Astrology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Astrology
(04-05-2013 06:20 AM)purpulepurpose Wrote:  Here the program that I use, its on Russian site. Program has language button on right upper corner. Add your data, and planet list will be created in bottom. By pressing on planets name description will be shown based on planets position.
http://astro-club.net/index/0-56
If its not hard for you give feedback on how accurate it is.

Pretty crap.

Quote:You are a sensitive person who can depend on feelings and intuition to get around in life. Possessing good common sense, you are practical and down-to-earth - mothering and protective to all. Security is important. You also love cooking, growing things, and music.
Well.. no. I don't enjoy cooking or growing things. Music... sorta. I like listening to music, s'bout it though.

And I'm well known for being oblivious to other people's feelings.

Quote:You love a social life - friends and relationships play a major role in your makeup. Close bonds (marriage, yoga) are important to you.

Nope, something of a loner actually.

Quote:You have strong, stable emotions and tend to draw around you the perfect environment for your upbringing. The thing you need is always at hand. In addition, you get much support and good fortune from friends and relatives. You value constancy and security in all things and possess a good business sense. You are, by nature, domestic and enjoy pleasant surroundings.

BAHAHAHA!
Quote:You look to home and family for support and encouragement. History (personal or otherwise) interests you, and you tend toward nostalgia. Security is important and you need to have real roots in order to be productive.
Only hit here is I do enjoy history.
Otherwise, I actually do better in an environment that's constantly changing.

Quote:Yours is a lightning wit. You somehow know everything about everybody. Curious, you love finding things out - speculating, investigating. You are clever but not known for your deep thinking, and any and all kinds of communication satisfy. You are always exploring, testing. Debates, games, and puzzles please you. Quick.

Yeah, no. My wit is not quick, and I'm actually known for thinking overly deep about things. And really only interested in deep discussions, not topical ones.

Quote:You are skilled at using your mind in an analytical manner, always discriminating. An expert at quality control, you can spot the bad apples every time. You may be skilful when it comes to health-related matters (mental or physical).
While I do identify as a skeptic, lots of things tend to get by me that others pick up.

Quote:You are friendly indeed, love to communicate and to have deep, searching conversations. You appreciate change, variety, and making local connections. You have many avenues to explore and you love research. You are not too domestic, and loyalty is not a big issue. On the move, you have many different friends and places to go.
Well, I'm not unfriendly. And doesn't this contradict the above?
I have few friends but I'm loyal to a fault.

Quote:You like to do things with care and enjoy being discriminating and exact. Your critical faculties are excellent, and you can always pick out what is worth saving and what is not. You appreciate a caring attitude and are service-oriented.
Not really, tend to be a bit fly by the pants really.

Quote:You have a sense of true understanding and real sacrifice. Dedication to long-range goals, you are future-oriented. Intuitive, you have an inner drive for all that's psychological, religious, and mystical. Artistic too. You are sensitive and can get lost in the clouds on occasion. You are not too logical or practical.
Actually my problem at the moment stems from me being pretty much goal less and lack of a real drive for anything.
And uh... skeptical atheist. Seriously.

Quote:A relentless drive to pursue knowledge, to search, research, and follow out leads and pointers. You are motivated when it comes to communications of all forms - phone, voice, letters, computers, and the like.
Yeah ok. Except phones. I hate phones with a passion.
Quote:You have a green thumb in many areas, able to cultivate and nurture almost any subject. Making money is second nature, and you are able to field ideas and bring forth growth and success. A steady worker, you could also be a backer or money man. Accumulation.
Yeah, no. Dead broke and handle money slightly better than a drunk man in a strip club.
Quote:You could be successful working with creativity and self-expression through the arts and theatre, in sports, or with the ultimate self-expression, children. You may find yourself a guide and teacher to others when it comes to these matters.
Nope, clean miss.

Quote:There could be difficulty with long-term goals and philosophies. You don't trust them. Nearsighted, with your nose to the grindstone, you need to travel and explore the length and breadth of the mind and world. Open up. Learn to value freedom, frankness, independence. Look up!

Uh... maybe. But again, this contradicts what is above.

Quote:You are serious when it comes to self-sacrifice and doing all you can to make things easier for other people. You pursue psychology, the human psyche, and things mystical. You are quite painstaking when it comes to giving and helping others.
I don't pursue psychology or mystical things.
I do go out of my way to help people.

Quote:You have new philosophies, ideas for the future and new approaches to travel and exploration (of all kinds). Long journeys interest you. You may startle others with your direct conversations, always getting right to the point. You enjoy being alone, free, and on the move. The original optimist.
Bundle of stuff here.
No. Do enjoy traveling. No.
Yes.
I'm sort of a pessimistic optimist.

I could go on but the rest of it's like that. Lots of internally inconsistent stuff that would also seem to apply to lots of people.
The nice thing with their method is with lots of different categories listing simmilar or different things, posting it without commentary would have mostly the same points stick out in there.

