At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 11:43 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there didn't use to be many active shooters. People who didn't like what was going on started huge demonstrations and sit-ins then.
Maybe that fad is over Undecided

I think becoming a fad is what spoiled its effectiveness. It's like forming up to protest something is step one, and deciding what today's protest will be against is step two. It's just a thing that people who want to define themselves as intellectuals do, and the crying wolf effect has indeed come into play. Now when people say they're going on a hunger strike or something I'm just like neat, how original. Have fun.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Here's what I don't get. I just watched the news conference, and some of the following news reporting recap...

How can the news media say the police or FBI confirmed things they actually didn't confirm and said they were still investigating?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-12-2015, 12:33 PM
It's hard to monetize "we don't know". Much easier to generate viewership when it sounds like you have the scoop on everyone else, including the cops.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
03-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Just saw on CNN that this terrorist ass wipe had been communicating with other known international terrorists. He spent a month in the middle East very recently. His neighbors had observed suspicious behavior like many packages being delivered and several men working in the garage late at night. They didn't want to report it to authorities because they didn't want to be labeled "racist."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
(03-12-2015 12:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's hard to monetize "we don't know". Much easier to generate viewership when it sounds like you have the scoop on everyone else, including the cops.

This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I don't want to hear what they think happened, according to their "sources" who might be right, wrong, pulling shit from their ass or making lucky guesses. I want to know what actually happened, what we can prove and let the investigation continue.

03-12-2015, 12:39 PM
(03-12-2015 12:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I don't want to hear what they think happened, according to their "sources" who might be right, wrong, pulling shit from their ass or making lucky guesses. I want to know what actually happened, what we can prove and let the investigation continue.

I didn't realize you're a communist who hates our free market system.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-12-2015, 12:42 PM
(03-12-2015 12:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 12:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's hard to monetize "we don't know". Much easier to generate viewership when it sounds like you have the scoop on everyone else, including the cops.

This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I don't want to hear what they think happened, according to their "sources" who might be right, wrong, pulling shit from their ass or making lucky guesses. I want to know what actually happened, what we can prove and let the investigation continue.

You can still pull useful information from even the most blatantly dishonest sources. And this isn't just in regards to news, but people in general. Nothing should ever be considered true just because someone said it. Anything you hear is merely a piece of a puzzle. You may never complete that puzzle, but more often than not It's still all you've got to work with.

'Murican Canadian
03-12-2015, 12:53 PM
(03-12-2015 12:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 12:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I don't want to hear what they think happened, according to their "sources" who might be right, wrong, pulling shit from their ass or making lucky guesses. I want to know what actually happened, what we can prove and let the investigation continue.

You can still pull useful information from even the most blatantly dishonest sources. And this isn't just in regards to news, but people in general. Nothing should ever be considered true just because someone said it. Anything you hear is merely a piece of a puzzle. You may never complete that puzzle, but more often than not It's still all you've got to work with.

I understand that, but it should be corroborated by other sources (not by Bob and his friend Jim, who just agrees with whatever Bob says) and then confirmed by police, FBI, or whatever angency in the position to confirm it.

Until then, what they shouldn't be just put out there for public consumption unless they make it clear it's their opinion.

If all they're going to do is sit around, chat and speculate the motive, they should really move on to other news -- or continue to recap what they actually do know and leave the investigation to....I don't know, the people doing it?

I'm just annoyed and cranky.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-12-2015, 12:54 PM
(03-12-2015 12:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  

I didn't realize you're a communist who hates our free market system.

Dodgy

03-12-2015, 12:56 PM
(03-12-2015 12:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just saw on CNN that this terrorist ass wipe had been communicating with other known international terrorists. He spent a month in the middle East very recently. His neighbors had observed suspicious behavior like many packages being delivered and several men working in the garage late at night. They didn't want to report it to authorities because they didn't want to be labeled "racist."

Weird. Being racist never stopped you. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel