Asking for prayers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: Asking for prayers?
(14-10-2014 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  So you can't imagine doing something courageous to effect change? Poor you.

Sorry for not being more clear. The atheist or theist who stood in front of the Tiananmen tanks (he has never been identified and you were mighty quick to say he was an atheist despite China's many religious people) DISAPPEARED. I imagine doing something courageous frequently to affect change on this very website. Many Christians I know will not preach at this forum because they're frightened--not of intellectual discourse--some are very learned--but because you as a body, in general, are cruel. I look around and see you sniping and snipping at your brother atheists--so I try not to take your comments personally.

I've told Christians, "You want to really test your ideas, your presuppositions?" Visit TTA forums because the old standby apologetics you are "armed" with will be challenged and questioned every step of the way. Be prepared to defend what you believe and to ask questions while receiving little in return, either of intellectual or moral quality--five out of six posts on threads with Christians are vile and angry, atheists cursing out at you, teasing you and using other defense mechanisms. These people won't drop their armor for one moment to be vulnerable, at least not where spiritual issues are concerned. In other matters, sure.

However, you might learn something. And what do you learn here? And how are you treated on Christian forums where you participate, Chas?

Are you for real or is this some sort of joke or experiment? You are purposely a judgemental and pompous wackadoo. Want to see anger, intolerance, and mean folks - go to a christian forum. You will be mocked here and if you and you brand of crazy do not see that then you need to wake up out of your insanity.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
14-10-2014, 12:19 PM
(14-10-2014 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And how are you treated on Christian forums where you participate, Chas?

Actually, a number of people from TTA tried to participate on a Christian forum (Suscipe Domine) not too long ago, and were all banned as soon as they figured out who we were -- because "error has no rights". TTA is much more tolerant of opposing viewpoints than any Christian forum I've visited. There are people here who treat all Christians rudely, and I regret that, but at least you're not immediately banned just for being Christians.
14-10-2014, 01:44 PM
(14-10-2014 12:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And how are you treated on Christian forums where you participate, Chas?

Actually, a number of people from TTA tried to participate on a Christian forum (Suscipe Domine) not too long ago, and were all banned as soon as they figured out who we were -- because "error has no rights". TTA is much more tolerant of opposing viewpoints than any Christian forum I've visited. There are people here who treat all Christians rudely, and I regret that, but at least you're not immediately banned just for being Christians.

Which forum, please? I do accept your anecdotal story, I do, and I can accept also that I've seen a few mean Christians and hundreds of really nice ones in my time. I'd ask for the name of that forum so I can go there and give them a BIG piece of my mind. How dare they? Who do they think they are? Christians everywhere want to evangelize to atheists and they presume to deny you the chance to experience Christ's love in action? They are SO wrong.

PS. You can be wrong or stupid, and still be saved.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 01:47 PM
(14-10-2014 01:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. You can be wrong or stupid, and still be saved.

Well, I guess whatever gives you hope there sparky!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
14-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Christians don't want to hear opposing views.

Here, we'll hear them and then likely make fun when you regurgitate the same tired rhetoric.
14-10-2014, 01:52 PM
(14-10-2014 01:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 12:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Actually, a number of people from TTA tried to participate on a Christian forum (Suscipe Domine) not too long ago, and were all banned as soon as they figured out who we were -- because "error has no rights". TTA is much more tolerant of opposing viewpoints than any Christian forum I've visited. There are people here who treat all Christians rudely, and I regret that, but at least you're not immediately banned just for being Christians.

Which forum, please? I do accept your anecdotal story, I do, and I can accept also that I've seen a few mean Christians and hundreds of really nice ones in my time. I'd ask for the name of that forum so I can go there and give them a BIG piece of my mind. How dare they? Who do they think they are? Christians everywhere want to evangelize to atheists and they presume to deny you the chance to experience Christ's love in action? They are SO wrong.

Suscipe Domine

And first they banned the only Christian from TTA who participated, then banned everyone else from TTA.

Then they prohibited their members from participating at TTA under threat of banishment.

The Christian love doth overflow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 03:00 PM
(14-10-2014 12:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Actually, a number of people from TTA tried to participate on a Christian forum (Suscipe Domine) ...

Which forum, please?

Don't read so well, do you?

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
14-10-2014, 03:06 PM
(14-10-2014 12:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Actually, a number of people from TTA tried to participate on a Christian forum (Suscipe Domine) not too long ago, and were all banned as soon as they figured out who we were -- because "error has no rights". TTA is much more tolerant of opposing viewpoints than any Christian forum I've visited. There are people here who treat all Christians rudely, and I regret that, but at least you're not immediately banned just for being Christians.

By the way, if you do go there (Suscipe Domine) to give them a big piece of your mind, I hope you're a traditional Catholic. They don't tolerate Protestants (or even Novus Ordo Catholics) either, because, you know, "error has no rights", and everyone who's not a traditional Catholic is in error.