Astronaut Building Lego Spacestation in ISS Spacestation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2012, 01:35 AM
RE: Astronaut Building Lego Spacestation in ISS Spacestation
I've long thought it fascinating that there could be other forms of life "out there" in the universe. When thinking of how big the universe is, there just has to be more life somewhere out there. As fascinating as that line of thinking is.. I sometimes wonder -what if there's not? I mean what's a more intriguing idea-- the finding of life on other worlds or the goal of life ad infinitum? Given that we are all products of evolution, does it stand to reckon that sentient, sapient life forms will always result? Perhaps not. Should it be our duty to see that life *in whatever form* is somehow passed off of this island to another if we can make it happen? If so, space travel is surely in the cards don't you think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
10-03-2012, 02:13 AM
(10-03-2012 01:35 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Should it be our duty to see that life *in whatever form* is somehow passed off of this island to another if we can make it happen? If so, space travel is surely in the cards don't you think?

I agree, not just because of the sense of sci-fi adventure and wonder the image of space colonization evokes in me, but because for Homo Sapiens to propagate themselves and perhaps evolve into something new, they will have to face new Natural Selection challenges and since we've already adapted to this earth, it makes sense that one day humanity could move to other planets and continue our innate adaptation.

Please excuse the aforegoing run-on sentence.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2012, 02:19 AM
(10-03-2012 01:35 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I've long thought it fascinating that there could be other forms of life "out there" in the universe. When thinking of how big the universe is, there just has to be more life somewhere out there. As fascinating as that line of thinking is.. I sometimes wonder -what if there's not? I mean what's a more intriguing idea-- the finding of life on other worlds or the goal of life ad infinitum? Given that we are all products of evolution, does it stand to reckon that sentient, sapient life forms will always result? Perhaps not. Should it be our duty to see that life *in whatever form* is somehow passed off of this island to another if we can make it happen? If so, space travel is surely in the cards don't you think?

We already have the means to travel to another star if we wanted to. The fact is, we just don't want to badly enough. It would cost billions upon billions to build the space colony ship, which is actually the easy part. The hard part is finding people willing to live on a ship for the rest of their lives, whilst also procreating with specific people. Then after a few generations they might actually get to the solar system that we though might be able to sustain life. Then the stupidly hard part would be to actually manage to get in orbit of said planet, so that you might be able to eventually land on it. Then you are pretty much stuck there, no matter the conditions.

Anyways, thats about the extent of our ability to explore the universe atm and likely forever.
10-03-2012, 04:01 AM
I can say that I would always defend the subject and am on the same stance as Neil deGrasse Tyson

The saddest part of this video where he is speaking to the senate committee is that only 4 of the 22 members of the committee were present.