Asking for prayers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: Asking for prayers?
You guys remember that Josh Moronstein...I mean feurstien guy?

He was asking if he can send any of us prayers and I wrote this on his facebook page...for the "prayer" that I needed from him.

Quote:My sister needs an operation on her crotch. She has had sex too many times and she can't please me anymore, so she wants to "tighten" up vag so my dick will feel really good when inside her. Plus it make it better for her too. But we are worried that something bad might happen. Josh...I need sum prayers from you man. So this operation will be a success...Sister needs a new crotch...gimme those prayers!

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 02:00 PM
(08-10-2014 05:35 PM)amyb Wrote:  I've seen a lot of this on FB lately. My cousin's BF was in a car accident, and another friend had a kid that needed lots of emergency heart surgery after he was born. And I never quite know what to write about that, I mean, I don't want to be a dick, and I do want positive things to happen for these people, but I guess it just shocks me into realizing that a lot of the people I know are theists. Sometimes I forget that. I usually write something about hoping the person gets better, or hoping the surgery goes well, or [*hugs*] or something.

I've often thought that the people writing that don't think about it much, either, or don't really expect people to actually pray, that it's just a thing they say automatically to call attention to something bad or stressful or dangerous and to express their anxiety about it. I dunno. Something that might roughly translate to "I am anxious about this shitty thing and could use some support."

What do you mean you "hope they get better"? I mean, I know what you mean, but are you looking for an against-the-curve anomaly or what? That's the heart of prayer--we're seeking an intervention.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2014, 02:09 PM
(13-10-2014 02:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What do you mean you "hope they get better"? I mean, I know what you mean, but are you looking for an against-the-curve anomaly or what? That's the heart of prayer--we're seeking an intervention.

Sure, because you know God's plan is flawed and you have a better one. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-10-2014, 02:51 PM
(13-10-2014 02:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What do you mean you "hope they get better"? I mean, I know what you mean, but are you looking for an against-the-curve anomaly or what? That's the heart of prayer--we're seeking an intervention.

Sure, because you know God's plan is flawed and you have a better one. Thumbsup

Cute, but does "Thy will be done" indicate we think God's plan is flawed? We find instead that the atheist is standing in front of the row of tanks in Tiananmen Square. He can stand for a while...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-10-2014, 02:53 PM
(13-10-2014 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, because you know God's plan is flawed and you have a better one. Thumbsup

Cute, but does "Thy will be done" indicate we think God's plan is flawed?

And how is that "seeking an intervention"?

You're really not very good at this. Drinking Beverage

Quote:We find instead that the atheist is standing in front of the row of tanks in Tiananmen Square. He can stand for a while...

And that atheist actually accomplished something. So, there's that.

14-10-2014, 09:57 AM
(13-10-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Cute, but does "Thy will be done" indicate we think God's plan is flawed?

And how is that "seeking an intervention"?

Quote:We find instead that the atheist is standing in front of the row of tanks in Tiananmen Square. He can stand for a while...

Stand in front of tanks often? We must carefully pick and choose our battles...

14-10-2014, 10:05 AM
(14-10-2014 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  And how is that "seeking an intervention"?

Stand in front of tanks often? We must carefully pick and choose our battles...

So you can't imagine doing something courageous to effect change? Poor you.

14-10-2014, 10:55 AM
(14-10-2014 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Stand in front of tanks often? We must carefully pick and choose our battles...

So you can't imagine doing something courageous to effect change? Poor you.

Sorry for not being more clear. The atheist or theist who stood in front of the Tiananmen tanks (he has never been identified and you were mighty quick to say he was an atheist despite China's many religious people) DISAPPEARED. I imagine doing something courageous frequently to affect change on this very website. Many Christians I know will not preach at this forum because they're frightened--not of intellectual discourse--some are very learned--but because you as a body, in general, are cruel. I look around and see you sniping and snipping at your brother atheists--so I try not to take your comments personally.

I've told Christians, "You want to really test your ideas, your presuppositions?" Visit TTA forums because the old standby apologetics you are "armed" with will be challenged and questioned every step of the way. Be prepared to defend what you believe and to ask questions while receiving little in return, either of intellectual or moral quality--five out of six posts on threads with Christians are vile and angry, atheists cursing out at you, teasing you and using other defense mechanisms. These people won't drop their armor for one moment to be vulnerable, at least not where spiritual issues are concerned. In other matters, sure.

However, you might learn something. And what do you learn here? And how are you treated on Christian forums where you participate, Chas?

14-10-2014, 11:19 AM
(13-10-2014 02:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I mean, I know what you mean, but are you looking for an against-the-curve anomaly or what? That's the heart of prayer--we're seeking an intervention.

Which begs the question: does God cause or allow these problems for the sole purpose of eliciting a request to fix said problem?

If God is already planning on fixing or not fixing that problem, then prayer would be useless. The only way a prayer can be effective is if God is willing to do something different solely based on receiving a request.

(14-10-2014 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Be prepared to defend what you believe and to ask questions while receiving little in return, either of intellectual or moral quality--five out of six posts on threads with Christians are vile and angry, atheists cursing out at you, teasing you and using other defense mechanisms.

From what I've seen in my year here, only the trolls get that treatment. There have been several theists who post in good faith and have respectful conversations.
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 11:37 AM
(14-10-2014 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  So you can't imagine doing something courageous to effect change? Poor you.

Sorry for not being more clear. The atheist or theist who stood in front of the Tiananmen tanks (he has never been identified and you were mighty quick to say he was an atheist despite China's many religious people) DISAPPEARED.

Please quote me claiming the fellow in Tiananmen Square was an atheist. You can't.

Quote:I imagine doing something courageous frequently to affect change on this very website. Many Christians I know will not preach at this forum because they're frightened--not of intellectual discourse--some are very learned--but because you as a body, in general, are cruel. I look around and see you sniping and snipping at your brother atheists--so I try not to take your comments personally.

Cruel? No, truthful and rational. What poor little you sees as cruel is impatience with, and ridicule of, delusional ideas and bad arguments.

Please do take my comments personally - they are intended to be.

Quote:I've told Christians, "You want to really test your ideas, your presuppositions?" Visit TTA forums because the old standby apologetics you are "armed" with will be challenged and questioned every step of the way. Be prepared to defend what you believe and to ask questions while receiving little in return, either of intellectual or moral quality--five out of six posts on threads with Christians are vile and angry, atheists cursing out at you, teasing you and using other defense mechanisms. These people won't drop their armor for one moment to be vulnerable, at least not where spiritual issues are concerned. In other matters, sure.

Armor?

Quote:However, you might learn something. And what do you learn here? And how are you treated on Christian forums where you participate, Chas?

Why would I participate on Christian forums? The ones I have seen are either batshit crazy or treacly sweet, or both.