Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
17-02-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Firstly I am not exactly offering you support KC, no offense buddy I like you and all but you're a big boy and you can handle your own shit.

I'm just confused.

Lillith I would expect civility. No less unless it is deserved. That is what I would expect. The reason has nothing to do worth he length of this thread.
That's silly. The length of this thread is probably twice as long as it would be if all I the snarky or insulting comments were taken out.
So if a conversation runs on a little longer than some people like instead of bowing out gracefully they become more hostile?
I don't get it.

Its the same behavior that most of you here abhore when it comes from the other team. What I'm trying to understand is why it's ok if it's you doing it?

Literally just trying to understand here is all. Some of you
May know that I have an obsession with human sanity. How the mind works. This intrigues me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
17-02-2012, 12:29 PM
(17-02-2012 11:56 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Literally just trying to understand here is all. Some of you
May know that I have an obsession with human sanity. How the mind works. This intrigues me.

That line break? It mindfucks us preciousssss. We doess not understandsss!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
17-02-2012, 12:51 PM
(17-02-2012 11:56 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Literally just trying to understand here is all. Some of you

I couldn't have said it better. I just take it one step further. Call me Steve Irwin, but I like to poke it with a stick.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
17-02-2012, 01:08 PM
lucradis:
You ask why why why is everyone poking him right now and stop being all sweet?
Let me ask you something, why does one member have any different rights from the rest? We are pretty rude from time to time to each other, and never have I heard anyone cry about it. Everyone has taken it like a man (or woman) until now. So, either we have rules that apply everywhere or we don't have rules and are expected to act properly towards each other. And it seemed to have worked until now with the respect where applicable and the rudeness where applicable. Then we have one member that for some reason has a right to put rules in place (even if for only one thread). Sorry? I do not care how well ment or easy to follow these rules are, he is not admin or moderator here. Either his thread is treated like every other discussion thread or it is being trolled at some point, as you see now and here.
He is no step above or below any of us but for some reason we have to pay him more respect? Why? If someone hates what I say it is ok for them to tell me their opinion and I will take it.
Until now everyone was just curious and wanted to know his theology. By now we pretty much all get the point now it is time to question it. Just like when you read the bible and then you started questioning it (maybe even while you were reading it). Just assuming that you did read the bible for the argument.

So to bring this to an end:
I will not treat anyone different from each other just because they are a minority.
I will NOT respect weird views and will keep telling when I do not aggree with them.
I am not more or less rude to KC than to anyone else here, as he himself should know pretty well.

done, have fun

PS: I like the example with the KKK and black church

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
17-02-2012, 01:55 PM
(17-02-2012 01:08 PM)Leela Wrote:  lucradis:
You ask why why why is everyone poking him right now and stop being all sweet?
Let me ask you something, why does one member have any different rights from the rest? We are pretty rude from time to time to each other, and never have I heard anyone cry about it. Everyone has taken it like a man (or woman) until now. So, either we have rules that apply everywhere or we don't have rules and are expected to act properly towards each other. And it seemed to have worked until now with the respect where applicable and the rudeness where applicable. Then we have one member that for some reason has a right to put rules in place (even if for only one thread). Sorry? I do not care how well ment or easy to follow these rules are, he is not admin or moderator here. Either his thread is treated like every other discussion thread or it is being trolled at some point, as you see now and here.
He is no step above or below any of us but for some reason we have to pay him more respect? Why? If someone hates what I say it is ok for them to tell me their opinion and I will take it.
Until now everyone was just curious and wanted to know his theology. By now we pretty much all get the point now it is time to question it. Just like when you read the bible and then you started questioning it (maybe even while you were reading it). Just assuming that you did read the bible for the argument.

So to bring this to an end:
I will not treat anyone different from each other just because they are a minority.
I will NOT respect weird views and will keep telling when I do not aggree with them.
I am not more or less rude to KC than to anyone else here, as he himself should know pretty well.

done, have fun

PS: I like the example with the KKK and black church

Um... the rules weren't about what you can post, they were about what he will reply to.

