Ask a Young Earth Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 01:58 PM

RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
Dunno guys, this SPECTRE fellow is interesting. Not sure i believe this whole rouge.

Kinda like Tool posting that their lead singer (Maynard) got born again. When it was a funny (to some) April Fools Joke.

Maybe i am Over-Skeptical. I just don't buy it. Sorry. I did find the whole ride quite fun though.

I like the other Christian mook who would come in and when pressed on a question answer with silliness and a smiley face!

What Spectre and any other Christian in the past or new to this form MUST understand is that the vast majority of us were Born Again Believers. Its not like we've been bad seeds...the 'Scott Farkus's" of the world that are around to be bullies and against the grain just for grins and giggles. I too was a YEC, Bible thumping door knocking Fundie scoffing at anything Darwinlike. We have been to OZ we have seen the curtain pulled back. Many of us have had a hard long road to get where we are at....loosing friends and loved ones along the way. In some cases loosing Jesus/holy ghost and the gman is like loosing an old friend. But when you arrive at the foot of reason, you know its simply been an imaginary friend all along...just one you forgot to shed when you were 9 years old. SO dont just sit back and think that we are simply out to mock Christians and be a bully...to the contrary, the TRUTH we were told that was Truthful turned out to be a lie.. which caused MANY of us to reeducate ourselves with everything we can find (not just one sided books like most Xtians do). We devour everything. I have a pal that works at THE largest Xtian broadcast organization. He saw a copy of the revised Origin of Species (they get stuff from everywhere and everyone)...he went to pick it up and his supervisor STRONGLY implied that he should not read the book and to put it down. This type of protectionism is tragic and heartbreaking...but at the CORE of the bible we know that KNOWLEDGE is Evil, it is the devil. Its the start of the fall, its constantly discouraged. The book encourages folks to be sheeple. Its just that simple. If this Spectre fellow is sincere, then i applaud his honesty and quest for knowledge. But something tells me its just some elaborate joke by some trixter teen Christians.

D

(02-05-2011 01:25 PM)Spectre Wrote:  But one asks "Why don't we hear about breakthroughs in Creation research? They don't do research, they just watch what evolutionists research." Well, there is one thing that needs to be considered. Creation scientists do not have the government funding that a lot of secular scientists get to have. This does place a limit, as research is very expensive. The RATE Committee's research cost ICR around the ball park of one million dollars. The only reason why they were able to do this research was due to donations. So that is why you don't see quite as much research going on from the Creationist side, other than the fact that there are less Creation scientists out there than secular scientists.

This EARLY post of Spectre's reeks of that Victim Mentality Christians seem to suffer from. The group of folks that have the majority of beliefs in the states, but play this victim card like they are kicked to the curb, downtrodden and rediculed......kinda like it says they would in the bible. Its self fulfilling. MOST of the government elected officials claim to know YOUR god. They control the funding for such stuff. As a matter of fact i think there are only 3 or 4 openly Non Religious/Atheist out there. Hell, we even got whacko Nancy Pelosi pushing for federal dollars to put 10 commandments in schools and public building. This is a Faux argument that stinks of how they were told they would be prosecuted in Christs name. I call Bullshit on this. JC has got more pals in the Beltway than Muhammad, Xenu and Joseph Smith!

What other group has a Tax Exemption like the Church?? If they'd make those poor churches pay their share in tax dollars, we'd be on our way to a stronger economic recovery.

Sorry, i reread this early posts and had to call BS!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
30-11-2011, 05:23 PM
^I'd like to say something about that post. I know now that the reason why creationists don't get as much funding is simply because creationism has no use at all in science. And another thing too, I spent time with a "famous" or "infamous" creationist several months ago. We went to Chik Fil A, and people were literally handing him money. Oh well, at least he paid for my food. But to be honest, the time I spent with him is one of the things that made me really start taking a second look at young earth creationism.

Perhaps I'll make a detailed thread about the story. I'll think about it.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Spectre's post
30-11-2011, 08:23 PM
(30-11-2011 01:58 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Sorry, i reread this early posts and had to call BS!

i'm seeing no "malice aforethought," meaning a reduction in proscription from felony bs to misdemeanor dogmatism. Wink

Here's a couple of dogs for ya (that have caused contention between philosophers and Johnny Cantor in the past): Evolution and Godel's Incompleteness. Both of those things have a clearly defined philosophical application - I accept the theory, I accept the theorem - However, Big Grin, I have faith in both, that they mean more than they say.

