Ask a Young Earth Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2011, 05:41 PM
RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
Just a tad late here... Welcome back Spectre (or welcome in my case)! It takes a lot of balls to come back here and admit that you're wrong and researched and changed your beliefs and joy for all! That was a rambling sentence. Anyhow, I strongly reccomend you to keep researching and inquiring. I'll give some food for thought here:

I refuse to prove that I exist,” says God, “for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing. – Douglas Adams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2011, 07:36 PM
(25-11-2011 05:07 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully look at your own beliefs and question them, and I'm even more impressed that you were willing to give them up when you found them to be wrong. Glad we could help, it's always good to hear a success story of getting people to actually question their beliefs.

I'm curious though, how are Ron and everyone else at the fairy tale website reacting? Or have you not told them?
I haven't told them. I'm probably going to end up resigning as a moderator there and just post as a regular member. I changed my tag to "Creationist" since I'm indifferent between creationism and evolution. I'm still doing more research on it. I recognize that both models currently have their own issues so for now I am withholding judgement. I've seen how the universe is old through physics, I guess I'm going to try to learn more about biology before I decide on where I stand. It probably won't be too big of a deal because I don't like to "draw my sword" against other Christians unless I have had to.(I've already had several young earth creationists on facebook force me to do so, even the infamous Chad Elliott...)

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Spectre's post
26-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Yeah well I guess were going to have to start an "Ask an Old Earth Creationist" thread. Wink
26-11-2011, 10:21 AM
(26-11-2011 03:50 AM)KnuckleTurtle Wrote:  Yeah well I guess were going to have to start an "Ask an Old Earth Creationist" thread. Wink
Maybe except I'm not even sure that I'm an old Creationist.There are so many ways that I can interpret what The Bible says now that it has come to the point where I believe that there is no way I can make a good case for a particular way that God created everything, so I think I'm going to leave the investigation of origins up to scientists that have legitimate degrees.

I updated my title to reflect my pursuit of Truth. Tongue

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

26-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey at least you are thinking about it, tons of people including atheists make the assumption that they no longer have to think about their stance. That it's set in stone. For Christians that makes sense as the bible is supposed to be the word of god so what else could you possibly require, but it makes me sad when atheists do it too. Especially when those atheists hold science in high regard. The whole principle that science is founded on is asking questions. Never to think in finalities. There is no concrete. Everything is fluid to change based upon new evidence found by continuing research.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
26-11-2011, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2011 10:42 AM by Spectre.)
(26-11-2011 10:26 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey at least you are thinking about it, tons of people including atheists make the assumption that they no longer have to think about their stance. That it's set in stone. For Christians that makes sense as the bible is supposed to be the word of god so what else could you possibly require, but it makes me sad when atheists do it too. Especially when those atheists hold science in high regard. The whole principle that science is founded on is asking questions. Never to think in finalities. There is no concrete. Everything is fluid to change based upon new evidence found by continuing research.
THANK YOU! When I debate some atheists they try and tell me that the scientific method is the way to find truth about everything, but anyone who has even a basic understanding of science knows that all science does is investigate the natural world around us. I'm glad to have found another atheist that understands that.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...9963307286

Above is a debate I was in on facebook where the atheist at one point was trying to push the scientific method for finding truth. I posted several links to secular university sites that give a good explanation as to what science is, but by the end of the debate it is obvious that he hadn't read them. I'm Jason and the other guy who I am debating's name is Lee. I don't mind showing who I am here because I do it in these debates on facebook all the time.

There were some semantic issues with the word "proof" in our debate and I am afraid that it never got cleared up. My original argument was that there are philosophical arguments for a god that are derived from data in science, and then I named those 3 arguments. He appeared to be familiar with them since he said they had been refuted many times, so I just asked him to tell me what's wrong with those arguments and then I asked him what reasons he had to be an atheist. He never would answer my question or tell me what he saw was wrong with those arguments. I was trying to have a discussion with him but this one obviously wasn't interested.

26-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Nah, man. Identity is dual-state. This means "universe" can be divided into two components - universe within, universe without.

"I" obviously identifies the universe within. If I were certain of Young Earth Creationism, reality would yield. That is all.

It continues to fail because its proponents are lying to themselves, and they know it.

How much of the universe do you require yourself to identify with? Do you exist to verify the hypothesis of another, or does reality exist to verify the hypothesis of you? The critical fault of YEC is proposing to speak for YHWH, even as individual adherents insist the will of YHWH cannot be known. Lie, lie, lie!

Which is what? Algebra.

Let us start over. To say, "I am right," is to express moral certainty. When I say, "YHWH is the number 4," my identity is expressed with moral certainty. As a human being, I have one conception space to serve as a virtual laboratory, one morality to serve as a control; and yet through naive philosophy I have derived an hypothesis that explains all and excludes none.

What you do is take this data and test it in your laboratory, give it to the YEC and let them test in theirs. Information is without morality; all that exists is truth, all we do is build a more complete truth together.

Or fall apart into sections of lie.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-11-2011, 11:14 PM
^In my discussions with a few young earth creationists on facebook I was flabbergasted at how rude they were, and moreso at how arrogant they were. You are exactly right. They say that they know exactly what God is saying in The Bible, yet they also claim that his will can't be known. It's just a big non sequitur.

[+] 5 users Like Spectre's post
27-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Wink RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
Let's see what this thread is. I think I recall it from a few months ago. Yep.
Hmm, wow.

*falls out of chair*
27-11-2011, 12:41 PM
(27-11-2011 03:21 AM)Atheist Wrote:  Let's see what this thread is. I think I recall it from a few months ago. Yep.
Hmm, wow.

*falls out of chair*
I hope that that you enjoyed it. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Spectre's post