At least 25% of all christians violate the 7th commandment from god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: At least 25% of all christians violate the 7th commandment from god
On my 4th.

Number one was the learner marriage...young and dumb (both of us, I was 22, she was 20), we knew each other 6 weeks and got married....having a kid, then another to strengthen the marriage didnt make things better. 6 years later I realized I deserved to be happy, and so did she. Gave her everything including my brand new GT, except my clothes, and a hefty child support payment. Paid the car off for her, and took all of our credit card debt.

Number two was the rebound marriage, three kids later, two of the kids died from Infantile Tay-Sachs disease three months apart, wife successfully committed suicide on her third attempt...left me with a 3 yo, and up to my eyeballs in debt. When they were diagnosed I had two jobs, and the wife had one, so fast forward a year of going through the suck and I had my job, my surviving child and nothing else, they repossessed everything over that year, cars, furniture...lost everything.

Number three was the sensible marriage. Met a woman online, she was educated, came from a privileged background, and match.com said we were a perfect match...looking back I see how the expectations and desire to be married over rode the clear signs that she was a complete spoilt rotten demanding bitch who lacked the ability to compromise on anything. She would throw at me constantly.."dont like it, leave"...so eventually I did, but not until we had already had a little boy, and tried for 7 years to make it work....it was like serving a life sentence, and I knew the stress would eventually kill me, so I left, gave her everything, took all of the debt, gave her the car, paid it off for her, put $10k down on a new townhouse, bought her all new furniture, and handed over $25k a year in child support...all for the hope of maintaining a positive relationship for the sake of my children...to no avail.

Number four is the trophy marriage...hehe, my wife laughs when I say that....way too good to be with me and my day rises and sets on her smile. I wasn't looking to EVER get married again, then this angel flew into my life. We have been married now 5 years, together 6.5, and everyday is better than the day before. We communicate so well, giggle everyday at each other like two starstruck teenagers, and generally make everyone around us sick Angel

There are no guarantees in life, love, or marriage as you know RS76, go with your gut and your heart. If the fundamentals are there, once the dust settles from physical attraction...what some call the "honeymoon period", you will still have a loving, passionate, and meaningful relationship. If those fundamentals (political, religious, parental perspectives, ability to compromise and communicate) are not there, then it may not work in the long run......but this is coming from a guy who is on his 4th marriage Unsure

I wish you and yours the best though, may you be as happy as I am in my marriage everyday. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Most of the Christians in my immediate family have been divorced at least once.

Divorce does seem to be one of the things that the Jesus character in the Bible does not like at all, since he mentions it so often. Divorce doesn't bother me as much as it bothered Jesus. I'm very glad that my husband left his first marriage (four years, he got married at age 21), and to my mind, most of my family members' second marriage choices were better than their first. However, I'm hoping I won't have to go through a divorce. We'll make it to the 20-year mark in January.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
09-08-2015, 04:56 PM
(09-08-2015 04:52 PM)julep Wrote:  Most of the Christians in my immediate family have been divorced at least once.

Divorce does seem to be one of the things that the Jesus character in the Bible does not like at all, since he mentions it so often. Divorce doesn't bother me as much as it bothered Jesus. I'm very glad that my husband left his first marriage (four years, he got married at age 21), and to my mind, most of my family members' second marriage choices were better than their first. However, I'm hoping I won't have to go through a divorce. We'll make it to the 20-year mark in January.

Congrats, that is awesome. My wife's parents have been together 34 years. My father and stepmother have been married now 36 years, and my mother and stepfather have been marrried around 20 years. I look forward to making it past 7 for once Unsure lol

That is my wife's ongoing joke, that I am going to trade her in at 7 years...and I always respond no honey, I hit the lottery with you, it doesnt make sense to trade down, and anyone but you would be a trade down. AngelHeartAngel

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
(09-08-2015 01:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty sure I have broken several of the commandments - some multiple times. Blush

You go, girl!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Renovate a house together. If you're still on speaking terms after that, she's a keeper.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
09-08-2015, 05:12 PM
She and I met in the reception line for getting our books signed by E.O.Wilson, when he spoke in Lawrence, KS in 2005.

My Beloved knows all that my ex did (after I caught ex cheating with whole basketball team, literally, and threw her out, refusing to accept her polyamorous lifestyle) to set me up for my wrongful convictions... she came to every court hearing, visited me every month no matter how far away I was imprisoned, and brought our child to be with his dad, every time, making sure I was as involved in his life as possible. She stuck by me through 9 years of fighting through the State's delays for the appellate overturn of the conviction. She made sure I got back in touch with my folks and helped to bridge the gap to rebuild that relationship so our son would have the full support of both families. She refused to sell my motorcycles (in storage) when our son had ear problems and the medical bills put a strain on our income, even though I told her to do so-- and she calls them by their proper names. She would keep me up to date on the latest scientific advances in genetics she thought I'd find interesting. She never failed to answer the phone when I called. She continued to live at home with her parents, even though she could easily afford a place of her own because she wanted to be sure our son had the best schools and home environment possible, and didn't want to rely on daycare. She completely gave up all those years of her life to be a good mother and partner to me, as I went through that living hell. When I got out, she was here, with him, even though the only property/home I had left was 6 hours away from where they live, and she is waiting patiently for me to sell it and get the business I run moved up closer to her. She went every summer for a week or two to visit my crazy, rambunctious, huge Cajun family, even though she is a major introvert and doesn't like crowds or social gatherings. She went with me for the past couple of weeks to do the same, and was gracious and wonderful throughout.