Oh last bit:

Quote:You have a quiet, steady and patient disposition.
On camera I do, otherwsie I have a terrible and short temper.

Link to my results: link

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Purpose, did astrology correctly predict the last time you got a rimjob?

If not, why bother with it?

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-05-2013, 08:36 AM
(05-05-2013 01:19 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Purpose, did astrology correctly predict the last time you got a rimjob?

If not, why bother with it?

Yeah, it doesn't seem very practical.

Even if accurately described your personality, couldn't you just, you know, describe your own personality without its help? Ask a close friend or relative to describe your personality? What the hell use it is to have a web program tell you things you already know about yourself, mixed with vague shit that applies to most of humanity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
05-05-2013, 08:59 AM
(04-05-2013 08:52 AM)cufflink Wrote:  You can denigrate the noble science of astrology all you like, but just tell me these astrological descriptions aren't accurate:

Aquarius (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18) Although called the Waterbearer, Aquarians are an air sign. Right off the bat they are confused. Headstrong and over-indulgent, Aquarians are big babies with absolutely no ability to deal with money. Most people on welfare fall under the sign of the waterbearer. Children adore you because you will never grow up to become a functioning member of society. The federal and state prisons are overcrowded because Aquarians tend to turn toward crime. You are almost always addicted to alcohol or narcotics, but your sleazy form of charm fools those lesser mortals you surround yourself with. Summary: You are a failure. Everyone hates you.

Source. (Slightly copy-edited)

Mock it, if you must. But those descriptions are uncannily accurate descriptions. WeepingWeeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
(05-05-2013 08:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 08:52 AM)cufflink Wrote:  You can denigrate the noble science of astrology all you like, but just tell me these astrological descriptions aren't accurate:

Aquarius (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18) Although called the Waterbearer, Aquarians are an air sign. Right off the bat they are confused. Headstrong and over-indulgent, Aquarians are big babies with absolutely no ability to deal with money. Most people on welfare fall under the sign of the waterbearer. Children adore you because you will never grow up to become a functioning member of society. The federal and state prisons are overcrowded because Aquarians tend to turn toward crime. You are almost always addicted to alcohol or narcotics, but your sleazy form of charm fools those lesser mortals you surround yourself with. Summary: You are a failure. Everyone hates you.

Source. (Slightly copy-edited)

Mock it, if you must. But those descriptions are uncannily accurate descriptions. WeepingWeeping

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of those descriptions really are uncanny in their accuracy. Spooky.

I'm a Virgo.

Virgo (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22). The Virgin. (That’s a laugh!) You will have sex with anything, moving or not, however much you pretend to be pure, chaste and trustworthy. As an earth sign you have plenty of dirt between your ears. You complain and moan about everything; nothing is ever good enough. If you have children, they will grow up to be serial killers. You are tightfisted with money and disappear when the check arrives. You have a tendency toward addiction and often drink to excess. This leads to promiscuity with other people's spouses. Summary: You are a wild sex machine, everyone hates you.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
05-05-2013, 02:28 PM
(05-05-2013 01:49 PM)cufflink Wrote:  size=medium]You are a wild sex machine[/size], everyone hates you.

I couldn't figure this one out either. WTF ? Everyone *loves* a wild sex machine.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-05-2013, 03:40 PM
(05-05-2013 02:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 01:49 PM)cufflink Wrote:  You are a wild sex machine, everyone hates you.

I couldn't figure this one out either. WTF ? Everyone *loves* a wild sex machine.

See, when I read that part, I interpreted it as the person screws animals and dead bodies ("You will have sex with anything, moving or not"), and society tends to frown on that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2013, 03:44 PM
(05-05-2013 03:40 PM)amyb Wrote:  See, when I read that part, I interpreted it as the person screws animals and dead bodies ("You will have sex with anything, moving or not"), and society tends to frown on that.
Laughat

Nah, it's envy. Trust me, I know.

I mean, that's what the robots tell me.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
05-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Things I have learned about amyb: she notices formatting errors Big Grin Well I'm not fixing it Smile Muhahahaha!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-05-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 02:15 AM by Luminon.)
(03-05-2013 03:21 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Does this guy realize that astrology is based off of the idea that Earth is at the center of the solar system and ignores asteroids and minor planets like Ceres?
No, astrology is not based on geocentric solar system. It is based on Earth, because both astrologers and their clients live on Earth, not Sun.

Btw,
http://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/aster.html
https://www.google.cz/search?q=astrology...e&ie=UTF-8

Just because it's not science doesn't mean you can turn off your brain completely. It can be actually a very complex non-science (not pretending to be science) with many laws, rules, principles, archetypes, and links to psychology and history. You are referring to a straw man for the most part, an "astrology" based on approximate position of the Sun and ignoring all the other planets, houses and aspects between them.
That's about as accurate as saying that atheism is the religion of Satan worship.