Atheism’s 10 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Atheism’s 10 Commandments
While these are fine I think TTA could do better.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1692212/atheist...-commands/

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.
3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
4. Every person has the right to control over their body.
5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.
6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.
7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.
8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.
9. There is no one right way to live.
10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.

So I’m appointing myself judge and jury and will now field your submissions. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-12-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: Atheism’s 10 Commandments
I think aligning ourselves with similar precepts of religion sends a false message. Never been a fan of this. Not being a buzz kill, Full, you're my boy, just think this practice is silly and misleading. Maybe in Oregon this flies, but not with me.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 04:25 PM
(21-12-2014 04:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I think aligning ourselves with similar precepts of religion sends a false message. Never been a fan of this. Not being a buzz kill, Full, you're my boy, just think this practice is silly and misleading. Maybe in Oregon this flies, but not with me.

[Image: Crash_and_Burn_MAF7033D.jpg]

Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-12-2014, 04:26 PM
It's not like I said quoting people is stupid. Smile

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
21-12-2014, 04:30 PM
(21-12-2014 04:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 04:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I think aligning ourselves with similar precepts of religion sends a false message. Never been a fan of this. Not being a buzz kill, Full, you're my boy, just think this practice is silly and misleading. Maybe in Oregon this flies, but not with me.

[Image: Crash_and_Burn_MAF7033D.jpg]

Weeping

Hug

Willhopp's a big meanie - want me to beat him up Flex - I think I can take him. Girl_nails

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-12-2014, 04:32 PM
I second that.

----
21-12-2014, 04:37 PM
1: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

2: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

3: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

4: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

5: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

6: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

7: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

8: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

9: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

10: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

11: Fuck off!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
21-12-2014, 04:50 PM
If I'm making commandments, then I'm going to make sure they benefit me and possibly others.

1. Give me all your money.

2. All food is free.

3. All housing is free.

4 All health care is free

5 All education is free.

6 Everyone over the age of 18 will work somewhere.

7 Those unable to work or unwilling to work will be sent to cannibal island.

8 Be happy

9 Don't be a dick

10 Really, don't be a dick

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
21-12-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 06:43 PM by Shadow Fox.)
1. Do not harm others or make life miserable for other human beings. We live life together here on this world, and it may be the only life we will ever have. So treat every moment of others lives as if they were our own.

2. Do not try to regulate, control or prohibit the free flow of information, technology and the Internet. To set limits on what people can do with code, or prohibit the free flow of information of any kind is not ethical, and will only lead to crime and rebellion. It is better for humanity to have free access to all rather then to selfishly hoard it for profit or power.

3. The free flow of knowledge should be free. All knowledge should belong to all people who request, or desire to obtain it. Education should be free at all levels and no one should be limited by their purse or origin.

4. You will not admit to others doing a crime that they themselves have not done. Nor will you admit to deeds others have done.

5. Do not condemn people for their ethnicity, color, or their inborn nature.

6. Do not ever even think of using people as private or public propriety. People are not propriety of any other.

7. Hide your face and weep, if you dare to harm a child.

8. Be logical and not faithful.

9. Share with others your land, food, money, or anything else you are able too if they are truly in need.

10. Denounce any religion, any god, and any ideology, if any commandments, tenants, laws, rules, edicts, or opinions should contradict the above.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
21-12-2014, 05:37 PM
(21-12-2014 04:37 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  1: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

2: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

3: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

4: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

5: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

6: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

7: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

8: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

9: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

10: Dont limit your societies legal texts to a minimalistic and insufficient maximum of 10 ultimate unchangeable commandments.

11: Fuck off!

TGAC, you only needed two, #1 and #11 Thumbsup