At the Chinese Buffet, Today...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: At the Chinese Buffet, Today...
(25-08-2015 12:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummm. Dodgy This thread went from fortune cookies to motorcycles.

Just sayin'.

Drinking Beverage

You say that like it's a problem. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2015, 12:47 AM
[Image: confused.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-08-2015, 12:53 AM
(25-08-2015 12:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: confused.jpg]

Well, now you know what's it's like when I listen to people talk about sports... Tongue

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2015, 01:01 AM
(25-08-2015 12:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, now you know what's it's like when I listen to people talk about sports... Tongue

Let's talk about cricket!

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-08-2015, 02:27 AM
(24-08-2015 02:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So it's gorgeous outside, and I decide to take one of the new bikes (in aaaaalmost finished form) for a test-ride. On the way back, I'm getting gas and realize I'm hungry, so I decide to stop at the China Buffet in my small Missouri town.

Seated at a booth by myself, in between two booths of old people, I can't help but hear the conversations. The ones behind me are working on a Christian website, called "Miracle-somethingorother", on their laptops. It's actually kinda charming, since they appear to be 70ish but clearly have a pretty good grasp of how to make a website, and I get a few chuckles as they start to discuss how to phrase things "properly" so it is "Christ-appropriate". Nothing to bug me.

At the table in front of me, they're discussing a fortune cookie that said, "A problem you have been having will disappear this month". The lady doing most of the talking does a pretty good job of skeptically dissecting the claim, since it could apply to anything and is meant to be read with confirmation-bias, et cetera. I'm delighted! Christians on one side of me, Skeptics on the other... except, nope... turns out they were only skeptical to fortune cookies. Their next fifteen minutes were spent discussing every asinine claim made among the Woo of the Christ flock, everything from Bible Prophecies Coming True Today™ (what did you just say about confirmation bias, lady?) to "We can see the Power of the Lord working with that poor family our church is helping out" (since the Lord saw fit to let the patriarch of the family die in a very medically-expensive way). One of them even managed to throw in a "Obama says we all came from monkeys" claim at another point in that conversation. Angry

I managed, just, not to comment, but after hearing the "came from monkeys" slur, I put down my fork hard enough for them to notice my agitation and stalked over to pay for my meal and get the hell out of there. Luckily, the lovely weather made the ride the rest of the way home pleasant enough that my mood has recovered.

I have got to get out of this town.

What bike do you ride?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
25-08-2015, 02:50 AM
(25-08-2015 02:27 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What bike do you ride?

Where am I again? Did my phone ring?
25-08-2015, 03:48 AM
(25-08-2015 12:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 12:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummm. Dodgy This thread went from fortune cookies to motorcycles.

Just sayin'.

Drinking Beverage

You say that like it's a problem. Tongue

Guys, guys, chillax. There's no reason we can't have both.
[Image: il_214x170.777212544_pjbw.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
25-08-2015, 03:53 AM
oh...just realised this thread turned into one about motorbikesThumbsup

I have 2 ...a suzuki vstrom 650...love it..and a cream 1998 bmw r 1200c...love it too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
25-08-2015, 04:36 AM
My brother has one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, a 1996 Honda VF750C Magna Deluxe in violet and creme, but his has a set of Vance & Hines 4-into-4 exhaust.

[Image: Honda%20VF750C%20Magna%20D%20Lux%2095.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2015, 05:14 AM
Darn, I guess I'll derail this thread to talk about the original topic.

I was at Braums with my nephew and we were talking about the council of Nicea and how they constructed Christianity. This lady from the next table over kept looking at us with an angry look on her face.

I could tell she didn't like what we were saying, but she was also ignorant of what we were talking about other than Christianity wasn't very real. So I think she was wanting to shout at us "Jesus is real!" but she just sat there in silence glaring. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post