Ask an Old Fart.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2013, 03:13 AM
RE: Ask an Old Fart.
(07-10-2013 08:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
So, times always look a lot better in retrospect.

Nah!
Isolation, bullying, dodgy sexual encounters, rejection etc etc.

Nothing rose-tinted about my yoof.

Now, a hair's breath from 50, money in my pocket and fucking having the fucking best fucking time of my fucking life.

Yoof? You can keep it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Sorry Woof, but there is little I can ask you since my grandfather is 15 years older than you; and that he saw WWII with his own eyes during the occupation.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-10-2013, 06:00 AM
If you could go back in time, knowing what you know today, what one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
[+] 1 user Likes twister's post
08-10-2013, 06:07 AM
(07-10-2013 07:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  What did you do for entertainment as a kid?
How was your life growing up as an adolescent, and what did you do throughout your teen years?
What was your first, young love like, and how did it end?

Entertainment - we went outside and played. All the kids in the neighborhood together. There were no outsiders, we were all one big group, girls and boys. Everyone knew everyone and we all played ball games of various types, hide and seek, or we just hung out and talked by the hour. It wasn't possible to be socially awkward because everyone was together all the time. Parents didn't have to worry about kids going to play outside for hours without supervision. We were FREE - I can't imagine growing up in a supervised, controlled environment like today - mothers never taking an eye off the kids - oh horrors!

Teenage - lots of studying. Boys and girls split into separate groups then for the most part, and us girls would talk about the boys and giggle a lot. Music became available with transistor radios, records and tape decks. Rock and Roll was of the devil and we loved it and listened whenever we could. Of all things the catholic church would put on rock and roll nights for us, we danced and danced...by 15 I was smoking dope. Mostly we hung around listening to music, when not having our noses in books.

My first love - Peter. We used to split off the group and go someplace where we could be alone and kiss by the hour - that's all we did. Sit and talk and kiss. Then he kissed my girlfriend and I dumped him on the spot. He was slinking around my parents house for a long time and I was too pissed off at him to resume things. I was sooo depressed. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
08-10-2013, 02:57 PM
(08-10-2013 03:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 08:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
So, times always look a lot better in retrospect.

Nah!
Isolation, bullying, dodgy sexual encounters, rejection etc etc.

Nothing rose-tinted about my yoof.

Now, a hair's breath from 50, money in my pocket and fucking having the fucking best fucking time of my fucking life.

Yoof? You can keep it.

Just think in five years you can attend our Old Fart Festival!Cool
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM
(08-10-2013 03:33 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Sorry Woof, but there is little I can ask you since my grandfather is 15 years older than you; and that he saw WWII with his own eyes during the occupation.

Wow, a really old dude! Does he still go to the gym?Thumbsup
08-10-2013, 03:05 PM
(08-10-2013 06:00 AM)twister Wrote:  If you could go back in time, knowing what you know today, what one piece of advice would you give your younger self?

Stick to one relationship at a time, preferably an enduring one.
08-10-2013, 03:12 PM
(08-10-2013 03:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 03:33 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Sorry Woof, but there is little I can ask you since my grandfather is 15 years older than you; and that he saw WWII with his own eyes during the occupation.

Wow, a really old dude! Does he still go to the gym?Thumbsup

No, he can barely walk these days.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Sorry! Hope he's still reasonably contented.
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Well it's off to see another Old Fart Festival movie today......Gone With the Wind...vintage 1939, even older than me.Rolleyes