Ask a tulpa!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: Ask a tulpa!
(10-08-2013 01:12 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  I was going to make a long post about why tulpas aren't MPD, but then I found this, so I don't have to type anything. It's a bit outdated, but the part on why tulpas aren't MPD is still accurate

http://www.everypony.com/forums/showthre...-not-crazy

Also, I do have RL friends. I introduced a few close ones to tulpas, and now they have 'em too.

I didn't think you were crazy until I clicked on that link. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-08-2013, 03:02 PM
(13-08-2013 08:17 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Seriously, I have no idea what you're trying to say
Exactly! I was trying to test how independent your tulpas are, by asking you a question that you do not understand, to see if your tulpas offer a different response, that is, if there are any other yous besides you. Apparently not. So I've got my result, your tulpas are merely a figment of imagination, they are not separate processes running in your brain.
Congratulations, you are probably sane and what you do is probably safe, though useless. Your brain is probably a closed system and there is probably no intrusion from... nevermind.
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Look, my tulpas have managed to suprise me before, okay. It's just, they couldn't understand your question earlier.

But no, my tulpas have managed to completely suprise me. For example, I'm in band, and I'm playing my instrument, when Tauanv suddenly says "Wrong key signature dumbass!" I check and he's right, I was playing in the wrong key signature. I was playing key of natural when I should've been playing key of F sharp.He caught me completely by surprise, and caught something that I completely and utterly 100% missed! Explain that

Also, if tulpas aren't a seperate conscious within your body, then how come they have the ability to control your limbs and whatnot? Tulpas can completely control the host's body. It takes practice, and it's only with the host's consent, but STILL! A tulpa can control appendages! If they're only figments of your imagination, how is that possible?

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
16-08-2013, 01:47 AM
(15-08-2013 09:14 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Look, my tulpas have managed to suprise me before, okay. It's just, they couldn't understand your question earlier.

But no, my tulpas have managed to completely suprise me. For example, I'm in band, and I'm playing my instrument, when Tauanv suddenly says "Wrong key signature dumbass!" I check and he's right, I was playing in the wrong key signature. I was playing key of natural when I should've been playing key of F sharp.He caught me completely by surprise, and caught something that I completely and utterly 100% missed! Explain that

Also, if tulpas aren't a seperate conscious within your body, then how come they have the ability to control your limbs and whatnot? Tulpas can completely control the host's body. It takes practice, and it's only with the host's consent, but STILL! A tulpa can control appendages! If they're only figments of your imagination, how is that possible?
Well, I was looking for something more along the lines of your tulpa writing a book of his own or painting his own images. People do such things, only they say astral spirits write through them. Or Jesus or God.

I'd like to see someone who can do that and yet stay a materialistic naturalistic atheistic rationalistic Cartesian deterministic... guy.