I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Besides which this is not a church. I'm not here to worship almighty nothing and I dispute that the KKK / church thing applies.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Leela,

You're welcome to your own point of view but I'm not sure you read most of what was written. Even if you had I would like to say that I completely disagree with everything you said. It's a load of malarkey.

This isn't about treating anyone differently at all. It's the opposite.
I don't expect you to treat him differently than everyone else but you are. That's just it leela you think you're treating him he same as everyone else but you sure as shit aren't.

It would be nice if you wouldn't assume something that isn't.
No one is crying about it. Just asking about it.
If you were the person being discussed here I very highly doubt you'd be cool with it. Judging by your seemingly emotional response to something that wasn't even personal tells me you wouldn't.
Let's be realistic.

But I am personally just wondering why it has suddenly become onto treat someone the same way we have all been treated by others in the past? I genuinly want to know. If you'd read my posts carefully you might have seen that.

Anyways this is getting dumb. I'm getting annoyed.
I'm just about done here. Feel free to think what you want.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2012, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 02:36 PM by kingschosen.)
ANYWAY

(16-02-2012 10:30 AM)Reactor Wrote:  How many people in the world do you think that they share exactly the same beliefs about god with you?

I don't know. But, unlike Egor, I don't just make my crap up.

Quote:Are you the only elect in the world right now?

No.

Quote:Do you consider yourself a good man?

In relative terms... yes.

Quote:Whould you agree to go to hell whenever you die for eternity in order to save your children's life? (hypothetical question)

No. While my love for my child is one of the greatest loves I know... it is still finite. Eternity is infinite. I also believe that we will have no remembrance of our earthly lives, so my sacrifice would be moot.
(16-02-2012 09:23 PM)Reactor Wrote:  Do you think that its logical to kill yourself in order to go faster to heaven.(even though we know you can't/won't do it.)

No. I still have earthly responsibilities and love for my family.

Quote:Can miracles be explained with science?

Some can, some can't. Which ones are you asking about?

Quote:Does god "play by the rules" he created? Like gravity. Can he defy them?

No. He is unlimited in His power.

Quote:Are you afraid of death?

No. I don't welcome it, but I'm not afraid of it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-02-2012, 02:49 PM
(07-02-2012 09:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Forgiveness of sin is for the elect, and it's being discussed amongst the elect.
Then:
(06-02-2012 06:20 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 05:08 PM)Ben Wrote:  About the above verse from Mark, why are they even talking about forgiving sins in the next life if God's choice of who comes to heaven isn't based on any of the human's actions?
That's a good question Ben. KC, does forgiveness mean anything in a world where heaven/hell are predetermined?
So:
(07-02-2012 09:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes. Heaven/hell is predetermined based on the forgiveness of sins.

All are subject to predetermination, but all except the forgiven-elect are going to hell.

Forgiveness of sin is not for me - it is predetermined - I am not elect. That is a true statement, according to your rules.
Jesus died for the sins of the elect. That is a true statement, according to your rules.

So, if forgiveness is for the elect ... I have to reiterate; what must forgiveness mean at all, to anyone other than to the elect?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-02-2012, 02:58 PM
(17-02-2012 02:49 PM)kim Wrote:  So, if forgiveness is for the elect ... I have to reiterate; what must forgiveness mean at all, to anyone other than to the elect?

This goes back to my views on atonement; which, I have just learned (this morning, actually) have been redefined.

I believe that atonement for sins (Christ's sacrifice) is sufficient for all but only applied to the elect. This used to be called "unlimited limited atonement"; however, now it's called "limited atonement".

The other views are:

unlimited atonement - Christ's sacrifice is for everyone (what Arminians believe)
[old] limited atonement - Christ's sacrifice was only for the elect (this view is only held by ultra-Calvinist)

In short, the forgiveness is sufficient for the non-elect, but it is not applied to them.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-02-2012, 03:15 PM
(17-02-2012 02:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:Does god "play by the rules" he created? Like gravity. Can he defy them?

No. He is unlimited in His power.
If unlike Egor you don't make your crap up then where did you get the answer to the question I quoted?

{Ok, I haven't been able to read all the pages yet, perhaps you've already answered that, in this case I apologize. I'll (try to) read the thread later.}

Disregard my old posts.