Ask an ADHD Kid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Ask an ADHD Kid
If you changed your diet instread of drugs,would you have the same level of concentration as if you took the drugs?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 06:21 PM
(29-01-2014 06:16 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 06:10 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  BTW, the reason I started taking them again is because I'm getting in trouble at work for inattentiveness and forgetfulness.
Also, for whatever reason, when I'm on the medication I'm more motivated to do stuff. That I don't know why.

I know the pills help to be more attentive...I've taken them and could get my house cleaned in 20 minutes...they were awesome. But do kids actually NEED them just to function? Thanks for the snopes article, I hadn't read about it much, just vaguely remembered seeing something about it a while back. I'm still reading up about this...and have a discussion going on FB to see what those geniuses think. It's just weird to me that this was never an issue until we heard about it, now everybody is ADHD...just like this gluten free bullshit...for years and years we've eaten wheat, but now half the damn world is allergic to it. Something about all of it just doesn't sit right with me

Everybody is a major over exaggeration.
It's maybe around 1 in 10 kid 's so it's very common and controversial since science can't yet explain what the cause is. Though, just cause science can't explain something now didn't mean it won't in the future.

BTW, another article:
http://www.aboutourkids.org/articles/neu...er_summary

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 06:22 PM
(29-01-2014 06:20 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  If you changed your diet instread of drugs,would you have the same level of concentration as if you took the drugs?

Didn't work for me, it has mixed results.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 06:23 PM
(28-01-2014 05:40 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 04:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  So,how would you write a paper about stuff for school if you forgot to take meds?

I wouldn't/didn't.
Well to be fair, I would attempt to do it. The only time I had that problem was during those timed writing exercises. Generally I might get a sentence or two down but I would frustrate myself and get pissed off and give up.

that sounds soo much like me. After that, i would then search an article online and paraphrase it one day before the deathline

29-01-2014, 06:24 PM
(29-01-2014 06:20 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  This topic is bigger than I have time for tonight...but this isn't the last I have to say about it! LOL nothing pisses me off worse than not being able to fully understand something~but regardless of how I think/feel about the subject, I am genuinely glad the medicine helps you to be "normal"

That's what it comes down to.
It only affects my behavior because I now actually think before I act, making me more self conscious of the feelings and atmosphere around me. I'm better able to adapt and communicate, as well as remember, learn and teach.
So what's so bad about it?

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 06:26 PM
(29-01-2014 06:23 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 05:40 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I wouldn't/didn't.
Well to be fair, I would attempt to do it. The only time I had that problem was during those timed writing exercises. Generally I might get a sentence or two down but I would frustrate myself and get pissed off and give up.

that sounds soo much like me. After that, i would then search an article online and paraphrase it one day before the deathline

See if it was an assignment I'd get it done. Last minute, yes, but done nonetheless.
Now for timed writings (must be started and completed within X amount of time IN class) I was fucked.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 06:44 PM
(29-01-2014 06:26 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 06:23 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  that sounds soo much like me. After that, i would then search an article online and paraphrase it one day before the deathline

See if it was an assignment I'd get it done. Last minute, yes, but done nonetheless.
Now for timed writings (must be started and completed within X amount of time IN class) I was fucked.

i consider myself lucky ,then. I never had timed writings (xept precĂ­s writing,but there you have the text to paraphrase)

29-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(28-01-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was first diagnosed with ADHD around 6 years of age. I was again diagnosed at 15. I'm now 19. I've been medicated for 4 years now.

What do you guys want to know?

(I'm also assuming there's plenty of ADHD people here, so feel free to chime in)

How much Ritalin does one have to take to make themselves really good at Call Of Duty games? Shy
I'm just kidding with ya Tongue

29-01-2014, 07:41 PM
(29-01-2014 06:47 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was first diagnosed with ADHD around 6 years of age. I was again diagnosed at 15. I'm now 19. I've been medicated for 4 years now.

What do you guys want to know?

(I'm also assuming there's plenty of ADHD people here, so feel free to chime in)

How much Ritalin does one have to take to make themselves really good at Call Of Duty games? Shy
I'm just kidding with ya Tongue

10-20mg Aderall
15mg Ritalin
30mg Metadate

(not kidding, though these are my personal doses and not all at once)

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Any experience with the aytpical antipsychotic medications?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.