Asymmetrical Warfare

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Asymmetrical Warfare
(13-04-2013 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  One is a Republic, theoretically using democracy to appoint leaders to a Legal governing body that, theoretically, uses the people's power and resources to conduct actions that are theoretically intended to protect aforesaid Republic.

The other is a few soccer hooligans who get drunk and wanna tear shit up.

*Democratic Republic

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 05:58 PM
(25-04-2013 01:59 PM)DerekS Wrote:  Want to stop terrorism? Leave them the fuck alone.

Cause once the holy war is over, and everyone left alive is a follower of Islam... There will be peace. Rolleyes
25-04-2013, 05:59 PM
(25-04-2013 01:59 PM)DerekS Wrote:  Asymmetrical Warfare is designed to strike at the psyche. America hates Asymmetrical Warfare because its a tactic that they can't counter with overwhelming force, and its kicking our asses. We're used to being the biggest and best war machine on the planet, but we can't quell a rather small group of fighters because they know how to fight us.

Want to stop terrorism? Leave them the fuck alone.

It's not kicking our asses, it is giving us the perception that they are kicking our asses.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Exactly. It is also giving the enemy the perception that it's working, which is equally important.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
25-04-2013, 06:30 PM
(25-04-2013 05:54 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  One is a Republic, theoretically using democracy to appoint leaders to a Legal governing body that, theoretically, uses the people's power and resources to conduct actions that are theoretically intended to protect aforesaid Republic.

The other is a few soccer hooligans who get drunk and wanna tear shit up.

*Democratic Republic

The US is a representative republic.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
26-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't really hate suicide bombers so much as I figure that they are a hopeless lot. I mean, if the best thing these guys can think of is to blow themselves up, then they are beyond ever being able to win no matter what kind of resources they have at their disposal. And while the Taliban might be Guerillas with a lot of countryside support, they are so stupid that they'll never win. For example, the Taliban idea of rifle marksmanship is screaming "Allah Snackbar" and firing into the air from the hip. Losers one and all.

Now...the ones to fear - and the ones American military really loathes - are the accomplished Guerillas. These are the soldiers who train themselves and who are not suicidal. They can accept a defeat and come back and fight another day. They are patient and pick their battles wisely. They cultivate and hold the support of the populace. We haven't seen this Guerilla type in the Muslim world, but they do exist in Asia and Latin America.
26-04-2013, 08:10 PM
If you do not hate suicide bombers then who do you reserve your hate for?

The one's you should be worried about are the ones who will do you and your loved ones personal harm: Suicide bombers, those that do not value their own lives. Your military will handle the Taliban and the guerrillas. They will do it "over there". Speaking of the Taliban, you do realize that they are as strong as ever 10 years into engagement with the most powerful military that the world has ever known. Stupid goat-herders eh?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
26-04-2013, 08:55 PM
(26-04-2013 08:10 PM)Heathen Wrote:  If you do not hate suicide bombers then who do you reserve your hate for?

The one's you should be worried about are the ones who will do you and your loved ones personal harm: Suicide bombers, those that do not value their own lives. Your military will handle the Taliban and the guerrillas. They will do it "over there". Speaking of the Taliban, you do realize that they are as strong as ever 10 years into engagement with the most powerful military that the world has ever known. Stupid goat-herders eh?

You would have been a great Military Officer in Vietnam....and you probably would have been frragged.

You don't get it, do you? The Taliban qua Taliban are no threat to America...so why speak of them? And the Suicide Bombers that we are taught to fear so much can be handled via immigration policy. It's pretty simple. No need for hysterics. No need for Global Conflict.
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
26-04-2013, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 09:22 PM by Heathen.)
I agree, the Taliban are not much of a threat to America. (at present) And yet your country seems to have invested a lot of blood and money fighting them.

But you also dismissed suicide bombers. Seems to me that if your main concern is those who can do you real harm on your own soil, that suicide bombers are a very real threat. It has been well proven in Europe and in fact in America, that suicide bombers are a very real and present danger. Yet you seem unconcerned about them. Strange...

On the other hand, you said what you do fear:
Quote:Now...the ones to fear - and the ones American military really loathes - are the accomplished Guerillas. These are the soldiers who train themselves and who are not suicidal. They can accept a defeat and come back and fight another day. They are patient and pick their battles wisely. They cultivate and hold the support of the populace. We haven't seen this Guerilla type in the Muslim world, but they do exist in Asia and Latin America.

Not seen the guerrilla type in the Muslim world?! WTF do you think that the Taliban are? And yet you just finished telling us that:

Quote:they are so stupid that they'll never win. For example, the Taliban idea of rifle marksmanship is screaming "Allah Snackbar" and firing into the air from the hip. Losers one and all.

If I may, it seems that your only fear is a guerrilla force actually invading American soil. You can rest easy. Ain't gonna happen.

26-04-2013, 09:37 PM
When arguments on this forum have ended; we'll know humanity loves itself too much to allow harm to it's individual members here, at least. If you're going to mesh the natural need to impale hurters of your own, & rapers of other's loved ones...those who kill (and enjoy it) to bring civilians to heaven, and those who kill in order not to die on a battle field so that their children know them as living, not holy martyres... is GREAT. I don't want to die. BUT I WILL to save my baby!!! If the utterly impossible scenario hit me that I'd have to kill innocents to save "me -n- mine"........I'd actually have to count!!!!
Suicide bombers don't have to "count"!!!