At What Point Did Christians Decide That The Bible Isn't Meant To Be Taken Literally?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: At What Point Did Christians Decide That The Bible Isn't Meant To Be Taken Literally?
(16-06-2014 07:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 06:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why do you ask this?

Never mind. I see you are.
(Did you fry your brain on drugs ? Is THAT what you want to PM people about ?)

So, is your intent to see how many idiotic inane questions you can ask ?

You are aware that any theist that speaks Arabic believes in Allah, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Deist etc. etc.

You are aware that Allah is Arabic for God, correct?

I did not want to assume he was speaking of Islam, because he could have been speaking about any of the above religions.

And since I do not want to be labeled as "presumptuous", I did not assume he was talking about Islam.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: At What Point Did Christians Decide That The Bible Isn't Meant To Be Taken Literally?
(16-06-2014 06:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 11:29 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Yeah, because if an omnipotent god wanted to communicate something, it would make us jump through all those hoops just to figure out what the hell it was saying. Dodgy

Especially when your possible eternity in hell depends on it. Dodgy

God has made it very clear to us what we must do if we desire to have eternal life.

We must believe in His Son Jesus.

That is clear, concise, and anyone can do it. Thus, this is about as far from jumping through hoops as I can imagine.
Bible: irrelevant
Ten Commandments: irrelevant
Murder, rape, steal, but believe in Jesus and you get eternal life.

Got it. Thumbsup

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-06-2014, 07:15 PM
(16-06-2014 07:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Thirdly, even if every Christian believed that the apocrypha was inspired except for myself, it does not follow that the apocrypha is inspired.

Thanks for admitting you make up your own shit, and believe it no matter what anyone says. Do you know the definition of psychotic ? That's actually VERY VERY "non-Christian". Community authentication was the method for the determination of heresy. You really are a loony-tune.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-06-2014, 07:16 PM
(16-06-2014 06:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 06:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Are you retarded ?

Why do you ask this?

Fucking hilarious. Little Jeremy don't know what an Abrahamic religion is. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all worship the same God. Islam even recognizes Jesus as a Prophet. Poor little ignorant fella.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-06-2014, 07:19 PM
(16-06-2014 07:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 06:30 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God has made it very clear to us what we must do if we desire to have eternal life.

We must believe in His Son Jesus.

That is clear, concise, and anyone can do it. Thus, this is about as far from jumping through hoops as I can imagine.
Bible: irrelevant
Ten Commandments: irrelevant
Murder, rape, steal, but believe in Jesus and you get eternal life.

Got it. Thumbsup

Jesus came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
16-06-2014, 07:21 PM
(16-06-2014 07:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  1. You are aware that any theist that speaks Arabic believes in Allah, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Deist etc. etc.

2. You are aware that Allah is Arabic for God, correct?

3. I did not want to assume he was speaking of Islam, because he could have been speaking about any of the above religions.

And since I do not want to be labeled as "presumptuous", I did not assume he was talking about Islam.

Are you on drugs ?
First you say "You are aware that any theist that speaks Arabic believes in Allah, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Deist etc. etc."

Then you follow it with a total non sequitur question. (How idiotic do you think we are). If your assertions in 1 and 2 is what you think, then why would you have to follow with the question in 3.

You're blowing smoke out your ass, Germey. Get help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-06-2014, 07:23 PM
(16-06-2014 06:45 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 06:44 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Sure why not, or any other god that isn't yours.

What about these gods?

What are you asking?

What makes the bible superior to the quaran?

[you have to work with him, no matter how frustrating it gets...]

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
16-06-2014, 07:24 PM
(16-06-2014 07:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 07:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  1. You are aware that any theist that speaks Arabic believes in Allah, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Deist etc. etc.

2. You are aware that Allah is Arabic for God, correct?

3. I did not want to assume he was speaking of Islam, because he could have been speaking about any of the above religions.

Are you on drugs ?
First you say "You are aware that any theist that speaks Arabic believes in Allah, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Deist etc. etc."

Then you follow it with a total non sequitur question. (How idiotic do you think we are). If your assertions in 1 and 2 is what you think, then why would you have to follow with the question in 3.

You're blowing smoke out your ass, Germey. Get help.

Allah is Arabic for God.

You should know this.

So in order not to be presumptuous, I simply asked for clarification from pablo about what he was asking.

Is this hard for you to comprehend sir?
16-06-2014, 07:25 PM
(16-06-2014 07:23 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 06:45 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What about these gods?

What are you asking?

What makes the bible superior to the quaran?

Are you asking what makes the Bible the Inspired word of God and not the Quran?
16-06-2014, 07:28 PM
(16-06-2014 07:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 07:23 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  What makes the bible superior to the quaran?

Are you asking what makes the Bible the Inspired word of God and not the Quran?

You almost got through to him that time BBB. It's like watching an Abbott & Costello routine.