Ask an Old Fart.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Ask an Old Fart.
What was your favorite food and drink when you were a kid?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 12:47 AM
(04-10-2013 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What are your testosterone and PSA levels, old fart?
PSA very good;I have taken a herbal remedy for several years for BPA.
Ah yes testosterone, those were the days!Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
05-10-2013, 12:53 AM
(04-10-2013 05:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  What was your favorite food and drink when you were a kid?

Hmmm! Need to go back a long time.....................
I liked steak and kidney pie, stuffed steak, and steamed jam pudding/
When I had my tonsils out my mother made a thin tomato soup and I had it with soft bread, caled it DipIn, my throat was very sore.Sadcryface2
06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Many of my former co workers we hired right out of high school in the early seventies. They said that the work atmosphere at the office during that time was so lax. People enjoyed the culture and they talk of just growing up together. (Not sure how much pot was smoked during that time as it was hinted at quite heavily. I know they were smoking cigs indoors even up til 7 years ago or so)

As a general, was this common for that time frame? Have ridiculous rules in the workplace increased over the years making many office work environments just plain sucky? Were they the exception, not the rule?

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I have some questions for the Old Fart...

1. What did you do that was so bad?
2. Were you a snatch-purse, a poacher or just a common prostitute?
3. What were your first impressions of Van Diemen's Land?

Tongue

06-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Just how wrinkly are your balls?Drinking Beverage

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
06-10-2013, 06:51 AM
(06-10-2013 12:26 AM)aquaquilter Wrote:  Many of my former co workers we hired right out of high school in the early seventies. They said that the work atmosphere at the office during that time was so lax. People enjoyed the culture and they talk of just growing up together. (Not sure how much pot was smoked during that time as it was hinted at quite heavily. I know they were smoking cigs indoors even up til 7 years ago or so)

As a general, was this common for that time frame? Have ridiculous rules in the workplace increased over the years making many office work environments just plain sucky? Were they the exception, not the rule?

I got my first (and almost last, I had another one for some 6 months 10 years later) job then. It was the opposite - very, very stuffy and women were mostly gofers and typists. They never advanced from that. That is what caused me to become an entrepreneur for the rest of my life. I wasn't going to spend the rest of my days in an office making coffee, taking it to people, typing up order forms on an old typewriter and doing errands.

I had my tonsils out in the 60s and ate ice cream for a week. Smile I think that beats tomato soup!

Social life in the late 60s and early 70s for young people - yes, we did drugs. Sex , drugs and Rock and Roll. It was fun. We were also politically engaged. Anti Vietnam war demonstrations, sit ins and what not were frequent in the 70s. Marching for peace was common, there were marches all over the place.

Smoking was everywhere - even supermarkets had ashtrays in the isles. You smoked at work, on airplanes, in restaurants, in department stores - everywhere. I actually question the direct connection of smoking and lung cancer - one would think that the number of cases would go down with the great reduction of exposure to smoke. It hasn't. Surely smoking will aggravate a compromised lung - but I am starting to seriously doubt that it triggers cancer in the general population.

But Mr. Woof was an earlier generation... he has other stories to tell...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2013, 03:14 PM
(06-10-2013 12:26 AM)aquaquilter Wrote:  Many of my former co workers we hired right out of high school in the early seventies. They said that the work atmosphere at the office during that time was so lax. People enjoyed the culture and they talk of just growing up together. (Not sure how much pot was smoked during that time as it was hinted at quite heavily. I know they were smoking cigs indoors even up til 7 years ago or so)

In the 90s here things got very 'sucky', what with 'work contacts' enabling sackings simply over a clash of personalities.
Generally speaking I think it was more laid back in the 60s and 70s, depending of course on what work you were doing.
I worked sorting mail in the early sixties; much time was spent in the pub opposite, or chatting up the ladies.Rolleyes
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM
(06-10-2013 06:09 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Just how wrinkly are your balls?Drinking Beverage
Smooth as a babies bottom.................
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
06-10-2013, 03:17 PM
(06-10-2013 01:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have some questions for the Old Fart...

1. What did you do that was so bad?
2. Were you a snatch-purse, a poacher or just a common prostitute?
3. What were your first impressions of Van Diemen's Land?

Tongue

Get back to you......off to AA.........^^^^^^^^(HINT) Cool

You too Dom; ah, memories!Sad