Assassin's Creed 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Assassin's Creed 3
TWO MORE DAYS!

I've replayed AC1 and 2 in preparation of the third. I'm all ready to go. I'm a little worried about taking this concept out of Italy and putting it into Colonial America, but hopefully it will make sense.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2012, 01:00 PM
RE: Assassin's Creed 3
Dude, watching the gameplay demo a couple of weeks ago got me super amped to play this game, so I went out and bought Brotherhood. One I hadn't played yet.

I'm playing through it now, and I will finish it soon (to go back and master Dishonoured) but I discovered something. I don''t think I want to even pick that game up for free.
I will still obviously try it, but no longer am I amped to play it.

I've played them all now minus the one just before ac3, and I've discovered that the team behind these games have dirty habits that are starting to pile up. The character movement had issues from the start, not game killing issues but issues nonetheless. They were still there in AC2 and still there in Brotherhood. Completely unchanged. There were new features added, all with their own little problems, but the old problems are all still there.

Also I'm discovering I don't like Brotherhood. I actually kind of hate it's fucking guts.
All of the missions have little game limiting gimmicks chucked in to make it more difficult, like the flying mission that has you kill a guy on a horse. It starts you facing the wrong way, gives you a very short time to get him, and a small area with which to do it in a vehicle that has a huge turning radius.
They did all of that to make it difficult (as well as making the vehicle require you to shoot the ground to lift up higher) instead of making the enemy dodge or something. Not to mention it made no sense that you'd care if he escaped. There's no way you can cover up what you just did.

I fear that all of these little problems are adding up, and none are being dealt with. I fucking love Ubisoft and think they are one of the best developers of this gen, so there is still hope in my heart. My tiny black heart.
Get it with your sexy book money and tell me it's better in every category please.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2012, 03:55 PM
(28-10-2012 01:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Dude, watching the gameplay demo a couple of weeks ago got me super amped to play this game, so I went out and bought Brotherhood. One I hadn't played yet.

I'm playing through it now, and I will finish it soon (to go back and master Dishonoured) but I discovered something. I don''t think I want to even pick that game up for free.
I will still obviously try it, but no longer am I amped to play it.

I've played them all now minus the one just before ac3, and I've discovered that the team behind these games have dirty habits that are starting to pile up. The character movement had issues from the start, not game killing issues but issues nonetheless. They were still there in AC2 and still there in Brotherhood. Completely unchanged. There were new features added, all with their own little problems, but the old problems are all still there.

Also I'm discovering I don't like Brotherhood. I actually kind of hate it's fucking guts.
All of the missions have little game limiting gimmicks chucked in to make it more difficult, like the flying mission that has you kill a guy on a horse. It starts you facing the wrong way, gives you a very short time to get him, and a small area with which to do it in a vehicle that has a huge turning radius.
They did all of that to make it difficult (as well as making the vehicle require you to shoot the ground to lift up higher) instead of making the enemy dodge or something. Not to mention it made no sense that you'd care if he escaped. There's no way you can cover up what you just did.

I fear that all of these little problems are adding up, and none are being dealt with. I fucking love Ubisoft and think they are one of the best developers of this gen, so there is still hope in my heart. My tiny black heart.
Get it with your sexy book money and tell me it's better in every category please.

If you didn't like Brotherhood I'd stay well away from Revelations. I loved Brotherhood but Revelations wasn't nearly as good.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Now wait... you liked brotherhood, but I don't seem to, so you tell me to stay away from revelations which you didn't like....

That seems backwards as we may have different taste. I like good things... you seem to like bad things. You are inferior.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
28-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Revelations was a dump on the entire series. Finished it once and haven't looked at it since. Kinda wish I'd saved my money.
28-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I watched a video of it and it looks just like 2. What's so odd about it?

28-10-2012, 07:36 PM
(28-10-2012 04:27 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Now wait... you liked brotherhood, but I don't seem to, so you tell me to stay away from revelations which you didn't like....

That seems backwards as we may have different taste. I like good things... you seem to like bad things. You are inferior.

Brotherhood was awesome! Who doesn't like recruiting and training their own assassins?! That was totally sweet and was introduced by Brotherhood. If you didn't like Brotherhood then you are inferior, Brotherhood's awesome! Big Grin

Besides, I don't think Revelations was terrible. It just wasn't a patch on the others.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
28-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Speaking of your own assassins... I don't get the assassins experience system. I mean you don't need to understand why it says my level 1 assassin is only going to get 11 experience on a four star mission and yet he levels up like five times instead, to play it... but... that's tarded.

28-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I thought AC1 was going to be awesome so I bought it as soon as it came out. I was extremely disappointed so I haven't played any since, have they actually made them good? I just know in the first one you did the same shit over and over and over again until the game was over.....boring.

28-10-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2012 09:31 AM by Hughsie.)
(28-10-2012 08:14 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I thought AC1 was going to be awesome so I bought it as soon as it came out. I was extremely disappointed so I haven't played any since, have they actually made them good? I just know in the first one you did the same shit over and over and over again until the game was over.....boring.

Yeah, 2 is way better than 1. I would defo recommend it.

Best
Worst