Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: Assalamo alaikum
(06-08-2015 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 04:11 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  ...
Is it OK to tell a person who says he is scared of hell that it is worth a place being scared of? Or is recovering from religion section etc for pro atheist conversations only?
Can I ask whether you consider yourself a scholar regarding Allah etc. or just a fan?

Cheers.
What would you call a scholar? By profession I'll soon, God willing, have a doctorate in medicine and not religion, but alhumdulillah I am well versed in Islam and
feel free to ask questions and have an open not critical mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 07:12 AM
(06-08-2015 07:06 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Can I ask whether you consider yourself a scholar regarding Allah etc. or just a fan?

Cheers.
What would you call a scholar? By profession I'll soon, God willing, have a doctorate in medicine and not religion, but alhumdulillah I am well versed in Islam and

Welcome aboard, I am sure you and I will come across one another at some point within the forum. Looking forward to learning more about your worldview. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
06-08-2015, 07:13 AM
(06-08-2015 07:06 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  open not critical mind.

... Consider

Critical is good though?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-08-2015, 07:14 AM
(06-08-2015 07:06 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Can I ask whether you consider yourself a scholar regarding Allah etc. or just a fan?

Cheers.

Hello pi,

Just know that people here do not take the Bible, Koran, Adi Granth, Eddas and Sagas etc. as authoritative nd they hold no sway with atheists as "proof".

I hope you are really here for conversation and not for proselytizing as I enjoy real, honest conversation.

KidC

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
06-08-2015, 07:23 AM
(06-08-2015 07:06 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  ...

Thank you.

I like to think I have an open AND critical mind.

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Welcome!

So glad you're acquiring an education to enable you to treat illnesses and/or injuries and not relying on prayer alone. I'd like to think your commitment to studying and hard work is what will help you earn that MD. I certainly find helping others to be quite fulfilling, rewarding work. No god required to save people's lives - it takes experience, critical thinking skills, and an education. Happy studies!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
06-08-2015, 08:59 AM

Great! I turn my back for an hour (I had an exam to do) and the shit starts flying.

Please take all further discussions away from the intro section. It doesn't belong here ... pretty much everywhere else but not in here.

Thanks

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2015, 09:00 AM
(06-08-2015 08:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Great! I turn my back for an hour (I had an exam to do) and the shit starts flying.

Please take all further discussions away from the intro section. It doesn't belong here ... pretty much everywhere else but not in here.

Thanks

Fuck off Mod Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-08-2015, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 09:51 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
(06-08-2015 09:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 08:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Thanks

Fuck off Mod Angry

Ohmy BAN!

*notices like on own post*

Ok, morondog can stay. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Hmm ... I have to wonder if it might be too late to give Pie a hello? Consider

Regardless ... Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein