Astology B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Thumbs Down Astology B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
I have been seeing advertisements for zodiac symbols and horoscopes for quite a while now. Being a skeptic I was never a fan of not giving things a try, however this could not pass the test. There are inaccuracies for it. Before I go on the zodiac website I went to did have some things accurate. But the rest not so much. Lets take some examples. The website said that I am an Aquarius. Here are the incorrect traits of the website.

"Charismatic marks:
Highly attractive, striking eyes, angular face, slender figure."

This is the first error. All of the traits listed here I do not have. I can't even attract a drunk person, my eyes are brown and boring. my face is round, and I am large(in muscle) relative to people in my age range.

"Suitable careers include teaching, writing, acting, piloting or photography."

Second error. I can't act, can't right, I can't teach, and i can't even take a picture of a wall without screwing it up.

"Favorite Color: Turquoise"

Third error. My favorite color is RED

However, they usually make wonderful first impressions.

Fourth error. I leave horrible first impressions I bore people.

"Most importantly, one must be open and communicative to ensure a lasting and fulfilling relationship with those born under the Aquarius sign."

Fifth error. I can't even get in a relationship with a loose women who drank something with ruffies in it.

I could go on but the post would be to long. If you don't like what I have to say meet James Randi, and remember Astronomy is better the Astrology

http://www.bzodiac.com/zodiac-signs/aqua...diac-sign/

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Astology B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
My knowledge of astrology and their dates helped us win a round at trivia the other night. Unfortunately, we sucked at the rest and came in 6th place....

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
07-03-2014, 07:42 PM
(07-03-2014 07:36 PM)aquaquilter Wrote:  My knowledge of astrology and their dates helped us win a round at trivia the other night. Unfortunately, we sucked at the rest and came in 6th place....

I would have used science, but don't worry you will get them next time.

09-03-2014, 03:27 AM
I looked at mine.

Incorrect items colored red, correct colored green, actual info colored blue.

Favorite Color: Sea-Green
Red, mother fucker
Strengths:
Perceptive, caring, artistically and musically inclined, good-natured, sensible
I don't think making images in SourceFilmMaker is exactly the most artistic thing you can do, and I suck at music writing so...
Weaknesses:
Fanciful, gullible, timid, a victim of their ideals, easily depressed
What the hell does most of that mean? Also, the gullible thing ended a long time ago, and the depression only starts at legitimate reasons.

Charismatic marks:
Tender, small or medium frame, very expressive face
I'm a chubby babyface and my expressions aren't exactly that diverse.
Anything with a spiritual dimension, graphic material, solitude, music, romance
To the solitude thing I'm halvsies on. For the rest of the green, who doesn't like those things?

Dislikes:
Smart-alecks, being affected by their past, criticism, meanness

I accept those things because they're fucking helpful, jerkasses.

Best environment:
Coastal area or places overlooking the sea
I actually would prefer city areas.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
09-03-2014, 03:46 AM
I'd say something here, but I fit the Libra description to a T, so I'll just let you guys have at it. Tongue
09-03-2014, 04:57 AM
As an Aries, some of the "Aries traits" do fit me, but anyone with even an little bit of critical thinking ability can see that the traits of each sign (or whatever other nonsense label) will apply to virtually everybody in the fucking world.

Actually, a few years ago another sign was introduced into the western zodiac that should have completely fucked every believers birth chart up.......but no, Astrology enthusiasts carry on like nothing happened!Rolleyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus_(astrology)
09-03-2014, 08:56 AM
It's funny you bring this topic up because I just watched a marathon of Cosmos on the NatGeo network and Carl Sagan grabbed two New York newspapers, turned to the horoscopes and read them horizontally (like Bart Ehrman does with the gospels) and showed just how vague and different the corresponding entries were. Basically he said competing newspaper astrology columnists that reside across the street from each other can't even get similar details for their horoscope signs, much less make accurate descriptions. He used this as a vehicle to describe how astrology was the precursor to astronomy. How ridiculous is it that people believe EVERYONE born today will have the EXACT same traits and personalities. Such pathetic believers.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Astrology is bullshit but girls who believe in it are nice to bang.
09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
BTW: The video with James Randi debunking the astrologer in England with Hugh Lawrie cracked me up because the reading the phony gave perfectly fits Lawrie's most famous character Dr. House. That made me laugh.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
(09-03-2014 09:00 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Astrology is bullshit but girls who believe in it are nice to bang.

Just lie and say that you are the astrological match Big Grin