Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
28-02-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
No Tom its a form of respect. To not trounce someone's beliefs just because they aren't your own. Sadly I think I know why you don't see it that way.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-02-2012, 11:35 AM
(28-02-2012 11:28 AM)lucradis Wrote:  No Tom its a form of respect. Do not trounce someone's beliefs just because they aren't your own. Sadly I think I know why you don't see it that way.

Oh C'mon!
The time for respect of religion and the idea of god has passed.

We trounce these beliefs because we know they are FALSE and dangerous, not because I have a personal disagreement with them.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
28-02-2012, 11:43 AM
We also try and respect our fellow forum members which is why I have remained civil.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
28-02-2012, 11:53 AM
(28-02-2012 11:43 AM)lucradis Wrote:  We also try and respect our fellow forum members which is why I have remained civil.

Religion endoses hatred.
Why be civil to that?

28-02-2012, 12:06 PM
You misinterpreted who I was having difficulty remaining civil with.
On a forum you will encounter many different views other than your own.
Even with atheists. Does this give you the permission you require to be a douche to anyone you disagree with? Does it also guarantee your position is the only one that is right?
Are you the only wise one that deserves to be treated with respect? If so I was unaware.

28-02-2012, 12:19 PM
(28-02-2012 12:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You misinterpreted who I was having difficulty remaining civil with.
On a forum you will encounter many different views other than your own.
Even with atheists. Does this give you the permission you require to be a douche to anyone you disagree with? Does it also guarantee your position is the only one that is right?
Are you the only wise one that deserves to be treated with respect? If so I was unaware.

My position is not my own but what The Scientific Method has indicated and confirmed to be true.
My/our Atheist position is currently the only one that IS right.
I am only looking to end religion. My position has been clear and consistent.
You seem to prefer to keep the religion/god meme afloat by further discussion.

Sorry we disagree there and you are so sensitive about an aggressive stance.

28-02-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not sensitive about an aggressive stance but shitty behavior. There is aggressive and then there is harrasssment. There's being aggressive and then there's being a douche. It's important to make the distinction.
You may be incapable in which case who's the one who is closed minded?

[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
28-02-2012, 12:46 PM
(28-02-2012 11:53 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(28-02-2012 11:43 AM)lucradis Wrote:  We also try and respect our fellow forum members which is why I have remained civil.

Religion endoses hatred.
Why be civil to that?

Because Humanism endorses Humanity. That's why.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
28-02-2012, 01:12 PM
(28-02-2012 12:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because Humanism endorses Humanity. That's why.

Of course.

However religion is not a human. It is an idea that traps and stunts humans and deserves scorn.

Kill religion and save a human.

28-02-2012, 01:22 PM
You might want to get your crosshairs looked at dude. You keep hitting the religious and missing the religion altogether.

[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post