Asteroid Almost Got Us.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: Asteroid Almost Got Us.....
God damn you Larry. You've really gone too far this time Angry

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
15-01-2017, 01:26 AM
It would be nice if it hitted on the second time, dying on the end of the world (as we know it) instead of a shitty disease or age would be way cooler.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
15-01-2017, 06:03 AM
I hate my species narcissism, no not all of my species attributes, we can be quite compassionate when we want to be, but it does piss me off how we are far too tribal love OBJECTS, like old books of myth and other objects, when something like this can kill us off like the dinosaurs yet we focus on religion and greed and OBJECTS.

We need to get the asshole 62 worldwide billionaires whom have the combined wealth of 3 billion humans to get world govs to stop investing in war and WEAPONS, and maybe spend some money trying to spot and deflect them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2017, 06:33 AM
And what caused the development of radar (to find the asteroid), advanced rocketry, and nuclear weapons (to alter an asteroid's path)??????

War.....

Ironic, eh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-01-2017, 10:15 AM
(15-01-2017 06:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And what caused the development of radar (to find the asteroid), advanced rocketry, and nuclear weapons (to alter an asteroid's path)??????

War.....

Ironic, eh???

Yes Just about all technology has its genesis in combat and/or war.
15-01-2017, 12:00 PM
(15-01-2017 06:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And what caused the development of radar (to find the asteroid), advanced rocketry, and nuclear weapons (to alter an asteroid's path)??????

War.....

Ironic, eh???

I'd say science and resources. War is just a proxy for the mobilization of resources.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
15-01-2017, 12:08 PM
(15-01-2017 12:00 PM)tomilay Wrote:  

War.....

Ironic, eh???

I'd say science and resources. War is just an incentive for the mobilization of resources.

fixed for ya...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Apophis is small enough that we can push it with current tech, should it be an issue in 2036.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post