Asked to Pray

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: Asked to Pray
(02-12-2014 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Last time I was asked years ago now I said:

Hail Mary, full of grace.

Hello, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Grace.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I love your response stark, funny measured and full of wit! Truly you have been touched by his noodlely appendage.
[Image: 85727.jpg]

03-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Good for you. Not sure I'm there yet, though fortunately its highly unlikely ill get caught in a similar situation.

A few months ago at work, a man noticed some burns on my arm (hot grease) and asked if he could pray over me to heal the burns. I simply said we were to busy and I needed to get back to work, when I really wanted to tell him "thanks but I'm not comfortable with that and feel that its a waste of both our time".
03-12-2014, 01:31 AM
[Image: IMG_173390533209865_zpstkowlxmj.jpeg]
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
03-12-2014, 04:03 AM
(02-12-2014 10:52 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 10:50 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  The horror, the horror...over seasoned pork chops! Censored

I know right? And they were good cuts too. I can't understand why someone would want to cover up the taste of a good pork chop.

If you're unsure, always under-season; the pricks can always add more salt at the table. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2014, 04:54 AM
Praying at school is mandatory here in Greece. Every morning, we'd stand in lines in front of the school and the head teacher would choose someone randomly to say the prayer in front of everyone. Using a microphone.

When I was 16, there came a day when the head master asked me to go up there. I was like "no no no" but he insisted, and I mumbled something like "I don't believe in God" and he came to me, grabbed my arm and said "It's ok, we'll help you", although I'm pretty sure he thought I had said "I can't do it" or something.

Anyway, I insisted and pulled away, so he couldn't force me to do it. When I got home I told my mum and she said it would be cool if I actually had gone up there and started saying some kind of Buddhist prayer just for the giggles.

I wish I had the guts to do that. And my mum is so awesome.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 14 users Like undergroundp's post
03-12-2014, 06:42 AM
(02-12-2014 03:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  I love that you asked him to heal some amputees. That's really rubbing Mr Christian's face in it Big Grin

Yeah, it'd be fun to run a "normal" prayer, and then add on a bunch of requests for things that God doesn't normally do. It's typical to thank God, then to ask for safe travels, and what not. Maybe guide the leaders of the nation, or some such.

But yeah, it'd be fun to throw in a request to heal some amputees. That, or ask God to cure childhood diseases or end world hunger. Ask him to explicitly multiply the food like he did that one time, or something.

(02-12-2014 04:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I love your response stark, funny measured and full of wit! Truly you have been touched by his noodlely appendage.
[Image: 85727.jpg]

Holy crap! I didn't know anyone else knew about Amazing Super Powers!
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-12-2014, 09:30 AM
You could have a lot of fun with this if you are prepared.

Lord let us give thanks for this bounty and for all those toiling in the fields for pennies a day that made this meal more affordable. Lord, thank you for selecting all of us gathered here over all those starving people in the world, especially the children. Through Jesus Christ our lord who reigns over all the good in the world and all the calamities as well. Amen.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-12-2014, 12:56 PM
(03-12-2014 06:42 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Holy crap! I didn't know anyone else knew about Amazing Super Powers!

I read every strip the day it comes out, I have a lot of Web comics that I like though my favorites almost never update any more :/ My favorite is by far Scout Crossing cause I adore the art style, but ya... sometimes it's months between comics.

I used to have a lot more but they got shit (Mega Tokyo, Sinfest).

03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
(03-12-2014 12:56 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:42 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Holy crap! I didn't know anyone else knew about Amazing Super Powers!

I read every strip the day it comes out, I have a lot of Web comics that I like though my favorites almost never update any more :/ My favorite is by far Scout Crossing cause I adore the art style, but ya... sometimes it's months between comics.

I used to have a lot more but they got shit (Mega Tokyo, Sinfest).

Are you guys aware of the joy that is lackadaisycats?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post