At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 02:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not sure how this is the NRA's fault??? '& Background checks are completely useless to prevent mass shootings.

Quite the quandary the citizens are in if we want to prevent future incidents.

If weapons are readily available and background checks are completely useless the US is not much better than say Somalia when it comes to keeping the violent from arming themselves.

The NRA actively resists any restrictions on weapons because reasons.
You say nut cases that don't have a history can buy these weapons because background checks are useless so what is your suggestion other than throwing our hands up in the air or saying go arm yourself to the hilt?

I feel we need a Sheriff that collects all the guns when you come into town like in the Old West.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 03:06 PM
(03-12-2015 02:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 02:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not sure how this is the NRA's fault??? '& Background checks are completely useless to prevent mass shootings.

If weapons are readily available and background checks are completely useless the US is not much better than say Somalia when it comes to keeping the violent from arming themselves.

You say nut cases that don't have a history can buy these weapons because background checks are useless so what is your suggestion other than throwing our hands up in the air or saying go arm yourself to the hilt?

I feel we need a Sheriff that collects all the guns when you come into town like in the Old West.

I do the opposite. I leave mine at the police station when I leave town since I can't bring them into Canada Tongue Several of them are in my unit.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
03-12-2015, 03:17 PM

Honestly I don't have an answer. In reality, we might just have to accept that this is the true nature of what we have to deal with. Humans have the brain capacity to create these weapons of death. There is no way to stop it. AK47's are banned in France, and the surrounding countries, yet the terrorists managed to not only get their hands on them, but the ammunition as well. And bomb making materials.

We just have to accept that no matter what law is passed, only the law abiding citizens will honor the law. We could pass a law tomorrow that says all guns have to be turned in. Lets pretend that civil war doesn't start over the law, and 99.9% of people turn their guns in. The terrorists will still find a way to get guns and kill us. They'll smuggle them from Mexico. Or they'll use bigger bombs. It's futile. This isn't the wild west. It's far far worse. If you don't carry a gun, you'll be a victim. Even if you carry a gun you'll still be a victim. The terrorists will still get a few people with the element of surprise before they get taken out.

So that's where we are. There is no changing it. At least with guns we have a fighting chance. If every single person has to carry a gun to level the playing field then so be it. I'd rather go down fighting than be disarmed and defenseless.

People must agree with me because the lines at the gun store today are out of control.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-12-2015, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 03:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
CBS is reporting that a neighbor of the shooters had seen a number of "Middle-Eastern" men in the neighborhood, (a number of neighbors actually), but decided it was not PC to "profile them" and report what he had seen to the cops. It was terrorism.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-12-2015, 04:00 PM

Problem being - "in town" is where you're most likely to need your gun.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-12-2015, 04:04 PM
(03-12-2015 04:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 02:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I feel we need a Sheriff that collects all the guns when you come into town like in the Old West.

Problem being - "in town" is where you're most likely to need your gun.....

So we don’t change the status quo? Isn’t that the definition of insanity, doing the same thing but expecting a different result?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-12-2015, 05:09 PM
(03-12-2015 02:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not to be crass here, but with 300+ public shootings this year, I'm thinking *someone* will see events as a business opportunity. "For lots of bucks our company will guarantee your safety in public" ... like at concerts, and public venues, ... the gov can't do it for everywhere. Maybe it will take off ?

#sigh
03-12-2015, 05:12 PM
(03-12-2015 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there didn't use to be many active shooters.

You're not wrong.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-12-2015, 05:35 PM
(03-12-2015 02:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not to be crass here, but with 300+ public shootings this year, I'm thinking *someone* will see events as a business opportunity. "For lots of bucks our company will guarantee your safety in public" ... like at concerts, and public venues, ... the gov can't do it for everywhere. Maybe it will take off ?

A high school classmate of mine makes big bucks figuring out security for mega-churches....and has been doing it for some time now. We were pretty good buddies for many years and are still in contact though not much since he is quite evangelical now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-12-2015, 06:42 PM
(03-12-2015 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 05:34 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  That's because now it's trending.

That sounds like a joke, but really it's not.

I'm pretty sure there didn't use to be many active shooters. People who didn't like what was going on started huge demonstrations and sit-ins then.

Yeah, like these protesters in the 60's. Drinking Beverage

[Image: black-panther-protest.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user