Assassin's Creed 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2012, 08:41 AM
RE: Assassin's Creed 3
The first one had the first instance of awesome movement I'd encountered, but you're right that it was brutally repetitive. They fixed some of that by the second one, and gave you a character that was much more dynamic.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2012, 10:36 AM
(29-10-2012 08:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  The first one had the first instance of awesome movement I'd encountered, but you're right that it was brutally repetitive. They fixed some of that by the second one, and gave you a character that was much more dynamic.

What I'm reading is "No, not really." Bleh, think I'll pass.

Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Annnnnnd I'm pissed. I sold my xbox a while back and never felt the need to buy a new one. I went to get the game last night and they only had 360 and PS3 copies. I came home, checked online, and the PC version doesn't come out until Nov 20th. Suck my fat nuts. Here's the review anyways.

Apparently, they didn't focus on fixing any of the control problems you've all be complaining about, and rather just pushed forward, making the game 10 times more huge. Massive naval battles, military battles with 200+ people on the screen, a hunt-and-skin type side option like Red Dead Redemption. As far as the clipping, controls, and minor glitches, I don't see how that can be avoided in a world this big. I've written code for minor games for Comp Sci class and I can't imagine a fix for minute details and irregularities such as those.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-10-2012, 04:33 PM
That game is so boring I can't even watch it. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm 4 or 5 sequences in, and I hate to say it, I'm not impressed so far. Best way to describe it is. First part of the game is, Meh, then Unexpected plot twist (Which i like). Rest of the game pending...

I'll give my usual review of things that annoy me after people have had the chance to play it.
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
It's been pretty mixed so far.

I'm starting to think they peaked with Brotherhood.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I have played the crap out of them so far. They are challenging, interesting, and well-written. The beginning plot twist actually took me by surprise, and I was in no way suspecting they were who they turned out to be. I am about 67% through the game so far, and I love it. New game mechanics are always great, movement feels far more fluid, the story is excellent, and the multiplayer is fantastic.

The one only gripe I have with ACIII is how clunky they made the counter system. Other than that, the game is golden!

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
So I'm just at the tail end of AC rev, and I gotta say not only has this game not been a great experience but the last bits are some of the most unpolished absolutely irritating gaming I've ever played. And I've played the game for the fifth element that was on psone.

Wow is it maybe purposefully poorly executed or something? Developers seem to rely on taking advantage of game engine weaknesses to ramp up difficulty instead of actually trying. The segment where you are running through the war zone to finally kill the bad guy (whom you could have killed at least seven times throughout the game) is so poorly done. The camera suddenly stops working, the controls don't do anything, ezio just hops off a roof for no reason and executions suddenly don't work. There's not even anything really going on. I literally stopped moving and had to crawl across the rooftops to avoid him doing some crazy shit.
While fighting the main bad guy my counters would continuously not counter. Even with all of this calamity the difficulty was still brain death easy, so I'm not sure what they thought they were doing...

If they didn't do it on purpose it means that they got sloppier than usual, and if they did it means they are lazy game designers.

Anyone else remember this issue?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I love the AC gameplay, it is ridiculously awesome, but the story is total mince. I'll get 3 when it is cheap though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
(03-11-2012 11:38 AM)lucradis Wrote:  So I'm just at the tail end of AC rev, and I gotta say not only has this game not been a great experience but the last bits are some of the most unpolished absolutely irritating gaming I've ever played. And I've played the game for the fifth element that was on psone.

Wow is it maybe purposefully poorly executed or something? Developers seem to rely on taking advantage of game engine weaknesses to ramp up difficulty instead of actually trying. The segment where you are running through the war zone to finally kill the bad guy (whom you could have killed at least seven times throughout the game) is so poorly done. The camera suddenly stops working, the controls don't do anything, ezio just hops off a roof for no reason and executions suddenly don't work. There's not even anything really going on. I literally stopped moving and had to crawl across the rooftops to avoid him doing some crazy shit.
While fighting the main bad guy my counters would continuously not counter. Even with all of this calamity the difficulty was still brain death easy, so I'm not sure what they thought they were doing...

If they didn't do it on purpose it means that they got sloppier than usual, and if they did it means they are lazy game designers.

Anyone else remember this issue?
Exactly. To me the main quest felt a collection of side quests from ac2 instead of anything new. There wasn't much of a story, the hook blade was pointless, and the tower defence thing you were often forced to do was so irritatingly bad It put me off replaying the game. Not that there was any reason to do so anyway.