At What Point Are You Dead?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: At What Point Are You Dead?
(17-02-2014 01:56 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  At first, it may seem a simple question. It may seem instinctive. There are famous cases where governments have declared people this or that with legal and philosophical ramifications that make the press. So, when are you dead? Is it when you the ability to breathe? What about a permanent with machines forcing you to breath? Is it when you lose consciousnesses? We all do this on a nightly basis. What about when your last cell dies? Cells die by the billions and many are replaced even as you read this. Besides that, some may live days after you are buried. At what point am I dead?

You never really do die. You either Go to heaven in paradise or burn in hell for all eternity.

Laughat Get the fuck outta here.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 03:32 PM
(17-02-2014 03:26 PM)Logisch Wrote:  What if you transplant your brain into an organic fluid that is kept alive artificially with no body and you're plugged into a simulation?

If you're brain dead, that isn't going to work.

You'd have to do it before your body wears out.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-02-2014, 03:33 PM
(17-02-2014 03:05 PM)Caveman Wrote:  When your body has used up all it's energy and cannot create any more.
DOES ANYONE EVEN NOTICE THE FLAW IN THIS? YOU HAVE NO SET QUOTA OF ENERGY AND YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CREATING ENERGY WHEN YOU CONSUME MATTER! YOUR BODY DOES NOT JUST LOOSE ENERGY AS YOU GROW OLDER. YOU ACTUALLY PRODUCE MORE WHEN YOU GO INTO ADOLESCENCE. A BABY ACTUALLY HAS LESS ENERGY THEN WHEN YOU WERE A TEEN, BECAUSE A BABY NEEDS LESS ENERGY BECAUSE OF IT'S BODY SIZE.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 03:38 PM
(17-02-2014 03:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:26 PM)Logisch Wrote:  What if you transplant your brain into an organic fluid that is kept alive artificially with no body and you're plugged into a simulation?

If you're brain dead, that isn't going to work.

No no, kept alive. Not brain dead. Plugged into a simulator.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-02-2014, 03:40 PM
(17-02-2014 03:33 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:05 PM)Caveman Wrote:  When your body has used up all it's energy and cannot create any more.
DOES ANYONE EVEN NOTICE THE FLAW IN THIS? YOU HAVE NO SET QUOTA OF ENERGY AND YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CREATING ENERGY WHEN YOU CONSUME MATTER! YOUR BODY DOES NOT JUST LOOSE ENERGY AS YOU GROW OLDER. YOU ACTUALLY PRODUCE MORE WHEN YOU GO INTO ADOLESCENCE. A BABY ACTUALLY HAS LESS ENERGY THEN WHEN YOU WERE A TEEN, BECAUSE A BABY NEEDS LESS ENERGY BECAUSE OF IT'S BODY SIZE.

THAT'S GREAT MAN. WRITING FULL CAPPS WILL NOT HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR POINT COME ACROSS ANY BETTER

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
17-02-2014, 03:58 PM
(17-02-2014 03:40 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:33 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  DOES ANYONE EVEN NOTICE THE FLAW IN THIS? YOU HAVE NO SET QUOTA OF ENERGY AND YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CREATING ENERGY WHEN YOU CONSUME MATTER! YOUR BODY DOES NOT JUST LOOSE ENERGY AS YOU GROW OLDER. YOU ACTUALLY PRODUCE MORE WHEN YOU GO INTO ADOLESCENCE. A BABY ACTUALLY HAS LESS ENERGY THEN WHEN YOU WERE A TEEN, BECAUSE A BABY NEEDS LESS ENERGY BECAUSE OF IT'S BODY SIZE.

THAT'S GREAT MAN. WRITING FULL CAPPS WILL NOT HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR POINT COME ACROSS ANY BETTER

LIES!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-02-2014, 04:03 PM
(17-02-2014 03:38 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  If you're brain dead, that isn't going to work.

No no, kept alive. Not brain dead. Plugged into a simulator.

Ahh, the Matrix. Cool ! Cool

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
17-02-2014, 04:19 PM
(17-02-2014 03:58 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:40 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  THAT'S GREAT MAN. WRITING FULL CAPPS WILL NOT HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR POINT COME ACROSS ANY BETTER

LIES!

It's a attention attract-or.
Psychology, hitches.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 04:22 PM
(17-02-2014 03:58 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 03:40 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  THAT'S GREAT MAN. WRITING FULL CAPPS WILL NOT HELP YOU IN MAKING YOUR POINT COME ACROSS ANY BETTER

LIES!

SAYS THE FULL CAPPS USER !

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
17-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Well once you get cremated I'm pretty sure you are dead at that point.