Asteroid. Dammit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: Asteroid. Dammit.
(29-02-2012 04:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I will be living on the moon colony watching the damage of the Earth from orbit in a celebration knowing it will lead to an immediate collapse of the future of my futile outside life accomplishments.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

We need to elect Newt. Like right now. We're wasting time!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
29-02-2012, 05:31 PM
(29-02-2012 04:10 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 03:41 PM)Ben Wrote:  Possibilites:

1) They're wrong and it doesn't hit us.
2) It does hit us before we can deflect it.
3) At the last moment we detonate a nuclear bomb on the asteroid causing it to narrowly miss Earth.

Of all the possible scenarios, I really hope 3 happens. Big Grin

But if I have to, I'll settle for 1.

Silly, you forgot about:

4) aliens save us
5) aliens destroys us before the asteroid
6) we destroy ourselves before
7) the asteroid bounces us off orbit and instead of dying right away we go into a slow death tumbling into oblivion (well, I guess that would be a version of 2)
8) We all light the farts of the world in unison and push the Earth slightly out of the way
9) (do these have to be realistic... damn they do don't they? Well, since most aren't anyway) Jebus reaches down and plays catch with it and writes out "just messin' with you" in the stars
10) all of humanity believes its a space ship and drink the cool-aid.. except for one person who laughs until the asteroid hits 'em.
11) uh, beer? beer is the solution to everything, isn't it?

I definitely like Option 8!
In 2040 I will nearing the end of my life anyway so what a way to go!!!!
I suppose it depends on how much time we have to build an underground city as deflection sounds good but anything could go wrong.
Hmmmm

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
29-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh come on, look at the bright side. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
29-02-2012, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 09:23 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(29-02-2012 02:38 PM)KVron Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 02:26 PM)lucradis Wrote:  So apparently there is an asteroid. And it wants to come here and fuck shit up.

Asteroid of fucking shit up.

What do you think? I urge you to pretend that whether you think it will hit us or not, that it will indeed hit us if we don't punch it in the face.

But it will happen in 2040...
I don't care. We won't be here after December 21st... so don't worry.

Idk what you guys are smoking, but there is a legitimate possibility it could impact and Bruce Willis will be far too old to save us!
29-02-2012, 07:27 PM
No worries, folks. I was a pretty mean asteroid killer back in the day...

[Image: large_asteroids.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-02-2012, 07:56 PM
(29-02-2012 07:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  No worries, folks. I was a pretty mean asteroid killer back in the day...

yeah, yeah, probably hacked the score... not like I ever did that. Nope my scores were always legit.. except for a few... but I was young, I swear... Stop accusing me! you cheater! Confused

Ooh, there's an idea.. We can cheat. Bend space and the like. I mean we have to only be a few thousand years behind in our technology.. oh, nevermind. stupid dark ages.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Check out this badboy.

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

Quote:To avert a possible catastrophe – this time set for February 2013 – scientists suggest confronting asteroid 2012 DA14 with either paint or big guns. The stickler is that time has long run out to build a spaceship to carry out the operation.

­NASA's data shows the 60-meter asteroid, spotted by Spanish stargazers in February, will whistle by Earth in 11 months. Its trajectory will bring it within a hair’s breadth of our planet, raising fears of a possible collision.

The asteroid, known as DA14, will pass by our planet in February 2013 at a distance of under 27,000 km (16,700 miles). This is closer than the geosynchronous orbit of some satellites.

I honestly dont give a fuck either way........ aint gonna stop me from enjoying my life and im glad ive given up visiting conspiracy sites as they will be fearmongering over this shit bigtime.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Sometimes fear is the appropriate response
-1 from the movie 9

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 03:18 AM
(29-02-2012 04:26 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 04:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I will be living on the moon colony watching the damage of the Earth from orbit in a celebration knowing it will lead to an immediate collapse of the future of my futile outside life accomplishments.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will hit the moon instead... which may play with our orbit as well, but it will probably definitely mess up our tides which may be even a slower death. It might buy us some time though... to do... something.

The moon gets hit by shit way more often than the Earth. Go atmosphere!