At least 25% of all christians violate the 7th commandment from god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 01:56 PM
At least 25% of all christians violate the 7th commandment from god
Since the most recent statistics show that 1 in 4 marriages end in divorce that means that 25% of all christians violate the ten commandments number 7.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

lets review:

Mark 10:11-12

And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

Luke 16:18

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Deuteronomy 24:1-22

“When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, and if she goes and becomes another man's wife, and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance. “When a man is newly married, he shall not go out with the army or be liable for any other public duty. He shall be free at home one year to be happy with his wife whom he has taken. ...Blink

Matthew 19:9

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Matthew 5:32

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-17

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife. To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. ...Laughat what the actual fuck Shocking

1 Corinthians 7:1-40

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...Dodgy

soooooooooo I wonder how good god fearing folk who subscribe to the Xtian delusion comes to grips with this? Consider

I always find it amusing how people can pick and choose which scriptures they think are "valid" and which ones are....well...."suggestions" Laugh out load

Thoughts?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: At least 25% of all christians violate the 7th commandment from god
I am pretty sure I have broken several of the commandments - some multiple times. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
09-08-2015, 02:00 PM
(09-08-2015 01:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty sure I have broken several of the commandments - some multiple times. Blush

hehe yeah me too....multiple times Rolleyes Weeping

Thankfully god doesnt exist Worship Slaves

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-08-2015, 02:02 PM
(09-08-2015 01:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Thoughts?
25% of Christians break more than one law.
And your point is?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 02:35 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-08-2015 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 01:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Thoughts?
25% of Christians break more than one law.
And your point is?

My point is so many believers of delusion know very little of their delusion(like you), have no clue of its historicity(like you), and like to pick and choose what "doctrine" they wish to subscribe to. I am surprised you are still on the forum, shouldn't you be out studying and learning about your religion after the intellectual and theological beating I gave you on your own religion? Go read, learn, think and evolve.

[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 02:35 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Wait, which of the three versions of the 10 Commandments are we using? I'm going with Exodus 34:12-28 (NIV)

(#1) 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles. 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

(#2) 15 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

(#3) 17 Do not make any idols.

(#4) 18 Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

(#5) 19 The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock.

(#6) 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons. No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

(#7) 21 Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

(#8) 22 Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

(#9) 25 Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

(#10) 26 Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." 28 Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Commandments 1-4 are bullshit. I can honestly say I've kept commandments 5-10. Checkmate theists.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Well as we all know, everything in the Bible came from ancient Near Eastern culture, and was not *given (by a god) to it*, and as we know the commandments came from the Egyptian Book of the Dead, I guess I wouldn't worry too much about it.

http://edward.de.leau.net/the-10-command...70513.html

"Hail to thee, great God, Lord of the Two Truths. I have come unto thee, my Lord, that thou mayest bring me to see thy beauty. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . . Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness . . . I have not reviled the God. I have not laid violent hands on an orphan. I have not done what the God abominates . . . I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer. I have not caused anyone’s suffering . . . I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste. I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields. I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance. I have not taken milk from a child’s mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage… I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water. I have not quenched a fire in its time . . . I have not kept cattle away from the God’s property. I have not blocked the God at his processions. “

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-08-2015, 02:49 PM
(09-08-2015 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  My point is so many believers of delusion know very little of their delusion(like you), have no clue of its historicity(like you), and like to pick and choose what "doctrine" they wish to subscribe to.
So?
(09-08-2015 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am surprised you are still on the forum, shouldn't you be out studying and learning about your religion after the intellectual and theological beating I gave you on your own religion? Go read, learn, think and evolve.
Hmm. Are you my father? boss? Do you like to boss women around? do you hit women?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 02:58 PM
(09-08-2015 02:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  My point is so many believers of delusion know very little of their delusion(like you), have no clue of its historicity(like you), and like to pick and choose what "doctrine" they wish to subscribe to.
So?
(09-08-2015 02:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am surprised you are still on the forum, shouldn't you be out studying and learning about your religion after the intellectual and theological beating I gave you on your own religion? Go read, learn, think and evolve.
Hmm. Are you my father? boss? Do you like to boss women around? do you hit women?

Rolleyes

shhhh there there, I know having ones religious beliefs exposed for the abject bullshit they are publicly, and then, having your child-like level of comprehension of said religion exposed for the....well...child-like level of comprehension that it is, must be humiliating. But remember child, you brought that down upon yourself. You attempted to pretend to know far more than you really did, and your copy and paste posts did little to validate your skewed worldview, but they did a fantastic job in teaching those that watched the hollowness of your religion's doctrine, and the weakness of your knowledge.

Now, dust yourself off, and endeavor to learn before you open your mouth again and make a bigger ass out of yourself than you already have.

No my dear lil Alla, I am not a woman hater, or a bully, but I am a knowledgeable person who will not sit idly by while dipshits like you make knowledge claims about things you know little about...and when you do, I will pounce every time and expose it for what it is: FICTION. Regardless of what demographic you fall into or claim to be.

[+] 8 users Like goodwithoutgod's post