Atheism+...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 05:04 AM
RE: Atheism+...
(11-09-2014 03:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 10:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He asked her to coffee in his hotel room at 2 am...not really asking out for coffee.

Well, I don't think there would be a nearby coffee place open that early in the morning. Maybe he had a really good brew that was shit out by some Brazilian cats or something?

In all seriousness, the man did commit a social faux pas by getting on the elevator with her. Alone. At night. On the other hand, nothing came of it. She said no and he left. That should have been an ending to that poopy story.

Agreed. He was a creep but nothing happened. Should have ended with her saying no.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 09:18 AM
(11-09-2014 03:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  In all seriousness, the man did commit a social faux pas by getting on the elevator with her. Alone. At night. On the other hand, nothing came of it. She said no and he left. That should have been an ending to that poopy story.

Is this some kind of double entendre or is it seriously becoming a thing that guys shouldn't use elevators if a girl is already in there?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
12-09-2014, 09:25 AM
(12-09-2014 09:18 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 03:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  In all seriousness, the man did commit a social faux pas by getting on the elevator with her. Alone. At night. On the other hand, nothing came of it. She said no and he left. That should have been an ending to that poopy story.

Is this some kind of double entendre or is it seriously becoming a thing that guys shouldn't use elevators if a girl is already in there?

If you are hitting on the girl yes. If you are just riding to your floor and getting off without saying a word then it is not a big deal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-09-2014, 10:27 AM
(12-09-2014 09:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 09:18 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Is this some kind of double entendre or is it seriously becoming a thing that guys shouldn't use elevators if a girl is already in there?

If you are hitting on the girl yes. If you are just riding to your floor and getting off without saying a word then it is not a big deal.

I don't see that as an issue with sexism, I see that as an issue with personal space. I can certainly see how that might make someone very uncomfortable.
12-09-2014, 10:30 AM
(12-09-2014 10:27 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 09:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you are hitting on the girl yes. If you are just riding to your floor and getting off without saying a word then it is not a big deal.

I don't see that as an issue with sexism, I see that as an issue with personal space. I can certainly see how that might make someone very uncomfortable.

Exactly! No one likes to feel their personal space is being invaded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2014, 10:31 AM
(12-09-2014 10:27 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 09:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you are hitting on the girl yes. If you are just riding to your floor and getting off without saying a word then it is not a big deal.

An elevator is a confined space with no immediate escape. I can understand feeling trapped when unwanted attention is given in such a situation. Had it been in a bar or the lobby she could have just walked away.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-09-2014, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 10:59 AM by Logica Humano.)
(12-09-2014 09:18 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Is this some kind of double entendre or is it seriously becoming a thing that guys shouldn't use elevators if a girl is already in there?

It has always been a "thing". Men are typically not supposed to follow women onto the elevator alone to hit on a woman. Imagine if you were alone, late at night, on an elevator with a person much larger than you. Somebody who is interested in sexual relations. What if "no" isn't an answer for him?

Violence or worse. And imagine -- the people in the above video knew each other.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
12-09-2014, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 07:52 PM by CleverUsername.)
(12-09-2014 10:54 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

It has always been a "thing". Men are typically not supposed to follow women onto the elevator alone to hit on a woman. Imagine if you were alone, late at night, on an elevator with a person much larger than you. Somebody who is interested in sexual relations. What if "no" isn't an answer for him?

Violence or worse. And imagine -- the people in the above video knew each other.

Hitting on someone wasn't mentioned. The claim was that it was a "social faux pax" to get on an elevator with a women alone at night, or at least that's what the wording indicated. Some context may have been missed on my part.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
12-09-2014, 12:43 PM
(22-07-2014 02:54 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  For instance, on their website this is the first sentence you read. "Atheism+ is a safe space for people to discuss how religion affects everyone and to apply skepticism and critical thinking to everything, including social issues like sexism, racism, GLBT issues, politics, poverty, and crime."

I don't know about you all, but I think the atheism "movement" should stick to just that, atheism.

Conversely, I think that could be an absolutely fine movement, but it should probably have a different name, and that name shouldn't be picked from one of the things on the list. Calling the movement LGBT+ when it encompasses aoo of those things seems equally stupid.
12-09-2014, 02:11 PM
If you ask me, atheist just means I don't believe in God...

Getting mighty sick of all the stuff that gets bolted onto it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user