Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
17-12-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(17-12-2012 12:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If I was omnipotent and omniscient, then I would be entitled to it.

That's not what I asked. Your answer doesn't even begin to answer my question. I'm going to consider this an evasion.

Is there even such a thing as self-entitlement? Omnipotence may empower you to do this, how does it entitle you?

Also, you're not (as far as I can tell). Tongue

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 06:57 PM
(17-12-2012 06:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 12:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If I was omnipotent and omniscient, then I would be entitled to it.

That's not what I asked. Your answer doesn't even begin to answer my question. I'm going to consider this an evasion.

Is there even such a thing as self-entitlement? Omnipotence may empower you to do this, how does it entitle you?

No evasion.

Just didn't think you wanted a detailed answer. The androids that I programmed to not praise me (non-elect) would, of course, think ill of me and not understand because they weren't programmed with it.

Also, if I was truly the three omni's then I wouldn't have an opinion of myself. I would be the end-all, be-all. That would be fact. It would be it. The fact that I programmed people to worship[ doesn't affect my self esteem... as there isn't self esteem to affect. It's all simple fact.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-12-2012, 07:09 PM
(17-12-2012 06:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  That's not what I asked. Your answer doesn't even begin to answer my question. I'm going to consider this an evasion.

No evasion.

Just didn't think you wanted a detailed answer. The androids that I programmed to not praise me (non-elect) would, of course, think ill of me and not understand because they weren't programmed with it.

Also, if I was truly the three omni's then I wouldn't have an opinion of myself. I would be the end-all, be-all. That would be fact. It would be it. The fact that I programmed people to worship[ doesn't affect my self esteem... as there isn't self esteem to affect. It's all simple fact.
Partial evasion. My original question was, if you did this. Not if a triple-omni double-plus good being did this.

17-12-2012, 07:20 PM
(17-12-2012 07:09 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No evasion.

Partial evasion. My original question was, if you did this. Not if a triple-omni double-plus good being did this.
How am I (as I am now) relevant to the analogy if I don't have the attributes of God?

That's apples and oranges, dude.

17-12-2012, 08:07 PM
You're apples and oranges. Dude. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-12-2012, 08:11 PM
(17-12-2012 08:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're apples and oranges. Dude. Tongue

You make a resounding argument. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-12-2012, 06:55 PM
(17-12-2012 07:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 07:09 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Partial evasion. My original question was, if you did this. Not if a triple-omni double-plus good being did this.
How am I (as I am now) relevant to the analogy if I don't have the attributes of God?

That's not the point. The question was designed to elicit an answer that would help you understand how this god concept seems to an outsider. I suppose it was designed to illustrate how ridiculous the whole idea of his creating us just to worship him sounds to me. But, it seems you're having none of that, eh? I just thought you might like to know how I perceive some things.

18-12-2012, 10:47 PM
(18-12-2012 06:55 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 07:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How am I (as I am now) relevant to the analogy if I don't have the attributes of God?

That's not the point. The question was designed to elicit an answer that would help you understand how this god concept seems to an outsider. I suppose it was designed to illustrate how ridiculous the whole idea of his creating us just to worship him sounds to me. But, it seems you're having none of that, eh? I just thought you might like to know how I perceive some things.
I missed the point of your question. Sorry, sometimes I'm too literal.

But, I see what you're saying, now. And yes, lol, I have been made aware on many occasions how insane I sound.

Smile

18-12-2012, 10:48 PM
(17-12-2012 08:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're apples and oranges. Dude. Tongue
Did you just call me a fruit?

18-12-2012, 10:51 PM
(18-12-2012 10:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 06:55 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  That's not the point. The question was designed to elicit an answer that would help you understand how this god concept seems to an outsider. I suppose it was designed to illustrate how ridiculous the whole idea of his creating us just to worship him sounds to me. But, it seems you're having none of that, eh? I just thought you might like to know how I perceive some things.
I missed the point of your question. Sorry, sometimes I'm too literal.

But, I see what you're saying, now. And yes, lol, I have been made aware on many occasions how insane I sound.

Smile

Who would be so rude as to do that? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another convo with a theist =jesse= 6 140 25-06-2014 09:50 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Using theist arguments to 'prove' God does not exist Mathilda 30 582 01-06-2014 03:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Dating a Theist, easier for a guy or a girl? Raptor Jesus 31 391 28-05-2014 10:23 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  What kind of atheist converts to a theist? RedJamaX 88 2,401 13-05-2014 09:14 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  I Need Relationship Advice - An Atheist together with a Theist Aristotle 15 357 31-03-2014 07:49 AM
Last Post: mknight
  Challenge any theist to a debate donotwant 30 529 14-03-2014 09:30 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Just converted a theist donotwant 6 193 09-03-2014 09:32 PM
Last Post: donotwant