Assassin's Creed 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: Assassin's Creed 3
(04-11-2012 09:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 09:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Single most overrated game series out today.

Actually, that would be COD.
CoD single player yes. The multiplayer is actually the best FPS multiplayer IMO, followed closely by BF3.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 01:55 PM by Logica Humano.)
(06-11-2012 11:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 09:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Actually, that would be COD.
CoD single player yes. The multiplayer is actually the best FPS multiplayer IMO, followed closely by BF3.
No-ho-ho-ho-ho. Then again that would explain a lot.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
OMG ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 OMG GAMES OMG XBOX OMG GAMERS OMG!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2012, 07:10 PM
So I finished the game. It was ok. The series is definitely past it's best. Its painfully obvious that they are trying to drag the series out for as long as possible (the ending proves it). The free running is much better than the previous games, and sea battles are fun, it's ashame there is a limited number of them.

Few things that annoy me, roughly 40% of total sync is combination of collectables and multiplayer (something the series doesn't need), I'd prefer they used that for more single player content, and there are a fair few glitches that should have be sorted in testing, like being incognito, then for no reason you have soldiers attacking you, and the glitch where ammo randomly disappears leaving me with no arrows, bait and snares.

Fighting takes a bit of getting used to but I think it's an improvement.

The accents of most characters sound genuine. They actually got scots to do the Scottish accent which is a big plus Thumbsup because usualy in games it sounds like a bad Irish accent.

Overall I'd say it was a good game. Needs a few tweaks but that's what updates are for.
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
(08-11-2012 07:10 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The accents of most characters sound genuine. They actually got scots to do the Scottish accent which is a big plus Thumbsup because usualy in games it sounds like a bad Irish accent.
Wait. I thought the Scottish accent was badly sounding Irish. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I think you fucking played it too fast. I started before you so far as I know and you beat it first. I bet when you go to a restaurant you shovel the food in as fast as possible and then critique the food. I hope you play with women (or men as your preference is tbd) with a little more patience.

Also you smell.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
13-11-2012, 07:27 PM
So I've beaten it and I have a few more gripes.

Horse riding is annoying out in the wild. But unfortunately necessary during the winter segments due to travel by foot coming ot a crawl. I despised travel during winter, though it is very pretty.

All of the side missions should be easier to find because I'd like that better. all pretty minor annoyances overall, except for one thing I found very irritating. The assassin abilities are so awful and the menus are cumbersome making me pretty well never use them. I almost never even used the assassinate function which was the only valuable one to choose from.

I liked the game much more than brotherhood, and even more than AC2. The story was more approach ably told, and only really got dumb near the end. It's like they knew they had to end it so they just started cramming it in and skimming over stuff.

I like that I can still do stuff after the ending ala GTA, but there's a thing called pivots which are a pain to get. They are after game cheats you can find around the game and use, but you have to wait a bunch of time for them to be "scanned" before they appear to be found. So I find one and then wait five to ten minutes for the next one to appear.

Anyway, it's actually a good game, with some frustrating glitches peppered in for flavor. Not a stealth game at all. Unless you're hunting. Haven't done the multiplayer and won't likely as I don't have gold and have no intention of getting gold.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
30-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Xbox live gold is free for the weekend so I figured I should try the multiplayer.

It's fun albeit broken. The game is so glitchy that I've had numerous game defeating issues crop up on multiplay games. One of the most heinous is sometimes it just decides that there's no need to assign you anyone to assassinate or for you to be a target, thus ending your point streak and placing you in last as everyone else is playing around you and you just lay in some hay for five minutes or so.

The game is essentially cat and mouse. You are given other players as targets you have to kill, while being rewarded for more sneaky kills. All the while you are someone else's target. You need to either evade being murdered or knock out your pursuer. This part is actually kind of poorly implemented as it's often the case that you have either no one pursuing you or like four people pursuing you. If it's more than two people, especially on the smaller maps you're fuckin toast. While you are knocking out one two others will kill your ass. Meanwhile you're so worried about being offed my half the players you can't go for your target very effectively. It wouldn't be so bad, but since it always seems to be all or none the game can get a little irritating if you're trying to climb the score ladder. The skills within the multiplayer are pretty good though and seem fairly well thought out. Though I hate it when enemies use disguise, Dammit. Bastards. One thing that's irritating is sometimes there aren't any of your characters clones running around, which makes hiding much harder.

As for glitches, they are everywhere. Shit disappears, never getting a target or being a target... little stuff all over the place too. Also I have yet to figure out if there is just a small number of people playing it or if the games servers are just that shitty, but sometimes it can take forever to find a game. I'm not kidding in how long it can take. Yesterday I left it while it was searching because it had already been fifteen minutes, I went and made dinner while checking in ever once in a while... Then I turned it off because nothing happened.

But hey it's fun when it works. If you buy it used don't pay the ten bucks to play it online. (That's already horseshit IMO)