Ask a Young Earth Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2011, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 02:03 AM by Tim_Kiebooms.)
RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
(03-05-2011 07:01 PM)Ron Wrote:  Therefore I must have been correct, honest discourse cannot be had, and spurious accusations and sarcasm is allthat can be found I suppose.

I Like how you constantly quote a small part of everyone's post, draw a conclusion out of it, generalize it for every atheist and post something like "I knew you guys were like that" or "I knew all you guys are just trolls" and this stunning example above. Seriously keep doing that! It's the best way of having a decent conversation without a doubt. It doesn't seem arrogant at all.

To Spectre: Hope to see you back soon!

EDIT: I received this PM from Spectre:
Quote:Hey.
To: Tim_Kiebooms
Just wanted to tell you why I am having to suddenly leave. The admins of the forum I came from think that it is best that we just go back to our forum and leave you guys alone. Since they are the admins, I will support their decision even though I enjoyed the discussions I had with you guys. Feel free to pass this on to everyone else if you wish.
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

It's a sad thing he had to go Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tim_Kiebooms's post
04-05-2011, 02:23 AM
(04-05-2011 12:53 AM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  EDIT: I received this PM from Spectre:
Quote:Hey.
To: Tim_Kiebooms
Just wanted to tell you why I am having to suddenly leave. The admins of the forum I came from think that it is best that we just go back to our forum and leave you guys alone. Since they are the admins, I will support their decision even though I enjoyed the discussions I had with you guys. Feel free to pass this on to everyone else if you wish.
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15
UN-BE-FUCKING-LIEVABLE!!!

When starting this discussion I was ready to accept that there might be something I've missed about YEC evidence that could make a difference!

They are not even trying to bring evidence up or to engege into a serious dicussion

Well, that settles it for me!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
04-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Although I did not participate in the discussion as much as I would have liked I enjoyed reading through the entire thread. I thought it was very admirable that Spectre came here and opened up the discussion in a very civil manner. What I find disturbing is the forum that he came from asked him to stop and he followed that request.

The religious are the only bunch that I have heard ask their followers to not go and speak to those with different beliefs. You never hear an atheist make that request. Oh well.
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
04-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Spectre will be allright...
If he keeps looking for the truth and try and be reasonable and objective like he was on this forum we all know where he will eventually come out. I hope he 'll get into that physics class...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
04-05-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm sure he will. Still saddens me that they would make that request though.
04-05-2011, 04:03 AM
(04-05-2011 03:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  I'm sure he will. Still saddens me that they would make that request though.
It could as well be that this type of reaction makes him think...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
04-05-2011, 04:17 AM
WHAT?! The admins on some OTHER forum have banned him from coming here?!? WTF? So that is how they do it, they don't even allow people to talk? Seriously, this is awful. I don't even have words to describe this BS! Yeah, real free thinking, freedom of speech, freedom, and all that non-important stuff...

Join the church, they will tell you what forums you may or may not enter.

Good job!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011 06:00 AM by DeepThought.)
(04-05-2011 04:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  WHAT?! The admins on some OTHER forum have banned him from coming here?!? WTF? So that is how they do it, they don't even allow people to talk? Seriously, this is awful. I don't even have words to describe this BS! Yeah, real free thinking, freedom of speech, freedom, and all that non-important stuff...

Join the church, they will tell you what forums you may or may not enter.

Good job!

Yeah, This sort of manipulation is common tactics used in cults. Restricting access to information. Make sure everything comes from a "godly" source. Music, radio stations, etc. etc..

I repeatedly heard in church pastors declaring that certain music, certain tv programs are 'ungodly' and you should not watch those things or let your children see them.
You frequently hear about Christian leaders speaking out against fantasy movies like Harry Potter etc.. That is all about installing a fear based mindset in people, creating and illusion of war with invisible light and dark forces in the world fighting to steal your soul. Ever wonder why so many Christians think atheists literally worship the devil?

Establishing the bible as the inerrant truth is the core belief that is installed. You can use whats in the bible to denounce everything else as evil and satanic. It gives the church leaders a decent amount of control.

I experienced this kind of indoctrination first hand with my mum. Thankfully I was brought up most of my life as secular so when she started trying to restrict information flow it didn't sit right with me. I kept asking questions even though she got frustrated by it.

She's probably at home now listening to her Christian radio station. It's funny that now she opposes homosexuality. She used be against discrimination.

She also changed her political views. She now has far right political views. She used to sit more in the middle ground. Australia has a 2 party system. They generally aren't too extreme either way. I think America has a far right and more centered right..

Religion and Cults - A core component is controlling information. Thats why there is so much Christian propaganda out there. Thunderf00t got it right though - The Internet is where religions come to die, free and open access to information wins every time.
04-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I knew that, but this is still incredible. I mean, the guy comes here, listens to us, explains his views to us, does everything like a normal and calm person, and we accept him and talk to him. No harm done to his beliefs, and he really tries to have a normal conversation with normal people. And now he is banned from this forum? For talking? What church is he attending, Hitlers or Osamas? And I'm curious, how did some admin know he is on this forum, did they track him down, or did he tell them? This incident is so bizarre, I just can't get over it. It's like he can not do what he wants in his house. And like they own his right on the Internet, just because he is a member on some religious forum. Who are these people? Admins or religious police? It will take some time for me to adjust to this bizarrness...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Stupid censorship. The guy was actually engaging in conversation and they censor him. That's total crap. I hope he'll be alright.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin