Assassin's Creed 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Assassin's Creed 3
Fanboi. Angel

JJ and Ethan were on that stuff all Friday night... it was insanely boring. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
(04-11-2012 06:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fanboi. Angel

JJ and Ethan were on that stuff all Friday night... it was insanely boring. Tongue
If I was a fanboy, I wouldn't agree about Revelation's utter failure. Said failure, however, is not the topic of the thread. AC III is a victory, and a really good comeback for the series.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
What about the freedom to choose? Like when confronted with a mission objective do they give you one clear way of doing it and shun all other attempts, or do they allow more freedom?

I noticed that in ac1 it was a do this, this way, sort of design, and with 2 they seemed to open up a bit more, and then brotherhood took a step back and I don't know about revelations as I've never touched that one. I personally don't enjoy having an open world but then being placed into very limiting nonsensical situations. Brotherhood was all up in that style. Drove me nuts.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
04-11-2012, 06:55 PM
(04-11-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 06:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fanboi. Angel

If I was a fanboy, I wouldn't agree about Revelation's utter failure. Said failure, however, is not the topic of the thread. AC III is a victory, and a really good comeback for the series.
Notice I didn't even hafta quote you to get the denial. What's that all about? Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Single most overrated game series out today.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-11-2012, 09:26 PM
(04-11-2012 09:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Single most overrated game series out today.

Actually, that would be COD.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
05-11-2012, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 02:54 PM by Logica Humano.)
(04-11-2012 06:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What about the freedom to choose? Like when confronted with a mission objective do they give you one clear way of doing it and shun all other attempts, or do they allow more freedom?

I noticed that in ac1 it was a do this, this way, sort of design, and with 2 they seemed to open up a bit more, and then brotherhood took a step back and I don't know about revelations as I've never touched that one. I personally don't enjoy having an open world but then being placed into very limiting nonsensical situations. Brotherhood was all up in that style. Drove me nuts.
AC III has different ways to approach your target. Some ways are more difficult than others, depending on your skill with any of the weapons you use. The only two linear assassinations I encountered was Haytham and Charles (the last two). Even then, with hunting down Charles, you have a lot of leeway in how you do so (not so much with Haytham).

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-11-2012, 02:57 PM
(04-11-2012 06:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If I was a fanboy, I wouldn't agree about Revelation's utter failure. Said failure, however, is not the topic of the thread. AC III is a victory, and a really good comeback for the series.
Notice I didn't even hafta quote you to get the denial. What's that all about? Tongue
Who else would you be addressing old man?

Poonjab
05-11-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 11:23 AM by lucradis.)
So a buddy has lent me his Xbox ac3. So far I Like the free running better and the delivery of the story. The graphics are about as good as brotherhood but different. I like the new setting though its not as easy to roof run.

I hate combat. I might like it eventually but the counter system feels very broken. Also reload almost never works.
Lots of graphical glitches already, but nothing game breaking at all.

I'm not far in yet. Will come back when.I get further.

Edit: I am now slightly further and am more comfortable with the counter system. It still seems fairly wonky but I can usually make it work. One thing that is horrible about it is that the counter button also makes you jump dodge/escape, so there are irritating in battle mistakes fairly often. I also dislike the guns, though it's just personal preference, there's nothing really wrong with them.
I am also realizing that this game is going to fuck me for the older ones. Not because it's better but because the controls are all different. He can, for the most part, do all the same shit but it's a different button than before.
Horse riding is better.
I've only just encountered the wild and so far the freerunning hasn't worked for me.

My favorite new addition is the sneaking through the bushes and peeking around corners. Blending is also handled fairly well.

I'm not sure what everyone was talking about with "bad pacing" or "super long tutorial" I like the pacing and have not witnessed much of a tutorial at all.

Will return with more info later.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
06-11-2012, 06:09 PM
So I am native now, and the nature free running works quite well. Apparently I just had to be native to climb trees.

The hunting is pretty cool, and I'm surprised I actually enjoy it. Though the quick time animal fights are fucking lame.

Maybe someone else who has played this game can fill me in on their experience with the counter system. Sometimes when using the slowed down counter system Conner will do a dash roll away, or he will just stand there and put his weapons away, leaving me open for attack. I am pretty confident that it is just a programming issue, but it could just be me.

Two other things added that I like:

Sometimes when engaged with multiple opponents some of the rifle men will line up and attempt to shoot you in the face, but if you are nearby another enemy you can grab them and use them as a human shield. I keep forgetting I can do this, but every time I have done it, it has worked without fail.

Health regeneration. Yes, it's less realistic, but the whole premise of the game is unrealistic and so I like not having to micromanage my health potions.

I do not like the item management screen. It sucks.