In this manner, ladies and gentlemen of the jury; the defendant did not foister BS, he merely "accepted the theory of creationism." as taught. Kant expect everybody to be as crazy as Johnny Cantor. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote: I know now that the reason why creationists don't get as much funding is simply because creationism has no use at all in science.

brilliant! i think we may be making progress. most of your points have been addressed very well, but i wanted to cover the thing you said about a lack of funding for young earthers. that is bullshit and i will tell you why.

look around at this fucking country... megachurches in every city, billions upon billions in donations and NO TAXES!... why do you think all those rich christians are not giving their money to YEC "scientists"? ....because even about 80% of christians do not buy into all of the YEC nonsense. even pretty hardcore fundamentalist people have a hard time accepting the kind of whoesale nonsense that places like answers in genesis promote.... and nobody wants to be laughed at.

if there is one thing christians are good at its getting money together for a cause. if YEC were not such a joke, they would be FUNDING THE FUCK out of it! imagine what's at stake! do you really think that they would pass up a chance to prove their god to world? of course not.

the fact is, they have NOTHING TO RESEARCH! they think they already have all the answers, so why bother with science?

and that my friend is why YEC and actual science are such polar opposites. YEC starts with the answers: the bible. they say it is infallible and always right... which makes doing science to find answers pretty irrelevant, as the answers were all provided by the lord jebus.

even for the very religious (in politics or otherwise) throwing their money away by funding reasearch that is carried out by folks who claim to already know the answer does not make much sense.

the only bias against YEC is reality. and reality can be a real bitch.
[+] 2 users Like paulesungnomo's post
01-12-2011, 09:12 AM

(30-11-2011 09:31 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  
Quote: I know now that the reason why creationists don't get as much funding is simply because creationism has no use at all in science.

brilliant! i think we may be making progress. most of your points have been addressed very well, but i wanted to cover the thing you said about a lack of funding for young earthers. that is bullshit and i will tell you why.

look around at this fucking country... megachurches in every city, billions upon billions in donations and NO TAXES!... why do you think all those rich christians are not giving their money to YEC "scientists"? ....because even about 80% of christians do not buy into all of the YEC nonsense. even pretty hardcore fundamentalist people have a hard time accepting the kind of whoesale nonsense that places like answers in genesis promote.... and nobody wants to be laughed at.

if there is one thing christians are good at its getting money together for a cause. if YEC were not such a joke, they would be FUNDING THE FUCK out of it! imagine what's at stake! do you really think that they would pass up a chance to prove their god to world? of course not.

the fact is, they have NOTHING TO RESEARCH! they think they already have all the answers, so why bother with science?

and that my friend is why YEC and actual science are such polar opposites. YEC starts with the answers: the bible. they say it is infallible and always right... which makes doing science to find answers pretty irrelevant, as the answers were all provided by the lord jebus.

even for the very religious (in politics or otherwise) throwing their money away by funding reasearch that is carried out by folks who claim to already know the answer does not make much sense.

the only bias against YEC is reality. and reality can be a real bitch.

Ditto and EXACTLY my point! There is billions of dollar available to YEC. But its simply NOT science. There is NOTHING scientific in Genisis! NADA! But sadly there is a large part of the US population that buys it becuse they were raised to think Darwin taught we came from Chimps! So YEC wins by ignorant default.

Spectre may be sincere....i am just waiting for the candid cameras to come out. Sorry, just too skeptical for my own good. If he's for real, then i applaud him for DOING the research. Its not about (and never is) about deconverting a single soul (for me) its simply about TRUTH. Too many of my YEC pals wanna debate to WIN to debate to find the truth............which is why i am jaded about this stuff.

@Spectre if you are sincere..then i'd encourage you to NOT stop on your quest for knowledge no matter where it takes you.

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
01-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi Spectre - good on you!
It's encouraging to know that people are able to be strong and stand their ground to keep the door open to knowledge.

Your study of biology will take you to exciting new areas of study - so much new info! (She said enviously; :blushSmile Science is a constant gathering of knowledge that not only must be weighed on it's own merit, but then must be also measured to previously gathered information. Everything is continuously tweaked and revised... much the way each cell in your body is replaced with a freshly scrubbed duplicate, every now and then. (Different cell types have different longevities.)

It's great to know people can keep their minds open to new and ever changing, acquired knowledge and experience. Thinking for yourself can be pretty difficult... especially with people tugging at you from every angle trying to tell you what to think. So, be prepared to go your own way... you've done great, thus far!! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user