Ask a Young Earth Creationist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2011, 07:35 AM
RE: Ask a Young Earth Creationist
After peeling my hand from my face after that epic facepalm, I have to ask, because I've noticed I'm at least not yet banned over there, will we still be over there, discussing on their grounds? Maybe the admins just wanted the homefield advantage.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 07:42 AM
If they (evil admins) don't ban you, who in this world can forbid you to go on whatever forum you like? God?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
True. Somehow I seriously doubt that Deep Thought or Stark Raving would tell me what websites to go to and which to avoid. Although at this point they might not be happy with me dragging a bunch of YECs here or repeatedly pissing them off by "trolling", A.K.A. disagreeing with them in a civil manner.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
"I say let them come!!"

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Ashley, I've had enough of these shenanigans. I want you off that YEC forum RIGHT NOW.

.........otherwise you're grounded young lady.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-05-2011, 08:00 AM
(04-05-2011 07:58 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ashley, I've had enough of these shenanigans. I want you off that YEC forum RIGHT NOW.

.........otherwise you're grounded young lady.

I lol'd Tongue

04-05-2011, 08:18 AM
HEY!!!!!

RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-05-2011, 08:45 AM

That's disappointing, seems like Ron just wanted to come over here long enough to claim that we're somehow impossible to hold a rational debate with. If he isn't comfortable having a conversation where he can't censor people arbitrarily because they make a valid point, then he isn't worth talking to.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
(04-05-2011 06:20 AM)Filox Wrote:  And I'm curious, how did some admin know he is on this forum, did they track him down, or did he tell them?

All of them are moderators from their forum. Spectre was only recently appointed moderator from what I understand though, so it makes sense that he's taking this route to avoid breaking the trust that they've put in him (and I believe Ron is one of the "higher ups" on the forum).

I do hope he returns though, and maybe realizes exactly what kind of "intelligent discussion" they're looking for. While I went on a tangent railing on ikeaster and Ron's arguments, I didn't get to have the discussion with Spectre that I had hoped for, the YEC position is interesting.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Also i've seen Ron at the recently active list. According to what his status said he viewed multiple of our topics, probably looking for a quote he can pull out of it's context, post it in his own forum, tell his pals how stupid we are and eventually laugh with how stupid atheists are. Or he's just curious, that is also a possibility.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user