Ask a Young Earth Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
(06-05-2011 03:04 AM)No J. Wrote:  Christians can demonstrate that they are Christians
In Mark 16:17-18, Jesus is very clear about what True Christians will be able to do to demonstrate their belief:
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Until I see christians doing everything listed above, including drinking deadly poison and not be hurt at all, in such a way that I know that they are not faking it, I will not believe that they truly believe the bible. So that means I will not take anything they say as fact without verifiable evidence and proof. So far the only one I have seen is picking up snakes with their hands, but then I have seen people of other religions and also atheists do the that too.
Here is an explanation of why we don't do these things:

http://www.christiandoctrinediscussion.c...dling.html

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
If God is capable of anything and answers prayer, why have we never seen an amputee have a missing limb restored? Has there never been a "worthy of Gods mercies" amputee?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes gamsman's post
06-05-2011, 12:54 PM
(06-05-2011 10:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Here is an explanation of why we don't do these things:

So, according to that thread the bible isn't clear on some parts OR christians are are supposed to ignore some of its prescriptions?

That's really strange when you consider the fact that the bible is supposedly perfect and is the cornerstone on which christians should base their actions...
If it isn't, then whe should be hesitant to believe anything it states, right?

Remember: cherry picking makes you a hypocrite. (according to Dante, they go to the eighth circle of hell) Wink

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
07-05-2011, 05:09 PM
(06-05-2011 10:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Here is an explanation of why we don't do these things:

In other words, since you can't do it you will come up with a bullshit excuse to prevent yourself from facing the fact that this statement is false and the bible is infact full of falsehoods. It also means that you don't have to prove anything you say, but you demand that we do, and then you refuse to accept our proof and evidence. How convenient.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Anyone notice Ron's new signature? Apparently he loves us to much he's willing to risk being caught breaking the ban on coming here.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
08-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Spectre and Ron were both visiting the site daily up until 3 days ago (May 5th). I guess their "leader" finally cracked the whip?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 08:40 AM by ashley.hunt60.)
(07-05-2011 10:51 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  Anyone notice Ron's new signature? Apparently he loves us to much he's willing to risk being caught breaking the ban on coming here.

How cute. He was just here two days ago. As is, I sadly can no longer use my account to view their fine forum as they banned me. I hope he enjoys his new sig. Changing his sig to smear atheists on an atheist site. That's called freedom of speech Ron, try it on your site sometime(if he happens to read this).

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
09-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I've just seen that I got banned too but I can still laugh at their forum. They opened a thread of basically the same topic as the one that was closed because of us.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
I think it just shows weakness on their part Smile

Still the forum is entertaining. Did they change your user titles to 'troll' etc? How much editing did they do?
24-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey guys. I've been thinking about ya'll so I thought I'd come back to your forum for a bit. I won't forget how civil you were to me during my tenure here. I'm sorry that I've been unable to keep up with all the questions. Debating on a forum where you are the minority can be quite exhausting! I've had some view changes since my last visit here and I will be sharing them with you all in a few days, for whoever is curious.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
[+] 1 user Likes Spectre's post