Assisted suicide advocate Doctor Jack Kevorkian dies at 83

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Sad Assisted suicide advocate Doctor Jack Kevorkian dies at 83
CBS News
June 3, 2011

[Image: jack_kevorkian_AP11060303595_fullwidth_244x183.jpg]Jack Kevorkian addresses an audience at Wayne State University in Detroit Nov. 29, 2007. (Credit: AP Photo)

(CBS/AP/WWJ) ROYAL OAK, Mich. Assisted suicide advocate Dr. Jack Kevorkian passed away early Friday morning at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, north of Detroit. (Full Article)

Goodbye, Doctor. Thank you for being Dr. Compassion and making sense of "Do no harm". Sad
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 02:34 AM

RE: Assisted suicide advocate Doctor Jack Kevorkian dies at 83
Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian was a right to die activist, painter, composer and instrumentalist. He is famous for publicly championing a terminal patient's right to die via physician-assisted suicide. He claimed that he had assisted at least 130 patients and he famously said that "dying is not a crime".

The freedom to die is just as imperative as the freedom to live. As humans, we are born with rights that have been established by both the government and society. Laws may change throughout our lives, but they are all founded under the same principles to uphold morals as well as to protect the human race. We are all born in this world, and we all die in this world. In the past few decades a death with dignity movement has taken place in some parts of the world, and recently, Hawaii might have Death with Dignity law too. I believe that people have motley reactions about death with dignity acts which are being established around the philosophy of the right to die. However, no matter how one differs in opinion of the law, it is still a basis in which everyone must adhere.

Indeed, Mr. Kevorkian death leaves a mark in history. For his supporters, he will be remembered for he was a humane hero who courageously fought for the rights of suffering people.
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: Assisted suicide advocate Doctor Jack Kevorkian dies at 83
A great man who stood for what he believed in regardless of those who rallied against him out of fear.

There is no way I want to live being wired to a machine, and to those who are about to say “Well if you where going to be in that situation you would say otherwise”
I was, and I didn’t.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply