• 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: Ask a mortician
If I get a natural burial am I allowed to have an apple tree for a headstone
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 01:30 AM
(30-11-2013 01:27 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  If I get a natural burial am I allowed to have an apple tree for a headstone

Depends on the cemetery. Some will allow you to do just about anything. Others have very strict rules.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 01:34 AM
(30-11-2013 01:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have been thinking about making a casket for my mother when she dies. The one we used for my grandmother was made by a friend and we just dropped it off at the funeral home....they accepted it no questions asked. Its not hard to make a simple but elegant casket and you can buy all the hardware/handles off ebay.

Yes, they're not hard to make for anyone with even a little bit of woodworking skill, and it will save you a ton of money. The only thing you have to be careful of is the ceneterys rules. If they require a vault, you need to find out the measurements so you can plan accordingly. It's illegal here to refuse an outside casket so the funeral home has to accept it as long as it meets their guidelines.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
30-11-2013, 05:53 AM
How can I get legally pickled for my fans to enjoy?

As a note, I am already drunk.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-11-2013, 08:21 AM
(29-11-2013 11:57 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  There's been a lot of these threads on here so I figured I'd play too.

I'm an embalmer in California and have been in the funeral industry for 7 years now. I know there's got to be some interesting questions. Cool

Is it true that dead bodies are stored with no respect. Like caskets left half open, piled on top of one another, caskets getting misplaced etc. I saw a video about it on YouTube.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
30-11-2013, 08:27 AM
(29-11-2013 11:57 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  There's been a lot of these threads on here so I figured I'd play too.

I'm an embalmer in California and have been in the funeral industry for 7 years now. I know there's got to be some interesting questions. Cool

Are you an MD or what?
30-11-2013, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 08:44 AM by NoSkyDaddy.)
Is there anywhere you know of that sky burials are legal? I think it's still done on some native reservations, but, I would have no rights to be buried there. Like many, I really would like my body to go back to nature.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
30-11-2013, 08:58 AM
How much does a mortician earn? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Do your customers ever complain?

Seriously, who do you consider a customer? Dead person or relatives (or whoever pays for the service ) ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Which religions prohibit embalming?

(30-11-2013 01:17 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 01:10 AM)aurora Wrote:  Ohio,
Do you have to be in a casket to be cremated?

You do not have to be in a casket to be cremated, at least nowhere in the states that I know of. You have to have some sort of combustible container, though, as human remains won't readily burn by themselves. Our standard for direct cremations is called an alternative container, and is basically a large cardboard box.

I knew there had to be a good reason instead of the man just sticking it to me even after I'm dead. Big Grin

And this thread reminds me of one of my all time favorite viddies. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post