Atheism+...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Atheism+...
(22-07-2014 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 09:21 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I followed a bit of this last year because I like a lot of the Micheal Shermer stuff.... His name popped up because PZ Myers repeated some rape allegations without fact checking, or contacting the authorities. Shermer contested this with a letter from a lawyer and I don't know anything since.... I understand that the allegation was basically, 'we had sex drunk, therefore rape'. It's all a bit strange.... I have watched a few of these militant feminists on you tube. They basically despise men and see sexism in EVERYTHING. Anita Sarkizy, (I have no idea how you spell her name) is probably the worst, they actually blatantly make shit up, particularly about media effects on men and the gaming industry.

As far as the rape stuff goes, I have no idea as to the facts, other than it's public knowledge no criminal complaint was made to the police (that's a bit suspicious) but I have watched a lot of these atheism + women's youtube videos to know they're fucking poisonous hagravens who despise those of us with tackle! They are attention seeking controversy creating scum bags and they seem to be making a career out of it.... I fucking hate them.

PZ Meyers has done a few stories "rape culture" or whatever where if a man awkwardly asks a woman for a drink, he's obviously a rapist.

He panders and as far as I'm concerned I began to question other things he writes about.

Oh yeah! I remember that drinking thing. Weren't they even trying to say if 2 people shagged drunk but the woman regretted it the following day, it counted as rape!?

It's ridiculous, that should work both ways! The amount of times I pulled what I thought was a mega babe only to find out the next morning I'd actually fucked a girl that Porky Pig had turned down, so by atheist + logic I was raped loads of times in my late teens/early 20s. Shit, I feel so dirty now! Big Grin

Actually though, on a more serious note, these crusaders are imbeciles, fortunately, not too many people seem to take their ideas too seriously. There way of thinking is actually destructive because it trivialises rape and is a massive patronising insult to real victims!

I also remembered this!

No wonder he hates men who can get on well with women! I wish we had a cringe emote

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2014, 06:04 PM
(22-07-2014 06:00 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  PZ Meyers has done a few stories "rape culture" or whatever where if a man awkwardly asks a woman for a drink, he's obviously a rapist.

He panders and as far as I'm concerned I began to question other things he writes about.

Oh yeah! I remember that drinking thing. Weren't they even trying to say if 2 people shagged drunk but the woman regretted it the following day, it counted as rape!?

It's ridiculous, that should work both ways! The amount of times I pulled what I thought was a mega babe only to find out the next morning I'd actually fucked a girl that Porky Pig had turned down, so by atheist + logic I was raped loads of times in my late teens/early 20s. Shit, I feel so dirty now! Big Grin

Actually though, on a more serious note, these crusaders are imbeciles, fortunately, not too many people seem to take their ideas too seriously. There way of thinking is actually destructive because it trivialises rape and is a massive patronising insult to real victims!

I also remembered this!

No wonder he hates men who can get on well with women! I wish we had a cringe emote

So gross.....
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
22-07-2014, 06:13 PM
(22-07-2014 06:04 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 06:00 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Oh yeah! I remember that drinking thing. Weren't they even trying to say if 2 people shagged drunk but the woman regretted it the following day, it counted as rape!?

I also remembered this!

So gross.....

I know! I sincerely cringe and feel embarrassed for him when I watch that!

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
22-07-2014, 11:10 PM
(22-07-2014 08:19 AM)natachan Wrote:  I heard that it was radical feminists who ran the thing. I tend to dislike radical feminists. I like men, and I dislike the kind of misandry that some of those in the atheism+ community show. I also don't like how it divides atheists, who need to be together and to expand more.

This is exactly what it is. It's a bunch of feminist extremists who constantly preach misandry trying to hijack the atheist movement. I advise people to stay away from it. Like you said, the last thing we need is something driving a wedge between us as we are trying to fight against religion controlling our lives.

The well-known You Tube atheist Thunderf00t has made several videos blasting these extreme man-haters.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
22-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Atheism+...
I've skimmed the forum before, and it struck me as being very...

Well...

[Image: matybada.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
24-07-2014, 12:25 PM
(22-07-2014 07:57 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  So as I delve more and more into the atheist community I keep seeing this little + symbol coming up...

Is it just me - as something of a noob - or is this whole Atheism 'plus' idea a little misguided. Adding to the definition of atheism seems to be both deliberately divisive and to miss the point of free-thought in the first place.

The incessant arguments over feminism amongst YT atheists at the minute is a particularly good example and is leaving me with nothing but headaches from all the facepalming...

Rant over.
Atheism is a special case of PHILOSOPHY. People with the Atheism+ really want and need philosophy, but they don't realize that, because philosophy is a poisoned well for the last 1000 years or so, due to academics and government ideologies.
I believe the people from the Atheism+ movement are basically saying,
"We are not stupid about the God thing and we want to be not stupid about some more things too, but we don't know how. So let's try feminism!"
That is to say, they do not even philosophy. Philosophers must put aside all society and reason from the first principles, which is probably the most difficult discipline on Earth, due to the enormous amount of culture today. (I mean culture in the sense that bacteria have culture too)
24-07-2014, 12:40 PM
(22-07-2014 08:19 AM)natachan Wrote:  I heard that it was radical feminists who ran the thing. I tend to dislike radical feminists. I like men, and I dislike the kind of misandry that some of those in the atheism+ community show. I also don't like how it divides atheists, who need to be together and to expand more.

