Ask an ADHD Kid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Ask an ADHD Kid
I was first diagnosed with ADHD around 6 years of age. I was again diagnosed at 15. I'm now 19. I've been medicated for 4 years now.

What do you guys want to know?

(I'm also assuming there's plenty of ADHD people here, so feel free to chime in)

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Ask an ADHD Kid
Do you sometimes wish that you didn't have ADHD or have you come to accept it as part of your personal identity? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-01-2014, 03:36 PM
(28-01-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was first diagnosed with ADHD around 6 years of age. I was again diagnosed at 15. I'm now 19. I've been medicated for 4 years now.

(I'm also assuming there's plenty of ADHD people here, so feel free to chime in)

What's your script stack look like?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-01-2014, 03:40 PM
(28-01-2014 03:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you sometimes wish that you didn't have ADHD or have you come to accept it as part of your personal identity? Consider

Both actually.
I'm a smart guy, but I'm held back by my memory. My medication helps dramatically, but sometimes the side effects are too much. Being abnormal isn't fun either, got made fun of in school a lot. I was very socially inept and actually had to learn "emotions" in a sense. I would love to be "normal." It's also ruined more than a few relationships.
But at the same time, I have great friends who accept me for me. Plus we get a lot of good jokes out of my behavior, so since I can laugh at myself it's good.
It's also showed me in a way who my true friends are.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
28-01-2014, 03:46 PM
(28-01-2014 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was first diagnosed with ADHD around 6 years of age. I was again diagnosed at 15. I'm now 19. I've been medicated for 4 years now.

What's your script stack look like?

During high school I was on Metadate 30mg (for those who don't know the average is about 10-15mg).
Though I stopped taking it after high school due to insomnia, anxiety, an eating disorder and severe depression.
(depression only worsened my depression, was not the cause)
I've just started taking meds again (about 5 months later) and am taking Aderall 10mg to start, but will probably bump it up to 15-20mg later this month.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
28-01-2014, 04:52 PM
So,how would you write a paper about stuff for school if you forgot to take meds?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
28-01-2014, 05:40 PM
(28-01-2014 04:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  So,how would you write a paper about stuff for school if you forgot to take meds?

I wouldn't/didn't.
Well to be fair, I would attempt to do it. The only time I had that problem was during those timed writing exercises. Generally I might get a sentence or two down but I would frustrate myself and get pissed off and give up.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 05:49 PM
What you're describing as ADHD (as far as getting easily frustrated) sounds like a general hatred of school or sitting still...which isn't uncommon. What exactly are the symptoms of ADHD? Again, I don't want to offend you! I've told you once, I'm completely ignorant on this subject and am trying to understand...so if at any point I get mean or just plain stupid about it, feel free to tell me to shutup

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 05:57 PM
(29-01-2014 05:49 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  What you're describing as ADHD (as far as getting easily frustrated) sounds like a general hatred of school or sitting still...which isn't uncommon. What exactly are the symptoms of ADHD? Again, I don't want to offend you! I've told you once, I'm completely ignorant on this subject and am trying to understand...so if at any point I get mean or just plain stupid about it, feel free to tell me to shutup

For one, it's fairly hard to offend me. So don't worry.
Secondly, all this information is found easily through a Google search.
To start you off, here is a fairly descriptive page.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Also, for the record, I enjoyed school.
I hated the kids.

Atir aissom atir imon