Asked to go to church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2013, 08:14 AM
RE: Asked to go to church
I see no reason for you to feel bad about not wanting to go to church but then again, I don't see much point in trying to be friends with someone who tells you that you deserve death.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't feel bad about not wanting to go to church, but I didn't want to decline. He offered to catch up, go to church and such, so I really just didn't want to be mean about saying no. Then, he did send that post from Leviticus, and so I lost whatever was holding me back from telling I'm I didn't want to go.

Thanks all for telling me I wasn't being offensive, I normally don't say things like that but after the Leviticus post...

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
29-08-2013, 04:08 PM
(28-08-2013 05:41 AM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  So I've been having a long debate with a christian friend of mine over the internet, and out of the blue he asks if I want to go to church with him. Just so you know, I'd made may case pretty clear I was an atheist. How do I respond? I don't want to be mean, but I don't know how to tell him what I think of church in a nice way. I'm not doing anything the day he asked, so no excuse there Smile. Seriously though, how do you respond when somebody who knows your a non-believer asks you to go to church?

A simple "No, thank you" is all that is required. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2013, 04:20 PM
(29-08-2013 02:59 PM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  I don't feel bad about not wanting to go to church, but I didn't want to decline. He offered to catch up, go to church and such, so I really just didn't want to be mean about saying no. Then, he did send that post from Leviticus, and so I lost whatever was holding me back from telling I'm I didn't want to go.

Thanks all for telling me I wasn't being offensive, I normally don't say things like that but after the Leviticus post...

I do hope this person of yours enjoys shellfish or has tattoos, Leviticus would just love him.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.