At least if I'm going to hell, all the cool people will be there ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2013, 01:00 PM
At least if I'm going to hell, all the cool people will be there ;)
Just introducing myself. I actually learned about this site after liking the Facebook page, which I am active on, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this forum! I am 22 and living in Wisconsin, was baptized in the Catholic church (my mom was not religious and my dad's family is Catholic, and in order for them to marry in the "sanctity of the church," my mom had to go through RCIA to become Catholic or she would not be allowed to marry him--and my grandfather was the deacon that officiated the wedding, so it wasn't like she had a choice), I was raised Catholic until I was about 9 when I my sister died in a drowning accident and we moved to a new town an hour north (from a larger city to a small, small town), started going to an Evangelical Free church until my mom started a scandal by introducing her two friends (a 45-year-old woman and a 60-year-old woman, both married to men) who then left their husbands to marry each other (so, of course, this was my mom's fault, propogating the gay agenda and whatnot).
I stopped going to church regularly at 15/16. I really had to put in an effort around this time. Even as a child, I didn't care much for church or agree with policies or doctrines. For the next 5 or 6 years, I went church hopping, was asking a lot of questions of pastors and not getting much in the way of actual answers that I could accept, etc. I gave my last honest try to be a Christian last year before renouncing faith entirely.
I am dating a Christian. We're both of the scientific mind and I have no qualms about grilling him when I disagree with something, and vice versa. I love him very much and this makes our relationship interesting. The church he goes to is the best church I have ever been to and I don't mind going sometimes. The pastor is not cut from the same cloth as most others, he's going for his doctorate in divinity studies, and I don't agree with the faith itself, but the people are honest and good and don't make me feel like I'm in a cult when I go to services with my boyfriend. This church is geared toward college students like myself.
My mom is pretty supportive of my nonbeliefs. My brother was super religious, a very devout Christian for years, and has also renounced faith. My dad is a run of the mill Christian who will post verses from the bible on my Facebook wall, etc. I've never gotten along with him, so it doesn't bother me so much.
Anyways, this is getting long and I apologize. I studied English and Psychology at the university level for 4.5 years and I have transferred into a criminal justice program to study to be a paralegal. I work as a CNA at a nursing home on the night shift, so I've started doing classes online as I am not able to work 9 hours overnight then go to classes from 8am until 6pm or later.
I am happy to answer any questions. I am delighted to be on this forum!
--bri
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: At least if I'm going to hell, all the cool people will be there ;)
Nah, they'll all be hot. Damned hot...

And welcome to the forums!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
12-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Welcome Smile

I also love the title of your post. It definitely caught my attention. It's true; If there is in fact a Hell, I look forward to hanging out with all the awesome people. Drinking Beverage I like to think we'd have very lively discussions.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Why hell-o Tongue

Welcome to our godforsaken little patch of internet Smile

Edit: fucken size tags Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! I apologize for the original post being so squished together. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
12-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Damn right im going to hell... have you seen the devil??

[Image: Liz+Hurley.jpg]
(from the movie "bedazzled")

Welcome to the forum Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Nice to meet you. Outside of there being no evidence for hell, I would like to meet a lot of people that are down there. Unless hell happens to be the center of the earth. In which case I wonder how one who is dead will feel pain. Or see for that matter. Or exist for that matter.

Don't think much thought was put into the subject.

Friede

Just an outsider looking inn.
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
(12-03-2013 03:28 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Nice to meet you. Outside of there being no evidence for hell, I would like to meet a lot of people that are down there. Unless hell happens to be the center of the earth. In which case I wonder how one who is dead will feel pain. Or see for that matter. Or exist for that matter.

Don't think much thought was put into the subject.

Friede

I understand what you're saying, but yes, thought was put into the subject. I'm told that I will be "going to hell" all the time for my nonbelief. I don't believe in hell, I'm just being sarcastic and playing on a familiar "insult" I'm sure a lot of us hear. Regardless, it's nice to meet you as well and I thank you kindly for the welcome post.
12-03-2013, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 05:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
For your housewarming gift, you get a dose of the Young brothers and Bon Scott for your thread title. Big Grin ... My friends are gonna be there too. ... hehehehehe Evil_monster

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.