I make a big point about not even calling them radical feminists since in doing so, one admits that they have successfully hijacked the term entirely (and they have quite frankly).

Are they radical? Yes. Are they feminists? About as much as a patriarchy advocate is.

The misandrists we typically label as "radical feminists" are in fact the antithesis of feminism's original ideals since they argue for a reversal of the current gender power structure, which is just as unacceptable a solution from a feminist perspective as allowing the current one to stay in place.

A bigoted, hate-mongering misandrist is just that, a bigoted, hate-mongering misdandrist. They are certainly not feminists in any sense of the original word, not even as radicals.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-07-2014, 12:46 PM
(24-07-2014 12:25 PM)Luminon Wrote:  philosophy is a poisoned well for the last 1000 years or so, due to academics and government ideologies.

Blink Jassus, you just can't get away from the government can you? 1000 years of philosophy well poisoning, in collusion with the filthy academics! No wonder us plebs don't stand a chance... My brothers (and sisters) (and persons of indeterminate gender who are a sibling relation but for whom we do not have a plural noun due quite possibly to government meddling during the formative phases of the English language), we must stand firm against this threat! Don't believe anything anyone says ever! Except me, of course. Otherwise it becomes a circular... thing. And that's just silly. Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-07-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 02:13 PM by Luminon.)
(24-07-2014 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 12:25 PM)Luminon Wrote:  philosophy is a poisoned well for the last 1000 years or so, due to academics and government ideologies.

Blink Jassus, you just can't get away from the government can you? 1000 years of philosophy well poisoning, in collusion with the filthy academics! No wonder us plebs don't stand a chance... My brothers (and sisters) (and persons of indeterminate gender who are a sibling relation but for whom we do not have a plural noun due quite possibly to government meddling during the formative phases of the English language), we must stand firm against this threat! Don't believe anything anyone says ever! Except me, of course. Otherwise it becomes a circular... thing. And that's just silly. Drinking Beverage
It would be nice if people were curious how did I arrive at my stances, because it wasn't out of nowhere.
I spent most of my life having fairly normal opinion on politics and I thought organized aggression has a place in the society, if we just use it in a right way, at right time, on right people. Well, now I think there's no way to get it right. My parents sure did not get it right and they knew me hell a lot better than my politicians.

When I mean government, I mean violence, I mean force. Argumentum ad baculum, if you will. We don't take it from God, but we do take it from the king.
For example, I don't think much of modern philosophers, but I think Immanuel Kant was a good one. He reasoned from the first principles and stuff. But even he did bow to the argumentum ad baculum.

One prince said that the coming about of enlightenment will only arrive if you, “Argue as much as you will, and about what you will, but obey!” ;(Kant 87). In short, this means you can argue but you can’t revolt. Kant seemed to take this into account when qualifying what will bring about enlightenment.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
24-07-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 02:46 PM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: Atheism+...
(24-07-2014 02:08 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Blink Jassus, you just can't get away from the government can you? 1000 years of philosophy well poisoning, in collusion with the filthy academics! No wonder us plebs don't stand a chance... My brothers (and sisters) (and persons of indeterminate gender who are a sibling relation but for whom we do not have a plural noun due quite possibly to government meddling during the formative phases of the English language), we must stand firm against this threat! Don't believe anything anyone says ever! Except me, of course. Otherwise it becomes a circular... thing. And that's just silly. Drinking Beverage
It would be nice if people were curious how did I arrive at my stances, because it wasn't out of nowhere.
I spent most of my life having fairly normal opinion on politics and I thought organized aggression has a place in the society, if we just use it in a right way, at right time, on right people. Well, now I think there's no way to get it right. My parents sure did not get it right and they knew me hell a lot better than my politicians.

When I mean government, I mean violence, I mean force. Argumentum ad baculum, if you will. We don't take it from God, but we do take it from the king.
For example, I don't think much of modern philosophers, but I think Immanuel Kant was a good one. He reasoned from the first principles and stuff. But even he did bow to the argumentum ad baculum.

One prince said that the coming about of enlightenment will only arrive if you, “Argue as much as you will, and about what you will, but obey!” ;(Kant 87). In short, this means you can argue but you can’t revolt. Kant seemed to take this into account when qualifying what will bring about enlightenment.

You know that's why sensible people actually explain themselves when giving reasoning opposed to just asserting ideas... So they don't instead make claims without giving a base to their reasoning and don't come off as one making asinine proclamations.

I would day I've never seen anything radical about the feminism of the group. I however didn't read tons if blogs about it though. The only people I ever actually followed with a smige of connection to the movement was the Atheist community of Austin, the atheist experience and non prophets hosts. Even the female godless botched podcast discussed it and "supported" the movement happening, I didn't see any proclaims of desiring female ascendent over men or any few of feminism other than equal human judgment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson