Atheism +

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Atheism +
Opinions?

Personally cannot stand them. I find them to be a contemptable lot of insufferable moral elitists drenched in radical feminism that is comparable to cancer. That and their "You're either with us or against us" mentality pisses me off. Its like their trying to make atheism into everything its not: A religion.

Wonder how long before they ask for tax-exempt status?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: Atheism +
(19-04-2013 12:26 AM)DerekS Wrote:  Opinions?

Personally cannot stand them. I find them to be a contemptable lot of insufferable moral elitists drenched in radical feminism that is comparable to cancer. That and their "You're either with us or against us" mentality pisses me off. Its like their trying to make atheism into everything its not: A religion.

Wonder how long before they ask for tax-exempt status?
I think it's a good idea. If atheists are people who got rid of religion through reason. Why couldn't they use the same method to get rid of other kinds of bullshit? Few people are atheists and atheists only, notably infants. Many atheists have a good moral code, they already are "atheists +" by default. You might be. I might be.

But I don't know how did they put that idea to work. I haven't seen a live feminist in my lifetime and I don't know the rest of Atheism +. I'd say Atheism + is about being tough on ourselves and our most favorite ideas. Are they tough on themselves?

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
19-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Fuck that, Lumi. They suck. Agree with the group-think, or else! Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Atheism+ itself is pretty bad.
Social justice etc. etc. are points that remind me more of a political party.
You could have a similar party with completely opposing views agreeing only on the atheism bit.
Which kind of goes to prove that it is 'just another' subject, like foreign affairs, agriculture and defense.

But if more people start such parties, you know what you get then?
United Atheist Alliance
vs.
Unified Atheist League
vs.
Allied Atheist Alliance

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
19-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Exactly how many A+ threads are you going to have....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
19-04-2013, 03:14 AM
(19-04-2013 03:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Exactly how many A+ threads are you going to have....

As many as it takes. Tongue

19-04-2013, 03:16 AM
(19-04-2013 03:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Exactly how many A+ threads are you going to have....

As many as it takes. Tongue

As many as it takes to do what?

Admit to ourselves that we have an almost complete consensus that A + is a bad idea?

I am angry tonight.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
19-04-2013, 03:25 AM
For what I know, I don't think one needs Atheism+. To have likeminded people unite is in no way bad, but it's just this movment's name that bothers me. What does Atheism have to do with feminism or racism? If you feel like you fight for these causes, join an anti-racist group instead. Just because we are atheists doesn't mean we have some sort of superior moral understanding, and we are the only type of people who can solves these issues. Atheist or theist; anyone can be a good guy, and anyone can be an asshole.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
19-04-2013, 03:26 AM
(19-04-2013 03:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  As many as it takes. Tongue

As many as it takes to do what?

Admit to ourselves that we have an almost complete consensus that A + is a bad idea?

I am angry tonight.

As many as it takes to run out of stuff to bitch about. And after we're through beating that dead horse, we'll resurrect it and call it a zebra. And beat it all over again.

Or, I could make another Gwynnie thread. But nobody likes my Gwynnie threads. Sadcryface2

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Of course not, House.

Always making making threads about some old woman is bound to get old eventually.