At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 02:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not to be crass here, but with 300+ public shootings this year, I'm thinking *someone* will see events as a business opportunity. "For lots of bucks our company will guarantee your safety in public" ... like at concerts, and public venues, ... the gov can't do it for everywhere. Maybe it will take off ?

Let's partner up and make it happen! Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 06:56 PM
(03-12-2015 03:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 02:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Quite the quandary the citizens are in if we want to prevent future incidents.

If weapons are readily available and background checks are completely useless the US is not much better than say Somalia when it comes to keeping the violent from arming themselves.

The NRA actively resists any restrictions on weapons because reasons.
You say nut cases that don't have a history can buy these weapons because background checks are useless so what is your suggestion other than throwing our hands up in the air or saying go arm yourself to the hilt?

I feel we need a Sheriff that collects all the guns when you come into town like in the Old West.

Honestly I don't have an answer. In reality, we might just have to accept that this is the true nature of what we have to deal with. Humans have the brain capacity to create these weapons of death. There is no way to stop it. AK47's are banned in France, and the surrounding countries, yet the terrorists managed to not only get their hands on them, but the ammunition as well. And bomb making materials.

We just have to accept that no matter what law is passed, only the law abiding citizens will honor the law. We could pass a law tomorrow that says all guns have to be turned in. Lets pretend that civil war doesn't start over the law, and 99.9% of people turn their guns in. The terrorists will still find a way to get guns and kill us. They'll smuggle them from Mexico. Or they'll use bigger bombs. It's futile. This isn't the wild west. It's far far worse. If you don't carry a gun, you'll be a victim. Even if you carry a gun you'll still be a victim. The terrorists will still get a few people with the element of surprise before they get taken out.

So that's where we are. There is no changing it. At least with guns we have a fighting chance. If every single person has to carry a gun to level the playing field then so be it. I'd rather go down fighting than be disarmed and defenseless.

People must agree with me because the lines at the gun store today are out of control.

I actually tend to agree with LDH. It's too late. And terrorist deals for guns go on world wide in lawless countries and so on. Had the "military industrial complex" not taken over so much combined with the paranoia spawned by the Cold war, perhaps things may have been different. Perhaps if the older imperial nations such as Britain anf France had not attempted to regain lost land things may be different. Perhaps if Arch Duke Ferdinand had not been shot things might be different....

Half a chromosome from a chimpanzee is correct!

NOTE: Last night I lost control of my brain. Earlier at the hospital I had taken a new medication. I believe it affected me very much. I offer my apologies to any I may have offended. The effects are now wearing off. I still feel it though.
Yours. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 10:27 AM
I feel oddly validated, now investigators are looking into if the shooter's wife radicalized (I really fucking hate that term but whatever) him.

Damn I said that when I heard it was a husband and wife and everyone was just looking at him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-12-2015, 10:32 AM
(04-12-2015 10:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I feel oddly validated, now investigators are looking into if the shooter's wife radicalized (I really fucking hate that term but whatever) him.

Damn I said that when I heard it was a husband and wife and everyone was just looking at him.

I'm sure you realize everyone looked at him, because a female mass shooter is a rarity on par with honest politicians.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-12-2015, 10:50 AM
(04-12-2015 10:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 10:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I feel oddly validated, now investigators are looking into if the shooter's wife radicalized (I really fucking hate that term but whatever) him.

I'm sure you realize everyone looked at him, because a female mass shooter is a rarity on par with honest politicians.......

Never underestimate the influence of a woman. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-12-2015, 11:01 AM
I wish people would not get stuck on labels when it comes to gun violence. The common thing be it religious/political/or whackjob, is the same, easy access to guns. The couple's family was just as shocked and his brother if I am correct was a 4 year Navy Vet. While it is important to attack the Ideas of the political Islam in the East, we still in the west cant presume guilt. The PP shooter, and Roof, and McVeigh gun or bomb were not Muslims.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
On the wife pledging allegiance to an Islamic State leader, on Facebook:

Quote:The officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the matter, cautioned that the new evidence did not mean that the militant group directed Malik and her husband to carry out the attack and that investigators think it instead suggests that the couple had become self-radicalized.

One of the officials said the post was made under a different name and had since been removed, apparently by Malik herself. FBI technicians were able to recover it. Officials said the posting strongly suggested the attack was premeditated

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Is a female jihadist eligible for the 72 virgins as well?

Just wondering.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
(04-12-2015 02:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Is a female jihadist eligible for the 72 virgins as well?

Just wondering.

Their just give her a new labia and she becomes one.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-12-2015, 02:15 PM
(04-12-2015 02:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 02:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Is a female jihadist eligible for the 72 virgins as well?

Just wondering.

Their just give her a new labia and she becomes one.

Hmmm. A repaired hyman. Some trickery by ol' Allah. I call bullshit on him.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]