At the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2015, 01:03 PM
At the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month...
Greetings, People who are smart enough to recognize that religion and deities were created by humans.

Most of you don’t know me, so “Hello”.

To the few who do, also, “Hello”.

And for those in the “Yabut, who are you?” category; to you, I also say “Hello”.

I’ve been saving my 15,000th post for something special, and here it is:

It was 4 years ago to the day, that I made my first foray into the wonderful, world of Online Outrage Atheism. Three months earlier I had just started therapy to recover from religion, and I was able to finally say ‘publicly’ that I had left 4 decades of Evangelicalism behind and had become an atheist.

It was on 11/11/11, after listening to a couple of TTA Podcasts, that I decided to jump, feet first, into the TTA Forum. I hadn’t read a single post before I joined. I literally had no idea what I was getting into at the time. But I immediately felt like I had found a home as I was warmly welcomed by the OGs such as Kim, Stark, Observer, Zat and his wife, Lilith, Cufflink, Kineo, GirlyBob, itsFerdinand, CalmYourTitsBro (aka. InsideMyOwnMind, aka. LegendOfLink), Morondog, Denicio, Bucky, Buddy, Lucradis, LadyJane, and so many others who were already here. (Forgive me if I didn’t give you an OG shout out. It was 4 years ago, after all, and a lot of anti-depressants and THC have passed through my brain’s blood-barrier since then).

As my first year on TTA passed, the forum grew like ganja, and after a couple of years, still deep into intensive therapy, the place started feeling to me like a church business meeting with people being people: arguing, bickering, name-calling, bullying, and power-tripping. As a former pastor, you can imagine that this triggered a shit-storm of emotions for me. Since it’s easy to blow steam off from behind a computer screen, I lashed out. Some of it deserved, some of it not. If you’ve received an apology from me, your lashing was undeserved. If you didn’t…well, you can figure out who you are.

And now a couple of years have gone by without TTA and I’m visiting on this anniversary date to tell you that I’ve found life beyond these digital pages. Four years of therapy ended a few months ago. I rarely, if ever, drink (because when I did, I did reckless and dangerous things to myself). I walk every day with my dog. I think about meditating most days (not that I do it, mind you…). I don’t want to slit my throat with a hunting knife anymore. I’m less bothered by the regret of a life lived steeped in religion and all the moral trappings that came with it.

I found a lot of support here during my darkest times, and I will always be grateful for the community I had here. Many of you I’ve stayed in contact with through email and Facebook, and you are still enriching my life today. Some others, I’d like to still be in touch with. hmu.

Today, things are evolving for the better in my inner life. I can’t say that life’s circumstances are greatly improved for me, but I’m seeking to be much more mindful of the moment and serene about the things I can’t do anything about. I’m also always gauging my Online Outrage to check if it is real angst versus Recreational Outrage. If it’s real, I want to speak out about it. If it’s recreational outrage, I have better things to do with my emotional energies.

So at this 11th hour (as I post this), on the 11th day of the 11th month, this non-believer is grateful for the forum that was there in 2011.

And moving forward, I wish you well on your own journeys to be good without gods.

Peace Out, No doubt,
Erx

tl’dr: I used to be a member here. This is the anniversary of the date I joined. Hello.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Erxomai's post
11-11-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: At the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month...
Hello.

An updated picture of your cute dog would have been nice. Smile

Glad you are well.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Hey you,
Things have not changed much. I still swear a lot. Weeping
Miss your humor. Glad you are well.
Rolleyes
11/11 ... singles day in China. Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
(11-11-2015 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Greetings, People who are smart enough to recognize that religion and deities were created by humans.

And for those in the “Yabut, who are you?” category; to you, I also say “Hello”.

It was 4 years ago to the day, that I made my first foray into the wonderful, world of Online Outrage Atheism. Three months earlier I had just started therapy to recover from religion, and I was able to finally say ‘publicly’ that I had left 4 decades of Evangelicalism behind and had become an atheist.

