Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
28-03-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Just trying to push this thread to 100 pages aren't you Kingsy?
Sneaky theist. First he takes our rep points, then our thread count.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 09:59 AM
(28-03-2012 09:55 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Just trying to push this thread to 100 pages aren't you Kingsy?
Just answerin' questions Smile

I swear.

And, I gave you all the rep points I could... unlike someone else to me Consider

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Do you think its fair I should go to hell just because I don't believe in God, regardless of how I lived my life? And come on, if he is real, he sure is making it pretty hard to believe. What about the poor old hindu kid in India who has never heard of God?? I thought God is supposed to be loving, apparently not.

By the way, thank you for being an open minded, thoughtful Christian.
28-03-2012, 10:05 AM
(28-03-2012 09:59 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Do you think its fair I should go to hell just because I don't believe in God, regardless of how I lived my life?

No, I don't. But, that's not my decision nor the parameters for salvation. Also, my morality is different from God. God is morally autonomous.

Quote:And come on, if he is real, he sure is making it pretty hard to believe. What about the poor old hindu kid in India who has never heard of God?? I thought God is supposed to be loving, apparently not.

God is not omnibenevolent. He is sovereign. He chooses to save or damn, and we have no say-so. As for the "why"... well, I can't answer why God chooses to save some and damn others specifically; however, the reason for it is so that Christ's purpose could be fulfilled. If there was no sin, Christ would be pointless; likewise, if there was no damnation, Christ would be pointless.

Quote:By the way, thank you for being an open minded, thoughtful Christian.

Of course. Smile

28-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Shouldn't the title of the thread be 'Ask a Christian', as that's your religion, and you dont accept the others? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
28-03-2012, 10:17 AM
(28-03-2012 10:16 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Shouldn't the title of the thread be 'Ask a Christian', as that's your religion, and you dont accept the others? Wink
Ha, I know. This has been brought up before, but the thread is too long standing to change the title now.

28-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I've another question for you.

What makes you active on TTA forums, and not somewhere else? I mean, most people on TTA forums are atheists, naturally enough, so why do you like being around so many people that reject your beliefs? Would you not prefer to be on Christian forums where you can talk to people that share your beliefs? It's the reason why I'm here. I like talking with people that have the same mind set. Although, it is good to have someone who doesn't agree with me, as long as they are open minded about things.

Just curious.
28-03-2012, 01:31 PM
(28-03-2012 01:26 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I've another question for you.

What makes you active on TTA forums, and not somewhere else? I mean, most people on TTA forums are atheists, naturally enough, so why do you like being around so many people that reject your beliefs? Would you not prefer to be on Christian forums where you can talk to people that share your beliefs? It's the reason why I'm here. I like talking with people that have the same mind set. Although, it is good to have someone who doesn't agree with me, as long as they are open minded about things.

Just curious.

I like learning about different point of views. I also like knowledge and others perceptions. I understand that my perception of things can be vastly different than someone who hold opposing views. I believe this helps me develop greater empathy and understanding towards others.

As far the the forum thing... well... this community is great. Christian forums are terrible. WCF is a fine example of why I don't want to be on a Christian forum.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-03-2012, 11:21 AM
(28-03-2012 09:55 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Just trying to push this thread to 100 pages aren't you Kingsy?
Guy's such an attention whore. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 05:02 PM
(28-03-2012 10:16 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Shouldn't the title of the thread be 'Ask a Christian', as that's your religion, and you dont accept the others? Wink

I like "I Pity the Fool" better. Wink

#sigh