Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(11-03-2012 06:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Eric:

For Paul - Romans 9, Eph 1, 2 Thess 2, etc

For Jesus - Matt 24:22-24 (just one example)
22 Unless those days had been cut short, no [j]life would have been saved; but for the sake of the [k]elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the [l]Christ,’ or ‘[m]There He is,’ do not believe him. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will [n]show great [o]signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the [p]elect.

I didn't say that those characters don't have the words of predestination in their supposed mouths. I am saying it's ridiculous to call them Reformed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
(11-03-2012 06:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  For Paul - Romans 9, Eph 1, 2 Thess 2, etc

For Jesus - Matt 24:22-24 (just one example)

Hmmm. KC, how do you know the bible was written by god and that any of that is valid?
At best it is hearsay.
Please stop over here and see part two.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
TT, please refer to Ground Rules #1, #B, and #3.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
KC. Please refer to #5.

11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
[Image: 35jw4qqjpg.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
11-03-2012, 07:16 PM

I can't point the guy to a video without getting flamed by you?

11-03-2012, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 07:24 PM by kingschosen.)
(11-03-2012 06:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I didn't say that those characters don't have the words of predestination in their supposed mouths. I am saying it's ridiculous to call them Reformed.

Well, based on semantics, I guess you're right. But, the reformed belief is the belief that the elect are chosen for salvation, so while they can't be until the title of "reformed" the belief arises from their teachings.
TT, telling me the Bible is false and pointing towards a video/thread that is contradictory to what I believe isn't for "educational purposes". It's in clear violation of the GRs I tried to set to preserve order; moreover, your attempts are becoming trite.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I wasn't flaming you.

It's a general sentiment. If my issue was with you in particular you should know I would say so.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
(11-03-2012 07:40 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wasn't flaming you.

It's a general sentiment. If my issue was with you in particular you should know I would say so.

Glad to hear it. Thank you.
I'm bad at understanding innuendo.
Also maybe I am over sensitive to you after your (in my opinion unjustified) reputation action towards me. (serious)

'er maybe it is the evil eye of your avatar (Big Grin)
Kinda like the Mom stare when I was a kid. Forget about the fear of god, when Mom gave you "the look"....

I'm over it. Smile Moving on OK?.

11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
(11-03-2012 07:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  TT, telling me the Bible is false and pointing towards a video/thread that is contradictory to what I believe isn't for "educational purposes".

So, to be clear then, this thread is meant for YOU to do all the "educating" on YOUR version of belief. Specifically Calvinism.

Any attempts to point out flaws or "educate" you towards another view is "trite" and is off limits according to the rules YOU have set....on The Thinking Atheist.