Ask me anything , I might even answer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: Ask me anything , I might even answer
(09-11-2013 02:40 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Do you think I'm deluded for believing in God?

(I promise I won't turn this into a debate if you don't want to)

There is a couple of possible reasons why people believe in god.
They could be deluded, indoctrinated, or just in need of some kind of psychological crutch.
You personally, I don't know. Didn't read many of your posts.

Quote:Tell me your stance on religious people.

Except thinking that they are wrong on that particular subject nothing special , I judge people as individuals.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 02:53 PM
(09-11-2013 02:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Depends on what kind of bowling.

Average scores are higher in ten pin than in candle pin.

if ten pin means there are ten pins then that is what I played. 10 pins standing in a triangular shape. Didn't know there was another kind.

From Wikipedia:

Five main variations are found in North America, varying especially in New England and parts of Canada:

Ten-pin bowling: largest and heaviest pins, bowled with a large ball with finger holes, and the most popular size in North America

Candlepin: tallest pins, thin with matching ends, and bowled with the smallest and lightest (at 1.1 kg) handheld ball of any bowling sport

Duckpin: short, squat, and bowled with a handheld ball

Five-pin bowling: tall, between duckpins and candlepins in diameter with a rubber girdle, bowled with a handheld ball, mostly found in Canada

Nine-pin bowling: pins usually attached to strings at the tops, uses a ball without finger holes

I've bowled all of them except Nine-pin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 02:53 PM
(09-11-2013 02:48 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Except thinking that they are wrong on that particular subject nothing special , I judge people as individuals.

A man after my own heart. Glad to have you here! Big Grin

If I could choose one, probably it would have to be some kind of psychological crutch. I call it faith, of course, lol.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:Ten-pin bowling: largest and heaviest pins, bowled with a large ball with finger holes, and the most popular size in North America
Yup , that's it. I remember liking more heavy balls, but I can't remember which ones exactly. 12? 16?

Bowling not really popular here tho.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
09-11-2013, 03:21 PM
(09-11-2013 02:35 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:23 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You've only bowled twice and got a 200! That's pretty damn good. I've bowled about 90-100 times in my lifetime. Maybe a bit more. My high score is 156. That was a fluke too.
Not twice, 3 or 4 times.
If 200 is that good I might be remembering it wrong. I remember I was doing good but not like I was an undiscovered talent of bowling. I can't even put a curve on my shots , I fire it straight down the middle.

Some people can consistently bowl 200+, but those people usually bowl on a regular basis. It is possible to get a 200 your first time out if you're a natural. A perfect game is 300, but most people will never get a 300, or even a 250. I doubt I will ever get 200. I suck at bowling, but I do think it's fun.

09-11-2013, 03:39 PM
(09-11-2013 03:21 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:35 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Not twice, 3 or 4 times.
If 200 is that good I might be remembering it wrong. I remember I was doing good but not like I was an undiscovered talent of bowling. I can't even put a curve on my shots , I fire it straight down the middle.

Some people can consistently bowl 200+, but those people usually bowl on a regular basis. It is possible to get a 200 your first time out if you're a natural. A perfect game is 300, but most people will never get a 300, or even a 250. I doubt I will ever get 200. I suck at bowling, but I do think it's fun.

I have topped 200 1 time ever. My Average is around 140-150 back when I was regularly playing. That's 10 pin, have also played duck pin but it's been so long ago that I can't remember what I scored.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 03:58 PM by Slowminded.)
(09-11-2013 03:21 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:35 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Not twice, 3 or 4 times.

Yeah, it is fun, but I prefer other sports.

I used to be a handball goalie, and a left wing if necessary.

And I don't know where you are from but I know that people outside Europe rarely know what handball is , so...

24-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm bored , so I'm going to post random pics I took

View of Toronto from my hotel room
[Image: 9sry4m.jpg]

Drag queen and a bible Big Grin
[Image: zwcm7p.jpg]

Drooling
[Image: 35idoat.jpg]

Ms. Slowminded chillin' by the pool
[Image: f25852.jpg]

Fail
[Image: avpgs9.jpg]

24-11-2013, 01:26 PM
(08-11-2013 05:09 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Might be fun.

I'm 37 y/o guy, I live in Belgrade, Serbia.

Married, no kids yet.

9-5 job as a technical director in a company that produces safety and interior doors , used to be a semi pro poker player.

Firm atheist since the moment I took interest in religion.

I consider myself to be a man with considerable life experience.

So, ask me anything...

What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Have we met?

What's the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?

Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
24-11-2013, 01:37 PM
(24-11-2013 01:26 PM)Peanut Wrote:  What's your favorite kind of cheese?

[Image: 24pf1wm.jpg]

and the stinky one

[Image: iqx4bs.gif]

Quote:Have we met?

Who knows?

Quote:What's the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?

Like every morning....cofeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post