Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?
Hi folks, the title might seem 'extreme' for some but let's go with it Big Grin

I've a simple considering, we all care about human rights and see the religions far away from that line, but how about animals, human evolution and religions all together ? Why aren't we compassionate to them as well as we are to humans ? We are againts killing and genocide of humans but why not to animal slaughters which can be considered as holocaust by 50 billion land animals per year ? There's no hippie here, there's only a guy thinks of adding animals, too to its compassion circle and also believes that humans are not in the center of this universe (as well as many of you believe it maybe..) I didn't have any emotional triggerings on veganism debate because I didn't care a lot about the death of them in reality, I just thought like If it's possible and healthier to go on without flesh or anything that causes animals to be used, enslaved and at last killed, I would just go through with it. But of course without forcing or intimidating people to be like me..(That's what is we are all opposed to)

So what do you guys think ? They've killed animals for sacrificing since my childhood and I think I've got an apathy for this but have you ever seen and felt bad about a dead animal on the street or smw. ? Is speciesism what really matters ?

Peace Lamo

Keywords : Vegan, Nutrition, Harvard and Oxford Vegetarian Studies, Animal Holocaust, Hippie, Schopenhauer, Dostoyevski, Tolstoy, Gandhi, Al Maari, Plant Perception, Central Nervous System, Cognitive Functions in animals ..

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?
(12-09-2014 11:50 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Hi folks, the title might seem 'extreme' for some but let's go with it Big Grin

I've a simple considering, we all care about human rights and see the religions far away from that line, but how about animals, human evolution and religions all together ? Why aren't we compassionate to them as well as we are to humans ? We are againts killing and genocide of humans but why not to animal slaughters which can be considered as holocaust by 50 billion land animals per year ? There's no hippie here, there's only a guy thinks of adding animals, too to its compassion circle and also believes that humans are not in the center of this universe (as well as many of you believe it maybe..) I didn't have any emotional triggerings on veganism debate because I didn't care a lot about the death of them in reality, I just thought like If it's possible and healthier to go on without flesh or anything that causes animals to be used, enslaved and at last killed, I would just go through with it. But of course without forcing or intimidating people to be like me..(That's what is we are all opposed to)

So what do you guys think ? They've killed animals for sacrificing since my childhood and I think I've got an apathy for this but have you ever seen and felt bad about a dead animal on the street or smw. ? Is speciesism what really matters ?

Peace Lamo

Keywords : Vegan, Nutrition, Harvard and Oxford Vegetarian Studies, Animal Holocaust, Hippie, Schopenhauer, Dostoyevski, Tolstoy, Gandhi, Al Maari, Plant Perception, Central Nervous System, Cognitive Functions in animals ..

Nope, we are omnivores veganism is more of a religion than a nutrition plan as it is not really that healthy. I do support humane conditions for animals being raised for food.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM
If the purpose of killing an animal is to eat it I have no problem with it. What I am opposed to is animal cruelty.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 8 users Like CiderThinker's post
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
(12-09-2014 11:56 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  If the purpose of killing an animal is to eat it I have no problem with it. What I am opposed to is animal cruelty.
Is there 'humane' killing ? Is it better to die of a sharpened knife than beating and punching Big Grin Who wants and has the right to live here? Gnawing animals for appetite or need.. That's the question Tongue

At least we are all humane to each other Revenant77x Big Grin

12-09-2014, 12:08 PM
(12-09-2014 12:04 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 11:56 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  If the purpose of killing an animal is to eat it I have no problem with it. What I am opposed to is animal cruelty.
Is there 'humane' killing ? Is it better to die of a sharpened knife than beating and punching Big Grin Who wants and has the right to live here? Gnawing animals for appetite or need.. That's the question Tongue

At least we are all humane to each other Revenant77x Big Grin

Bolt to the brainstem is instantaneous and I'd take that if given the option. Far better than letting an animal bleed out or die of organ failure. So yes there is a humane way to kill.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-09-2014, 12:12 PM
There is no god but I love a steak.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
12-09-2014, 12:19 PM
(12-09-2014 12:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Bolt to the brainstem is instantaneous and I'd take that if given the option. Far better than letting an animal bleed out or die of organ failure. So yes there is a humane way to kill.

We talk like If the animal didn't want to live already, and we choose a better ending for his life ? Do animals have right to live or they're just meant to be used by capitalist forces and humans for cancer ? Lol Im no real Vegan, just common sense Big Grin

(12-09-2014 12:12 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  There is no god but I love a steak.

We all do mate Big Grin Although God hasn't created them for us, we love how it tastes Thumbsup

12-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Speciesism has a lot to do with it. As a vegan you have surely killed another living creature because you deemed it's species less significant than others.
What I'm getting at is this. Where do you draw the line? What in your eyes deserves our respect, and what is insignificant?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-09-2014, 12:25 PM
(12-09-2014 12:19 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 12:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Bolt to the brainstem is instantaneous and I'd take that if given the option. Far better than letting an animal bleed out or die of organ failure. So yes there is a humane way to kill.

We talk like If the animal didn't want to live already, and we choose a better ending for his life ? Do animals have right to live or they're just meant to be used by capitalist forces and humans for cancer ? Lol Im no real Vegan, just common sense Big Grin

(12-09-2014 12:12 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  There is no god but I love a steak.

We all do mate Big Grin Although God hasn't created them for us, we love how it tastes Thumbsup

Go look up how Kobe Beef cows are raised and tell me they are being abused.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-09-2014, 12:27 PM
(12-09-2014 12:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  Speciesism has a lot to do with it. As a vegan you have surely killed another living creature because you deemed it's species less significant than others.
What I'm getting at is this. Where do you draw the line? What in your eyes deserves our respect, and what is insignificant?
What all matters is being sentient, conscious and some other..

Having emotions and a different way of expressing itself, having some kind of commune or family just like us etc.

I care about plants, too Unsure

(12-09-2014 12:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Go look up how Kobe Beef cows are raised and tell me they are being abused.

Found it mate --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI4oiId47dM

Awesomee