We still laugh like children. She amazes me, and I love her more than my own life. I tell her so every day, and that she is so beautiful to me that no other woman can move me in the slightest, even though she rolls her eyes at me when I do. I don't say "my Beloved" to just hide her real name; I almost always refer to her as such (or one of her other pet names), even in her presence, and always have from the moment I realized just how much I love her. I tell her than our relationship isn't forever, though... I am 7 years older, and I told her than when she turns 80, and I am 87, I will leave her for a woman half her age. She just smirks at me.

I was asking Anjele what worked and why because I want to be the best husband I can be, because she deserves such a man.

Oh, and though she is a Christian, even she thinks my family are a bunch of religious nutjobs, and she mocks their BS more than I do. Another photo of the family gathering, this time of her and our son in The Room With Too Many Crosses™, at Aunt Susie's house (Susie in foreground, youngest aunt, Stefanie, in glasses and barely visible at left of photo, next to my mother's arm bearing the giant wristwatch) in deep south Louisiana:

[Image: amanda_in_louisiana_zpsuktlifxw.jpg]

Yes, those crosses are in addition to the ones you saw in the other picture I posted from that room, today. And those aren't all of 'em. *sigh*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
(09-08-2015 05:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yes, those crosses are in addition to the ones you saw in the other picture I posted from that room, today. And those aren't all of 'em. *sigh*

Are they worried about vampires? Are there a bunch of garlic braids to go with the crosses?

#sigh
(09-08-2015 04:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yikes! I decided, after posting my question to you, to call Beloved and talk to her... ended up telling her what I'd asked you on here.

On second thought... might not relay the results... Sadcryface2

Sorry. Blush

I really think that if my first husband hadn't died we would have lasted. His dad is a wonderful man and my husband was like him in many ways. I still sometimes wonder what kind of man he would have become.

My current husband and I have both been through a lot of shit from the time we were kids. If nothing else, we understand each other in that respect. He helped raise my three kids from ages 4, 10, and 14. I give him a lot of credit for that. We have found a certain calm that we both need. I used to put up with his Southern man beating on his chest crap but don't any more. He has learned that I am able to stand up for myself and will when necessary. He had to get used to that. It's not perfect but it's worked for 23 years. Most important has been learning to accept each other's quirks. Truth be told...on the rare occasion when he pisses me off to the point where I 'bow up at him' it sort of scares him a bit. I didn't ever do it for the first half of the marriage. I imagine this one will be till death do us part.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
There's an anecdote about 7th commandant.

In Serbia it is common to write number 7 crossed like in the pic

[Image: 15wfa7l.png]

and the story says that when Serbs got the commandments they looked at the 7th and thought "nope, this ain't going to work" and just crossed it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
09-08-2015, 05:22 PM
(09-08-2015 05:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  She and I met in the reception line for getting our books signed by E.O.Wilson, when he spoke in Lawrence, KS in 2005.

My Beloved knows all that my ex did (after I caught ex cheating with whole basketball team, literally, and threw her out, refusing to accept her polyamorous lifestyle) to set me up for my wrongful convictions... she came to every court hearing, visited me every month no matter how far away I was imprisoned, and brought our child to be with his dad, every time, making sure I was as involved in his life as possible. She stuck by me through 9 years of fighting through the State's delays for the appellate overturn of the conviction. She made sure I got back in touch with my folks and helped to bridge the gap to rebuild that relationship so our son would have the full support of both families. She refused to sell my motorcycles (in storage) when our son had ear problems and the medical bills put a strain on our income, even though I told her to do so-- and she calls them by their proper names. She would keep me up to date on the latest scientific advances in genetics she thought I'd find interesting. She never failed to answer the phone when I called. She continued to live at home with her parents, even though she could easily afford a place of her own because she wanted to be sure our son had the best schools and home environment possible, and didn't want to rely on daycare. She completely gave up all those years of her life to be a good mother and partner to me, as I went through that living hell. When I got out, she was here, with him, even though the only property/home I had left was 6 hours away from where they live, and she is waiting patiently for me to sell it and get the business I run moved up closer to her. She went every summer for a week or two to visit my crazy, rambunctious, huge Cajun family, even though she is a major introvert and doesn't like crowds or social gatherings. She went with me for the past couple of weeks to do the same, and was gracious and wonderful throughout.

We still laugh like children. She amazes me, and I love her more than my own life. I tell her so every day, and that she is so beautiful to me that no other woman can move me in the slightest, even though she rolls her eyes at me when I do. I don't say "my Beloved" to just hide her real name; I almost always refer to her as such (or one of her other pet names), even in her presence, and always have from the moment I realized just how much I love her. I tell her than our relationship isn't forever, though... I am 7 years older, and I told her than when she turns 80, and I am 87, I will leave her for a woman half her age. She just smirks at me.

I was asking Anjele what worked and why because I want to be the best husband I can be, because she deserves such a man.

Oh, and though she is a Christian, even she thinks my family are a bunch of religious nutjobs, and she mocks their BS more than I do. Another photo of the family gathering, this time of her and our son in The Room With Too Many Crosses™, at Aunt Susie's house (Susie in foreground, youngest aunt, Stefanie, in glasses and barely visible at left of photo, next to my mother's arm bearing the giant wristwatch) in deep south Louisiana:

[Image: amanda_in_louisiana_zpsuktlifxw.jpg]

Yes, those crosses are in addition to the ones you saw in the other picture I posted from that room, today. And those aren't all of 'em. *sigh*

Sounds like a keeper RS76, love her and keep her and your family safe. Looks like she has been through the thick and the thin with you, a good indicator she is truly committed to you and loves you. I wish you both the best. It appears you and I have been extremely lucky, albeit it took me 4 times to find mine. Blush

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post