and was willin to answer questions within the confines of some very simple rules and it took what a page before someone broke them? It hasn't stopped since.
Give the guy a break, he's practically the only theist on our forum because we do literally scare them off. The only other outspoken theist is Egor....
I just don't get it.
If you don't want to participate then why click the link? Is it a compulsion you can't control? If so maybe youre lending more validity to KCs insane theology.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-02-2012, 09:41 AM

(17-02-2012 09:27 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I am disappointed in the lack of manners. So many people are eager to look the gift horse in the mouth.
I get that you don't like KCs theology. Like no shit.
But he came here and was willin to answer questions within the confines of some very simple rules and it took what a page before someone broke them? It hasn't stopped since.
Give the guy a break, he's practically the only theist on our forum because we do literally scare them off. The only other outspoken theist is Egor....
I just don't get it.
If you don't want to participate then why click the link? Is it a compulsion you can't control? If so maybe you're lending more validity to KCs insane theology.

Lucradis,
Chill man. Have you forgotten that KC is "Unoffendable"? :-)
I've not seen the vitriol toward KC that Egor and AbdelZ have deservedly receives.
I have seen folks challenge him "Hitchens Style".
Not everyone can be a Dan Barker, so folks Hitchslap.
He's here for enlightenment and supposedly to reaffirm his faith. Some folks have an atheist A-Ha moment quickly, others need to be ...well....challanged harder.
He came here "UnOffendable" and until he creates a thread where he's now "Offendable" i think there are those here that will continue to challenge him Hitchens style.

Now, i am off to the Grumpy old Men club.....STAY OFF MY LAND! :-)
D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
17-02-2012, 09:50 AM
KC's pretty OK - haven't seen him getting uptight yet. Even when people were aggro towards him he kept his cool... I wanna be there the day he loses it though, that'll be fun to watch Big Grin
17-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I believe you have it backwards. I don't think we scared anybody away. Do you honestly believe that the other theists came here to stay and feel home? Isn't it more likely that they either came to convert, preach, provoke, gather ammo for future preaches about "those godless heathens" or simply sharpen their faith by withstanding our attacks? Most of them left when they failed or when they felt that they fulfilled their purpose here. What would you hope to achieve by going to a christian forum? Would you honestly go there for the fine company?

Now, about the "gift horse". Am I missing something? I have heard this before and I honestly don't get it. I'm not saying that we should ban theists like theists ban us from everywhere they are in power, but why do we *need* theists here?

Again: I am not against having them here, I just don't understand the necessity. Why do we want theists so badly that we need to protect them and their feelings? Why do we need to hold back when we debate them?

It may seem to you that I became aggressive in the heat of the moment. I didn't. I am doing the science here. I want to see how much he really buys his own crap. According to his theology I am not accountable for ANYTHING I do. I don't even have the choice of holding back a fart, god makes me do it. I want to see how far can I push him before he pushes back and calls me a prick, because that's what i am. If he calls me a prick (meaning that my own choices make me a prick), then his theology breaks apart and we can see what he comes up with next.

Why is it wrong for me to do this experiment? Why do you think Kingschosen should be our sacred cow? Many of our lives have been wrecked by nonsense. My own nonsense is not immune from any attacks. I expect anybody to call me out on any belief I hold for no good reason. Why is Kingschosen protected. When we ganged up on Germanyt for his views on circumcision, it got as heated and insulting as it ever got around here. Somehow we sorted it out and we're all still here. Nobody felt the need to protect him. Why is Kingschosen different?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 3 users Like Malleus's post
17-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I never said anyone was offending him.
I'm just disappointed in the general attitude.
I don't get it.
I'm also not flipping off the handle, I'm calmly asking why.
If you think I'm being aggro by doing it what do you think comes across by some of these other posts that can't be seen as kind or patient?
Double standard?
I just don't get it.
You're right to say that Egor has deserved every ounce of aggression he's received because he came here and has been rude since day one. The same attitude doesn't apply here.
I've seen forum members just sort of linger around KC threads and avoid all others simply to chuck out some thinly veiled comment whenever the chance arises much like a schoolyard bully would hang out on the path some kid takes to get home.
Isn't that rude? If you don't agree with someone or don't like someone shouldn't you just avoid them?
What is the goal in this?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post