It was on 11/11/11, after listening to a couple of TTA Podcasts, that I decided to jump, feet first, into the TTA Forum. I hadn’t read a single post before I joined. I literally had no idea what I was getting into at the time. But I immediately felt like I had found a home as I was warmly welcomed by the OGs such as Kim, Stark, Observer, Zat and his wife, Lilith, Cufflink, Kineo, GirlyBob, itsFerdinand, CalmYourTitsBro (aka. InsideMyOwnMind, aka. LegendOfLink), Morondog, Denicio, Bucky, Buddy, Lucradis, LadyJane, and so many others who were already here. (Forgive me if I didn’t give you an OG shout out. It was 4 years ago, after all, and a lot of anti-depressants and THC have passed through my brain’s blood-barrier since then).

As my first year on TTA passed, the forum grew like ganja, and after a couple of years, still deep into intensive therapy, the place started feeling to me like a church business meeting with people being people: arguing, bickering, name-calling, bullying, and power-tripping. As a former pastor, you can imagine that this triggered a shit-storm of emotions for me. Since it’s easy to blow steam off from behind a computer screen, I lashed out. Some of it deserved, some of it not. If you’ve received an apology from me, your lashing was undeserved. If you didn’t…well, you can figure out who you are.

And now a couple of years have gone by without TTA and I’m visiting on this anniversary date to tell you that I’ve found life beyond these digital pages. Four years of therapy ended a few months ago. I rarely, if ever, drink (because when I did, I did reckless and dangerous things to myself). I walk every day with my dog. I think about meditating most days (not that I do it, mind you…). I don’t want to slit my throat with a hunting knife anymore. I’m less bothered by the regret of a life lived steeped in religion and all the moral trappings that came with it.

I found a lot of support here during my darkest times, and I will always be grateful for the community I had here. Many of you I’ve stayed in contact with through email and Facebook, and you are still enriching my life today. Some others, I’d like to still be in touch with. hmu.

Today, things are evolving for the better in my inner life. I can’t say that life’s circumstances are greatly improved for me, but I’m seeking to be much more mindful of the moment and serene about the things I can’t do anything about. I’m also always gauging my Online Outrage to check if it is real angst versus Recreational Outrage. If it’s real, I want to speak out about it. If it’s recreational outrage, I have better things to do with my emotional energies.

So at this 11th hour (as I post this), on the 11th day of the 11th month, this non-believer is grateful for the forum that was there in 2011.

And moving forward, I wish you well on your own journeys to be good without gods.

Peace Out, No doubt,
Erx

tl’dr: I used to be a member here. This is the anniversary of the date I joined. Hello.

Hellbound Preacher!
[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

Why don't you stick around? Most of your reasons for leaving have been reconciled. I told you that wielding the ban hammer was a stupid idea.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-11-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 01:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2015 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Greetings, People who are smart enough to recognize that religion and deities were created by humans.

Peace Out, No doubt,
Erx

Hellbound Preacher!

Why don't you stick around? Most of your reasons for leaving have been reconciled. I told you that wielding the ban hammer was a stupid idea.

#sigh
11-11-2015, 01:49 PM
For Angie:[Image: rOSMaKh]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-11-2015, 02:00 PM
When I saw your name at the start of a thread I thought someone had resurrected an old one - 'cos that's the only time I see you these days.

Good to know you're OK - sounds like you've really figured some stuff out.

Congratulations on your 15 000th post, and welcome back, however long or brief your stay may be. There's always a thread that could use a bit of Erxing up...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
You left just as I showed up...coincidence?

Never thought I’d see your 15,000 post, glad to hear you’re doing well.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the update. I don't really know you, but I am happy you've been working things out.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
11-11-2015, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 03:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2015 01:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Peace Out, No doubt,
Erx

Hellbound Preacher!

Much to my surprise when I lifted my eyes I was a victim of a great compromise.

I used to sleep at the foot of old girly.

#sigh