Asking for money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Asking for money
(03-06-2014 05:02 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Just received a letter from an 18yr pleading for money so he can fly to an Asiatic country - $3000, attend a conference - $1000 and $1250mo for two years so he can live on a ship and evangelize to non-Christians. I have never, nor has anyone I know, every received a plea for funding so someone could attend a good college or university but there is an expectation that if it's about G*d then we should be happy to kick in. Will this kid return with a good resume for a job - no, but he'll come back and convince all and sundry how many he converted to Christianity altho that doesn't qualify him for the work force.

John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son." Consider

Hmm? If all this is about God.....one would imagine, that God himself, would be happy to "kick in", and fund the whole evangelistic trip! Facepalm

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 03:16 PM
No, it's not a scam. The letter was given to me by one of the local evangelical church members, just because they know me. (small town). They know the family and they themselves will support this kid financially. It's a "you support mine and I'll support yours" scenario.
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
(06-06-2014 03:16 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  No, it's not a scam. The letter was given to me by one of the local evangelical church members, just because they know me. (small town). They know the family and they themselves will support this kid financially. It's a "you support mine and I'll support yours" scenario.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh Confused

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-06-2014, 04:44 AM
If you're throwing money around, I would like a holiday to see the Roman empire.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Write them back.

"Dear sender,

I have preformed the necessary prayers, and you should be receiving 5 million delivered via winged baby either instantaneously or immediately after this letter arrives.

Glory be, Receiver."
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
11-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Moving to CC.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-06-2014, 10:46 AM
"My sincere apologies, but I am unable to donate at this time. Though I will gladly offer you my prayers of safe a journey and return."

Just saved you four grand.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-06-2014, 10:47 AM
(10-06-2014 06:49 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Write them back.

"Dear sender,

I have preformed the necessary prayers, and you should be receiving 5 million delivered via winged baby either instantaneously or immediately after this letter arrives.

Glory be, Receiver."

Damnit, didn't see this.

Atir aissom atir imon